I refused service to fire-arm carrier with wheelchair

FormerTaxiDriver♧

Mind you, this is a TAXI CAB pickup!

IMG_20191217_092452904.jpg

Now, I was sitting there reading all the stuff around his frond door, then got scittish about his mental state, then out he comes strapped with a large pistol and a wheelchair.

I asked if that was a real fire arm, then he said YES. I said that I not taking him. He then said he will sue me, and took my picture with his phone.

Attached is what I seen, right before he came out.

losiglow

I missed the part in the 2nd amendment about requiring a badge when carrying a firearm.

Having said that, if you were sincerely concerned about his mental state combined with the fact that he had a gun, then I'd have a hard time blaming you for refusing service.

But if it was just some guy with a gun in a holster, then it shouldn't be a problem.

kingcorey321

Because you are intolerant and deny service to a person based on your personal disgust for his way of life.
what goes around comes around. uber lyft drivers and not allowed to carry any weapons . why should be require picking them up ?
would i of picked him up no. reasons the store was all decked out with stupid shit. this person was not in the right mind in my opinion.
would i of picked up a different person open carrying sure.
and i QUESTION YOU ! your a MODERATOR . (WHO ARE YOU TO CALL SOMEBODY A BIGOT ) to me the original poster can file a civil suit vs this website . slander . I suggest you subtract your statement with a apology .

25rides7daysaweek

Firearms are against Uber/Lyft policy.

2A does not prevent them from having this policy.

All drivers agree to this policy in order to be allowed to use the app.
Post automatically merged:

Can we deny service dogs if the owner is packing. I'm gonna send a support message and see.
Dont initiate contact w uber support unless you absolutely have too
You could end up deactivated
for just saying the words.

tohunt4me

Mind you, this is a TAXI CAB pickup!

View attachment 389859

Now, I was sitting there reading all the stuff around his frond door, then got scittish about his mental state, then out he comes strapped with a large pistol and a wheelchair.

I asked if that was a real fire arm, then he said YES. I said that I not taking him. He then said he will sue me, and took my picture with his phone.

Attached is what I seen, right before he came out.
MOST handicapped people DO carry an " Equalizer".

You just never know about it.

Trafficat

what goes around comes around. uber lyft drivers and not allowed to carry any weapons . why should be require picking them up ?
would i of picked him up no. reasons the store was all decked out with stupid shit. this person was not in the right mind in my opinion.
would i of picked up a different person open carrying sure.
Uber corporate is a bunch of bigots. Same with Lyft corporate. They are both based out of California where this bigotry is mainstream, so that is likely why they have such policy.

and i QUESTION YOU ! your a MODERATOR . (WHO ARE YOU TO CALL SOMEBODY A BIGOT ) to me the original poster can file a civil suit vs this website . slander . I suggest you subtract your statement with a apology .

If I was hailing a ride, it seems he would most likely refuse to pick me up because he doesn't agree with my way of life, unless I chose to remain closeted and hide my gun. I would consider that bigoted. He states he only picks up people with guns if they have a badge.

Most gun carriers are refused service only when they encounter seething leftists who hate everything gun rights stand for, and hate everything about the people who represent that lifestyle. If someone googles your name and it comes up with a picture of you being involved in gun culture, or a pro-gun comment, there is a good chance a leftist firm will not hire you.

tohunt4me

Uber corporate is a bunch of bigots. Same with Lyft corporate. They are both based out of California where this bigotry is mainstream, so that is likely why they have such policy.

If I was hailing a ride, it seems he would most likely refuse to pick me up because he doesn't agree with my way of life, unless I chose to remain closeted and hide my gun. I would consider that bigoted. He states he only picks up people with guns if they have a badge.

Most gun carriers are refused service only when they encounter seething leftists who hate everything gun rights stand for, and hate everything about the people who represent that lifestyle. If someone googles your name and it comes up with a picture of you being involved in gun culture, or a pro-gun comment, there is a good chance a leftist firm will not hire you.
BUFFALO Wild Wings wont allow police to dine with guns.

First Place I would Rob !

Attachments