I receive a dollar?

Nick S

What the hell is this! Mistake???

Attachments

• IMG_3033.PNG
    IMG_3033.PNG
    25.6 KB · Views: 131

San Diego Steve

This is a breakdown of your POO earnings.

You are hauling pax around San Diego for the price of a pack of gum - and less than bus fare.

But hey, look at the bright side. At least you are getting Uber a TON of SRF's!
Gas is ramping up and drivers still take pools? I broke my protocol and took some pools just to mix it up, I'll stick to X only unless on destination mode. Then I call and qualify their ride or tell them to cancel. I'm not driving anyone for less than $7 net, my average is $15 at end of day. You guys are fools to drive at no profit and burn miles on your cars. If I don't make a minimum of 80 cents net per mile including commute door to door, the shift is a failure!

Blushark

What the hell is this! Mistake???
In this example, if three people drove those folks it would be $12.60. One driver makes $9.82. That is 25% less to drivers by taking pool. Com'on people please don't do pool!

Last edited:

LuisEnrikee

Accept pool - turn off notifications.
I rather that than X lately .
I rather have only 1-2 PAX GUARANTEED, rather than having a pack of 4 monkeys in my car asking how I like uber and if that's my full time job .

Wombat7

If you're careful, pick your time and location, it can work.

Was trying to do 3, here's 2 more.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170911-232950.png
    Screenshot_20170911-232950.png
    27.7 KB · Views: 81
  • Screenshot_20170911-232950.png
    Screenshot_20170911-232950.png
    27.7 KB · Views: 70
  • Screenshot_20170911-233039.png
    Screenshot_20170911-233039.png
    27.5 KB · Views: 71
  • Screenshot_20170911-232925.png
    Screenshot_20170911-232925.png
    21.6 KB · Views: 72
In this example, if three people drove those folks it would be $12.60. One driver makes $9.82. That is 25% less to drivers by taking pool. Com'on people please don't do pool!

The flip side of that, though, is that you would not have gotten all three of those rides, and you make more from Point A (first pick-up) to Point D (last drop-off) than you would have with a single passenger going there. It's basically a legit way to stretch a 3.00 trip into a 9.oo one. Plus three potential tips instead of one. Very little downside to Pool now that the payout to you is boosted to match X, IMO, particularly during surge and Quest.

Safe_Driver_4_U

Only way to accept poo is with great care, some times and areas are single shorties, minors going to school etc. you need to manage a way to get the cancel fee and if Lyft line that's even worse. So far the only time I can take the poo and win is on DF and or surge. NEVER NEVER tale the poo at SAN. I know a driver that took the poo down there and was routed away from rider 1 to Harbor Island for a disaster of a pick up, rider 2 cancels, rider 1 cancels total disaster.

Gas is ramping up and drivers still take pools? I broke my protocol and took some pools just to mix it up, I'll stick to X only unless on destination mode. Then I call and qualify their ride or tell them to cancel. I'm not driving anyone for less than $7 net, my average is $15 at end of day. You guys are fools to drive at no profit and burn miles on your cars. If I don't make a minimum of 80 cents net per mile including commute door to door, the shift is a failure!
yes indeed,, this is management 101, drive the cost of labor as low as the market will bear. I agree X is rapidly turning into a sub $10 per hr gig. They will never raise base rates because it's harder to reduce them later, these TNCs will use promos to retain and or recruit new drivers. Much easier to change promos around than the base rate. I am grateful to have decent primary income. These drivers on leases are slaves. There is NO way anyone can say either U/L has a shred of ethics, these companies are fully aware of the lease driver conditions, the airport rip offs and all the rest. Not to worry folks maybe a class action lawsuit will be filed to make things fair... you know, the lawyers get millions, the drivers get a coupon for a free ride!

Wombat7

I think labor costs for Uber have reached the point of diminishing returns. They found that out the hard way when they went too low in many markets about 18 months ago.

Rides are currently subsidized to the tune of between 40-60%. They have little choice but to eventually raise rates. If SoftBank drinks the kool aid it'll allow Uber to continue to subsidize rates for a few more years.

A way to reduce the supply of drivers would for the state to require fingerprint background checks. Massachusetts does it and it's eliminated 1000s of drivers AFTER U/L's computerized background checks. That's in MA. How many 1000s more drivers do you think would be eliminated in CA? What would that plus subsidy elimination do to labor costs?

Autonomous cars? Somebody has to clean and maintain those vehicles on a daily basis. Could very definitely cost much more than they're worth once you include the reality of human behavior in every respect.

My thinking is that sooner or later, within 5 years at the max, they'll have to raise the fares. Hopefully, it'll be much sooner.

JasonB

I think labor costs for Uber have reached the point of diminishing returns. They found that out the hard way when they went too low in many markets about 18 months ago.

Rides are currently subsidized to the tune of between 40-60%. They have little choice but to eventually raise rates. If SoftBank drinks the kool aid it'll allow Uber to continue to subsidize rates for a few more years.

A way to reduce the supply of drivers would for the state to require fingerprint background checks. Massachusetts does it and it's eliminated 1000s of drivers AFTER U/L's computerized background checks. That's in MA. How many 1000s more drivers do you think would be eliminated in CA? What would that plus subsidy elimination do to labor costs?

Autonomous cars? Somebody has to clean and maintain those vehicles on a daily basis. Could very definitely cost much more than they're worth once you include the reality of human behavior in every respect.

My thinking is that sooner or later, within 5 years at the max, they'll have to raise the fares. Hopefully, it'll be much sooner.
Operating a fleet of autonomous vehicles is going to cost far more than currently predicted.

Look at all the crap that drivers take care of for Uber right now:

- Maintenance (inspections, oil & fluid changes, tires etc)
- Parts & Auto repairs (major car problems)
- Daily vehicle cleaning, inside and out
- Tickets, infractions, moving violations, parking tickets
- Fuel
- Licensing/Registration

Just stop for a second and think seriously about the list of things you take care of for Uber,
that THEY would become responsible for with a fleet of Robot Cars.

And that is just the operational costs!

What about when you start adding in opportunity costs?

For example, robot car is sitting in the alley in PB, because that's where
Uber Nav directed it to go, and Pax can't find it!

There is also a large segment of the population that won't be interested in
taking autonomous vehicles, for one reason or another.

If you think all these operational and opportunity costs will be much less than the .80 or
so cents per mile Uber is currently paying drivers, you're out of your mind.

Don't swim in pools

Uber loses around 500 million per quarter. They have around 6billion in the bank from investors and started with something like 20billion. They can operate as is for only around 2.5 to 3 years before they have to figure out something else to make it profitable. Raising rates which is unlikely or stopping all fresh meat incentives. Who knows what exactly they will do but bottom line current business model doesn't work. Investors just hope with all the name hype that uber has become they figure out what works.

Poopy54

I had to take a poo from airport, because I turned down a Shelter Island, and didnt want to get booted.

T1 as soon as I was pulling out a t2 called swung around and got him....both going towards Carlsbad, great payday on that....and then got a DF back to the port nice 65.00 turns of events.....but was lucky, never accepted poo from San again, didnt want to ruin a good thing

Null

I had to take a poo from airport, because I turned down a Shelter Island, and didnt want to get booted.

T1 as soon as I was pulling out a t2 called swung around and got him....both going towards Carlsbad, great payday on that....and then got a DF back to the port nice 65.00 turns of events.....but was lucky, never accepted poo from San again, didnt want to ruin a good thing

When you get a long trip like that stop accepting new trips. It's very unlikely Pax 2 is going any further and leaves another driver to make 30+.