• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

I picked up Santa Clause in SM and he gave me a 1 Star

UberZone

Pax requests pick-up on Wilshire in SM, naturally it's at a red zone plus I have a cop behind me so call him to let him know that I would have to pull over at a meter 30 feet ahead so I don't get a ticket, but he doesn't answer..

Pax gets in the car looking flustered and confused from the get go.. I start trip, default to WAZE and see he's going to 6 mikes away to Culver City.. As I start following the GPS, he asks me where I was going as I was being routed on surface streets away from the freeway which was at a standstill..

Pax, who looks like Santa Clause btw, insisted we take the freeway with firm orders, even though it was at a standstill and the surface street was already a 30 min ride.. Guy starts back seat driving me to the freeway, like he knows his way around the maze of one way streets in SM and ends up taking us to a dead end during rush hour traffic.. I say "now where", we need to go back to where we just came from and tried explaining that the GPS will get us there in the fastest possible way at this time of day and he says that I could just drop him off at the intersection so he could get another car..

Again he asks me to drop him off at the nearest red zone so I ask him to please wait til we were at a legal drop off zone.. he ends up saying here is just fine, gets out of the car at a traffic light in the middle of a busy street and walks away aimlessly..

Of course I immediately 1 star him, knowing damn well he'll be giving me the same review and sure enough 10 min later my rating drop down 2 points!

and then to add salt to the wounds, he didn't even tip me!

Last edited:

mandreyka

Pax are such idiots, a couple weeks ago I get a ping from the Hyatt in Newport.

It's a easy typical hotel valet area but the dumb pax call me to say they walked down to the intersection and were standing on the damn corner waving at me as o drove by them.

I made them walk all the way to me

Shankster

Pax requests pick-up on Wilshire in SM, naturally it's at a red zone plus I have a cop behind me so call him to let him know that I would have to pull over at a meter 30 feet ahead so I don't get a ticket, but he doesn't answer..

Pax gets in the car looking flustered and confused from the get go.. I start trip, default to WAZE and see he's going to 6 mikes away to Culver City.. As I start following the GPS, he asks me where I was going as I was being routed on surface streets away from the freeway which was at a standstill..

Pax, who looks like Santa Clause btw, insisted we take the freeway with firm orders, even though it was at a standstill and the surface street was already a 30 min ride.. Guy starts back seat driving me to the freeway, like he knows his way around the maze of one way streets in SM and ends up taking us to a dead end during rush hour traffic.. I say "now where", we need to go back to where we just came from and tried explaining that the GPS will get us there in the fastest possible way at this time of day and he says that I could just drop him off at the intersection so he could get another car..

Again he asks me to drop him off at the nearest red zone so I ask him to please wait til we were at a legal drop off zone.. he ends up saying here is just fine, gets out of the car at a traffic light in the middle of a busy street and walks away aimlessly..

Of course I immediately 1 star him, knowing damn well he'll be giving me the same review and sure enough 10 min later my rating drop down 2 points!
Ho ho ho!
Santa marches to the beat of his own drum. Haven't you seen Miracle on Thirty-fourth Street? What street were you on when he got out of your car?

UberZone

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ho ho ho!
Santa marches to the beat of his own drum. Haven't you seen Miracle on Thirty-fourth Street? What street were you on when he got out of your car?
I think it was 4th street where it deadends into a turn around, by the metro..

He guided me there like we were about to get on the freeway and I was like.. ok St Nick, where do you want me to drive now.. the whole time thinking about the $6 I was going to make sitting in the car with him for 45 mins on the freeway

Pig Pen

I have a feeling you've been placed on the naughty list.

I think it was 4th street where it deadends into a turn around, by the metro..

He guided me there like we were about to get on the freeway and I was like.. ok St Nick, where do you want me to drive now.. the whole time thinking about the $6 I was going to make sitting in the car with him for 45 mins on the freeway
That's 5th st. Down by the homeless tent where they feed the needy.

UberZone

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Next time don't end the trip. He'll have to cancel to order another ride and you'll avoid the bad rating.
I ended the ride and one stared him quicker than my brain could think, but yes.. it must've been 5th.. the stupid look on his face when he realized his back seat driving was an epic fail in comparison to Waze..

What would the difference be between airplane mode and just driving around til he cancels?

It was surging in SM so I was glad to get Santa out of my car so I could set the DF back home

Just Another Uber Drive

I ended the ride and one stared him quicker than my brain could think, but yes.. it must've been 5th.. the stupid look on his face when he realized his back seat driving was an epic fail in comparison to Waze..

What would the difference be between airplane mode and just driving around til he cancels?

It was surging in SM so I was glad to get Santa out of my car so I could set the DF back home
Airplane mode will prevent additional distance from accumulating on the meter while you're driving away.

mandreyka

1 star is coming so nothing to lose... when a trip goes bad I tell the pax " ok have a nice day, if I see you 1 stared me I will return the favor"

Travis -k

and then to add salt to the wounds, he didn't even tip me!
Notify uber to put hime on the naughty list.