1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

I put the blame on state and local governments.

Discussion in 'Complaints' started by gizmotheboss, Dec 6, 2017.

Tags:
  1. gizmotheboss

gizmotheboss Member

The ridesharing companies are partially to blame. Most of the blame I have to complain about is the government’s for allowing such unfair business practices to go unchecked. There must be a lot of payola going to the politicians.

Sueuber, polar2017, MoreTips and 2 others like this.
  2. UberBastid

UberBastid Well-Known Member

OF COURSE there is.
    Otherwise, how could a person elected to a $75k a year job become a millionaire in a few years?
    You can buy a Senator for $100k.
    Are you rich and wanna become richer? Donate $100k to a senate race - you own him.

3. bsliv

bsliv Well-Known Member

I disagree there are unfair business practices. Uber created a demand for cheap transportation. Uber offers terms to contractors to satisfy the demand. Contractors are free to accept the terms or reject the terms. Uber has a good business model.

Regulations cost money to create. Regulations require investigations, enforcement, and prosecutions, all of which cost money. Where will the money come from? Nevada's solution was to tax each driver $200, which goes towards enforcement of existing regulations. Once a tax is imposed, it is seldom repealed. Instead, it is often increased.

Monopolies are very dangerous. Competition creates efficiency. Prior to Uber, Las Vegas had a highly regulated taxi industry. All the taxi companies charged the exact same rate. There was no incentive to compete. After Uber hit the market, the cost of rides tumbled, riders could get rides in minutes, and the coverage area was greatly increased. While local taxi drivers make a bit more than Uber drivers, it isn't much more. Taxi companies were the big winners in the highly regulated industry. Riders were the big losers. Employee taxi drivers were at the mercy of the taxi companies to provide a wage. The wage the taxi companies paid was based on the supply of drivers available vs. the demand for the drivers.

A regulated market has winners chosen by the regulators. A free market has winners chosen by the market. The market may want cheap rates. The market may want fast service. The market may want wide coverage. The market may want flying cars. Competition breeds innovation. A highly regulated market breeds shortages, high prices, inefficiencies, larger governments, higher taxes, stagnation and a mistrust in the regulators.

Regulations prevent me from taking cash rides, prevent me from advertising my business, prevent me from taking street hails, prevent me from starting my own tnc, force me to pay a business entry tax, etc. Removing existing regulations would spur further innovations.

4. Safe_Driver_4_U

Safe_Driver_4_U Well-Known Member

Like all thing the gov't wants to get it's fingers into they allow unregulated growth then after the market is built they step in and take their cut. Give it a little more time we will see regulations and even more pay cuts because we the drivers will be the ones that will pay. As far as regulations that will cause rates to go up and benefit drivers, that will never happen. The Gov't has tunnel vision on the revenue, just like airports, they won't do anything that may cause a reduction in their cut. The only thing that will raise rates for drivers and that is a shortage of drivers or a driver owned TNC.

george manousaridis and bsliv like this.
  5. Merc7186

Merc7186 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    Let's not place blame....want a cookie?

CyLT3CyWEAAHlT6.jpg

6. steveK2016

steveK2016 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    One of the best post ive read on UP.

7. MadTownUberD

MadTownUberD Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Cry me a river. The free market is the reason you have housing, a car, a cell phone, on and on.

george manousaridis and bsliv like this.
  8. Ubering around

Ubering around Well-Known Member

But Uber is not allowing free market to go full mode . They cap the surge around airports and sport events
    I am all for free market
    But Uber plays charities on the expense of us drivers

9. MadTownUberD

Driving:
    UberX
    True, but it is more free market than a taxi.

10. Davestave

Davestave New Member

No uber insulates non like incidents. A person getting off a plane, should not be subject to a surge created by the mavs.i mean airports, obviously should be the last surge place, because every delay results in customers.

george manousaridis likes this.
  11. MadTownUberD

Driving:
    UberX
    george manousaridis likes this.
  12. george manousaridis

george manousaridis Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Nice to meet you my fellow Uber driver,I'm good and actually very well.Thank you for the welcome.I was most impressed with. This thread.Very interesting.Its nice to keep a informed way to what is happening in the US.Intriguing to me.

And you make very valid points as well,quite impressed the way you see it,as I do

MadTownUberD likes this.
  13. gizmotheboss

gizmotheboss Member

Obviously you’re another person that works for the rideshare companies. how much do you and your team get paid to write your crap. All the things you talk about Are mir pennies on the dollar. Then your companies have the gull to gouge us drivers so you can make big time profits so don’t tell me what you think you know about. People like yourself will have bad karma later in your life.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2017 at 11:42 AM
    IronMike60 likes this.
  14. bsliv

bsliv Well-Known Member

Did I hit a nerve? Do you think it is wise to attack the messenger if you don't like the message? I could make personal attacks on you based upon your poor writing skills but I'll refrain, for now. But I will say your education, or lack of it, is showing. What would make you think I'm an Uber employee? Another thread I posted in called me an Uber hater. I am neither. Jumping to unfounded assumptions tends to reveal character (flaws).

Would an Uber employee advise people not to drive for Uber at the current rates?

Large government is not the solution to our problem. It is the problem.

MadTownUberD and steveK2016 like this.
  15. steveK2016

steveK2016 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Logic doesn't take hold with a lot of these drivers. Theres a reason they're stuck doing uber. Insyead ofnchange their situation, they just complain about it.

It was only a matter of time before theyd call on the government to save them. Many even want a union! Lol.

bsliv and MadTownUberD like this.
  16. gizmotheboss

gizmotheboss Member

Go ahead make my day .

You tell them Spock

What a stupid opinion, You don’t know what the hell they’re going to do until it is done.

17. tohunt4me

tohunt4me Well-Known Member

Yes Monopolies are dangerous.
    We need a DOZEN RIDE SHARE COMPANIES !

18. gizmotheboss

gizmotheboss Member

Get the **** out of my Thread

19. tohunt4me

tohunt4me Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

bsliv and MadTownUberD like this.
  20. MadTownUberD