I quit Uber and Lyft But why I'm I still coming to Uberpeople website!!!

Feisal Mo

I quit Uber the last rate decrease and quit Lyft almost 3 month ago. However, I just don't understand why i am still visiting Uberpeople.net website. I even google uber news every other day to keep up to date as to what is going. I'm I forever connected/addicted to Uber and Uber people.net???

Anyone else experiencing this?

Reversoul

I typically visit this site while I wait for a ping. It keeps my mind active. Otherwise the idle sound of my engine and AC would drive me crazy. Uber expects us to stare at the app screen while we wait. That's why we get that obnoxious alert asking us if we want to stay online when we're on another window. It just about gives me a heart attack every time.

I've gotten in the habit of reopening the app every few minutes to avoid the alert. Even as I type this I opened the app like a trained monkey.

hangtyte

It's because us drivers see every possible thing and you wish for knowledge / laughter... That's what drives you back to this site haha!

And we rock basically...

Reversoul

I return because I like to read and laugh at all the morons that drive around for less than minimum wage.
Get over yourself.

You're calling people morons because you think you're better than us? You obviously drove for uber at some point (and probably still do) so you're a moron as well...and a hypocrite.

I don't know about others, but I make a lot more than minimum wage. As soon as I finish school I'll be done with this phase of my life. But how dare you judge people for trying to make money. At least they are trying and not laying around collecting a government check.

Get a clue.

oscardelta

I quit Uber the last rate decrease and quit Lyft almost 3 month ago. However, I just don't understand why i am still visiting Uberpeople.net website. I even google uber news every other day to keep up to date as to what is going. I'm I forever connected/addicted to Uber and Uber people.net???

Yes. I haven't given a ride since late February. Deleted both apps. I don't even live in the same state I was driving in anymore.

The funny thing is, Uber and Lyft are both still sending me texts encouraging me to drive and refer new drivers.

And I can't quit this forum. Strange.

Kalee

I haven't driven since the last rate cuts. I deleted the app from my phone, contacted Uber and made them scrub all my information from their systems.
So there is no way possible that I'll be driving again. I get nauseas at the thought of it. And at these new low rates? You have GOT to be kidding me!

But I will continue coming to this site until Uber ceases to exist. It is my job - my duty - to educate others on what a filthy company this is.

gofry

I quit long ago too (didn't make enough money) and I keep coming back, mostly to try to talk newbies out of wasting their time chasing profits that aren't there and to look for a real job with benefits. It is a real shame how many people in bad financial situations are lured in and unable or unwilling to do the math.

Uber SUCKS for drivers!

Get over yourself.

You're calling people morons because you think you're better than us? You obviously drove for uber at some point (and probably still do) so you're a moron as well...and a hypocrite.

I don't know about others, but I make a lot more than minimum wage. As soon as I finish school I'll be done with this phase of my life. But how dare you judge people for trying to make money. At least they are trying and not laying around collecting a government check.

Get a clue.

shiftydrake

I have never driven for Uber........just like the classic 7-up commercial "never have....never will".......but I am a well known member on this board....I guess I come here while working to read. And laugh and wonder..........I have no life I guess.........:smiles:

uberyft

I return because I like to read and laugh at all the morons that drive around for less than minimum wage.
For sure, same reason of why I return here.
Everyone here can get a better job or return to do what they were doing in the past (as long as the bridge wasn't burned) and still hop here to laugh at the drivers losing money on trips.