• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

I refuse aux cord to pax, rating goes down

Glock19

Every time I refuse aux cord or phone charger to riders, my rating goes down. Just like riders slam my car doors, similarly they misuse my USB cable and I end up buying a new one, given that driving with Uber is minimum wage.

Last night I picked up a couple. They wanted aux cord to play their music. I said my phone was connected and that they could not have my USB cable. As I completed the trip, my rating went down. I'll let it hit rock bottom and then switch to yellow cab.

Do you think the blame goes to other drivers who go out of the way for their pax, and thus, pax are in the habit of demanding things from driver?

Glock19

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Who cares if they use the aux cord? Stop buyung cheap cords if they break so easily. Ive had the same cord in my car for 3 years and havent had a problem.
a) I buy cables form Best Buy and they cost about $25. Riders usually twist it where the phone connector is.
b) I only provide transportation service. My car is not a night clubs.
c) I don't like their music.
d) Some of the riders want it too loud. That becomes a safety issue. If I turn it down, still it becomes 1 star rating for me. Since it's already 1 star, I would just not give it.

Benjamin M

I have a really nasty Lightning cable that someone left in the car yesterday, want it? No way he's paying $15 to get it back 😂

We're down rated for the most trivial things. It's truly sad.
Post automatically merged:

If you don't want to provide an aux cord, just tell them you don't have one. Aux cords are kind of outdated anyway.

If you say you have one, but no they can't use it -- of course they will give you a low rating!
My car resembles an Airbus A380 cockpit. There may be an aux plug somewhere but damned if I know where.

I stay focused on the "glass," only thing coming from my speakers is the next turn - period.

Maybe cheap disposable headphones, like on planes? I'm not much on freebies.

steveK2016

a) I buy cables form Best Buy and they cost about $25. Riders usually twist it where the phone connector is.
b) I only provide transportation service. My car is not a night clubs.
d) Some of the riders want it too loud. That becomes a safety issue. If I turn it down, still it becomes 1 star rating for me. Since it's already 1 star, I would just not give it.
I can tell why youre getting so many 1 stars and it aint just the aux cord. Get your panties untwisted...

DriverMark

Less than 10 minute ride.... "Sorry, I don't have an Aux".

Over 10 minute ride, and they appear "ok", I might get it out.

I'm very discriminatory against those that don't look "OK", and the super hot high maintenance clubbing chicks that start annoying you within 30 seconds of getting in your car with: My friends are coming. Do you have any gum? Aux Cord? Water? Can I turn up the radio? Can I change my destination? Can I add a stop? .... OMG, STFU ALREADY! ..... then listening to how they are going to get free drinks (or did) all night because of how hot they are .... OMG STFU AND GET OUT ALREADY!!!! Are we there yet!!! PLEASE LORD LET US GET THERE ALREADY!!!!!! Give me my $3 and GTF OUT!

But typically I go with: "I have SiriusXM, what do you want to hear?" Excluding the super hot maintenance chicks. They get nothing......

Another Uber Driver

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I absolutely will NOT allow opera, disco or rap in my car. This is not an item for discussion, debate, argument or questions. Those genres ARE NOT PERMITTED IN MY CAR.

If they are acceptably behaved, I might suffer Taylor Swift, Katie Perry, Lady GaGa for a few minutes, but, ONLY A FEW.

Then, I blast this:

........................gets the ick out,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Uberbrent

Do 2019 cars even have aux ports? I haven’t seen one on my suburban and I haven’t looked real hard...I just tell the pax that new cars no longer have aux ports and I don’t offer a charger which is connected to my phone. In reality, the only people that ask are the college kids for their 5 minute trip to the bar.

Pax Collector

Every time I refuse aux cord or phone charger to riders, my rating goes down. Just like riders slam my car doors, similarly they misuse my USB cable and I end up buying a new one, given that driving with Uber is minimum wage.

Last night I picked up a couple. They wanted aux cord to play their music. I said my phone was connected and that they could not have my USB cable. As I completed the trip, my rating went down. I'll let it hit rock bottom and then switch to yellow cab.

Do you think the blame goes to other drivers who go out of the way for their pax, and thus, pax are in the habit of demanding things from driver?
Lose the aux cord, like right now. Keep the chargers. You'll be fine.

And who cares about their stars? Lol

TheDevilisaParttimer

Do 2019 cars even have aux ports? I haven’t seen one on my suburban and I haven’t looked real hard...I just tell the pax that new cars no longer have aux ports and I don’t offer a charger which is connected to my phone. In reality, the only people that ask are the college kids for their 5 minute trip to the bar.
You got a 2019 suburban on Uber/Lyft???

Benjamin M

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I absolutely will NOT allow opera, disco or rap in my car. This is not an item for discussion, debate, argument or questions. Those genres ARE NOT PERMITTED IN MY CAR.

If they are acceptably behaved, I might suffer Taylor Swift, Katie Perry, Lady GaGa for a few minutes, but, ONLY A FEW.

Then, I blast this:

........................gets the ick out,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
That.. Was.. Epic!! 😂

Bring back the 80s :frown:
Post automatically merged:

He did mention that his car isn't a nightclub.
I've tossed around the idea of installing some LED mood lights. Would that make me a tool?

Benjamin M

That's actually pretty cool, provided they don't violate any laws :smiles:
Yeah, nothing over the top. I have seen a few cars here that are so bright that I have to wonder how they can see at night. Doesn't seem to be an issue for em.

I have been upgrading exterior lights, the latest mod was strobe LED brake lights. They flash five times and then burn solid. Cut way down on tailgating and has helped with picking up pax downtown. Cops don't seem to care so far, as long as they stay solid they're technically legal.