• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

I pulled over just in time

ColumbusRides

I’ve been ubering 5 months or so (785 rides) and I’m still having fun. I generally do campus weekends and I’ve been very fortunate to not have anyone get sick inside my car.

Last night, I picked up this drunk girl. Her girlfriend helps her in the front seat, she didn’t seem that drunk at first but I could tell once we started driving she was hammered. Once we started driving, you could tell she wasn’t gonna make it home without getting sick. I tried avoiding pot holes and I drove slow and close to the side of the shoulder in case I needed to pull over.

Once we got in the highway, she coughed a few times and I told her several times “Please let me know if you need me to pull over” Next thing I saw, she started coughing again, then covered her mouth... I pulled over right away, then she gets sick within seconds on the side of the highway. Thank god, I was close to the shoulder on the highway. I didn’t charge the clean up fee because nothing got in my car.

I guess my point is to drive close to the shoulder and don’t rely on some drunk person say I’m gonna get sick. They generally won’t let you know before hand. This is my 3rd close call.

Happy ubering 😂

Merc7186

I drive the weekend drunk crowd and Highly Recommend buying a small house bucket and keep it lined with plastic grocery bags. It doubles as garbage can plus collects all of the bad decisions people make at 4am (our bars are open that late). I just had my 10th puker last night in the 21 months I have been doing this.

mrpjfresh

Sad that so many people simply cannot ask to pull over or let you know. Costly mistake for so many. That's why you've gotta be proactive with this stuff. As soon as they try to roll down the window or start painful moaning, hiccuping or wet coughing, out comes the barf bag in one quick motion. Or if you are like merc, shove your trusty barf bucket under their chin.

loophole

Buy emesis bags on Amazon, best 7.99 you can spend, let PAX know you have them. Prescreen people before unlocking, unless you enjoy vomit, Uber has been very finnicky with the 150 cleaning fee payout, it must be major to qualify and must be on the inside, outside of car or on the paint is a mere 40 dollars. Threaten Uber customer service reps with detailed quotes from reputable cleaning firms noting the odors and submit it as "proof".

Last edited:

Yooper

Buy emesis bags on Amazon, best 7.99 you can spend, let PAX know you have them. Prescreen people before unlocking, unless you enjoy vomit, Uber has been very finnicky with the 150 cleaning fee payout, it must be major to qualify and must be on the inside, outside of car or on the paint is a mere 40 dollars. Threaten Uber customer service reps with detailed quotes from reputable cleaning firms noting the odors and submit it as "proof".
Yup these are handy and dont get used that often - I bought one pack a year or two ago and it's still with me.