1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

I quit and reported uber to the ftc

Discussion in 'Quit' started by nameless313, Feb 22, 2017.

?
  1. Yes

58.6%
  2. No

34.5%
  3. Im reporting them too!

6.9%
  1. I don't think you get it.

2. Loralie

Loralie Active Member

Yes exactly well said! :) they do it with lyft too. It always ends up being a few dollars more. In some cases like airport surge rides i have a noticed at an extra $5 and up tacked on to the fare for no reason. It seems to me that if the ride exceeds the estimate amount than it will charge the passenger the actual amount of miles plus time and it will usually match up to what we should be getting paid. If the ride is actually less than the estimated amount than they charge that amount and keep the difference and not adjusting to ride price to the actual time and miles, not paying out the drivers these extra $$. These are my observations on uber at least since we can see what the passenger actually paid for these rides then we can calucate the difference in what uber is keeping from us. Almost all estimates surge rides have at least $2 or $3 higher than they should be calucated. Both uber and lyft do this the only difference with lyft is we cant see what the passenger pays on our app unless you ask them to see the total. Both companies are keeping the difference of these estimated rides. There is a lawsuit going on right now for uber on this. I would have liked to get in on it but if you didnt opt out of the arbitraion agreement(which i unfortunately didnt even know about at the time) then you probably dont qualify but its worth a shot. Imagine the hundreds of rides or even thousands of rides given that uber has kept just even $1.00 from and most even go to up to $2.00-$3.00 ive seen airport surges go up to $7.00 or more. Imagine how many surge rides given to the airport with those differnces in fares that should have been ours. We should be getting 75% of that. Some people on here seem to be fine with that. I dont think we are stupid people on here but some choose to say thats how it is and not actually carefully examine what they are doing. I still tried get in contact with the law firm that is involved to get in on this but no one contacted me back. https://www.classaction.org/media/dulberg-v-uber.pdf

This isnt new news but in most cases inl try to take longer routes with more miles to recoop the money they are stealin from us.

Both are scammed the pax and driver.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
  3. CJfrom619

CJfrom619 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Uber's a business that can charge a rider whatever they want.

MadTownUberD likes this.
  4. MadTownUberD

MadTownUberD Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I know approximately how much I'll be paid, at base rates, to drive people from various neighborhoods/areas to other neighborhoods/areas in my city. I'm OK with that. It ends up being $5-10/hr (net of expenses) at base rates. I'm OK with that, and I try to drive surge times to get more.

- Short hops around campus and downtown are minimum fare ($3.19).
    - East side of the Capitol to the airport is about $7.
    - Campus to the airport is about $7-9.
    - Airport to the west side is about $15-18.
    - Airport to the far south west corner is about $18-22.
    - and so on.

Given that I know approximately how much I am going to be paid, I'm not sure how I can call it a scam.

CJfrom619 likes this.
  5. CJfrom619

Driving:
    UberX
    Wow $5-10/hr is pretty rough but if your happy with that then that’s all that matter. I’m lucky I live in a good city for ride sharing.

MadTownUberD likes this.
  6. MadTownUberD

Driving:
    UberX
    Remember this is net of estimated expenses. And it's mornings, which are hassle free.

7. CJfrom619

Driving:
    UberX
    No I understand net earnings..I make around $20/hour net on average throughout the week. On the slowest weeks it might be $15/hour and on the busiest weeks I could make $25/hour + but I drive in San Diego and drive mostly nights. I understand every market is different though and it costs a lot more to live out here.

MadTownUberD likes this.
  8. MadTownUberD

Driving:
    UberX
    I netted $25/hr before and after the last Badgers home game last Saturday. It's unusual.

Ya I am familiar with SD because we visit friends in Tierrasanta once a year. Looks like housing is 1.5-2x what it costs where I live, and a little googling revealed that a comparable position to mine would only pay a maximum of 1.25x what I currently make. No thanks! I can't compete with military people who get housing allowances.

9. CJfrom619

Driving:
    UberX
    Gotta pay for that beach and sunshine lol

MadTownUberD likes this.
  10. Crosbyandstarsky

Crosbyandstarsky New Member

Yes they get 45 and up. They said that it just works that way. No one said you have to drive for them

Grow up. They are who they are. They don’t live for you. Are yo7 that special?