1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

I now have 20 rides under my belt

Discussion in 'Dallas' started by DudeMan40, Sep 6, 2015.

1. DudeMan40

DudeMan40

20 rides down, and the main comment I will make is: I'm glad I didn't have intentions of making a full time living this way.

I had 3-4 decent drives, but I have learned that:

1. People are CHEAP - and I can't capitalize that large enough to emphasize what I mean.
    20 rides and 2 tips totaling $13. The $10 tip was from a guy who drives Uber in Albaquerque
    It's hard for me to believe people will actually get in apologizing for taking your time to drive them
    1/2 mile, and not even say thank you when they leave or throw a couple bucks your way

2. I've seen several posts on "surges" I live on the border of McKinney/Frisco and the surge is highlighted in Frisco quite regularly, and as soon as I am in the area it magically disappears.

3. I dropped a person at DFW this morning, and all of the airport area was totally red, except where my car was at; it actually looked like a small piece had been cut out of the map. :)

I never used Uber before I started driving; I tried a few times but never got anyone in the area.
    I honestly had no idea about the "no tipping", or lack of a tip button on the app.
    I'm guessing Uber survives with the constant churning of new bodies coming on board, but good grief!!!

O-WELL---3 days down and not many good things to say, but I'll keep trying a little longer.

Maxalto likes this.
  2. Maxalto

Maxalto

Driving:
    UberX
    Very observant , you are. Welcome to uber's dark side.

3. docswife

docswife

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    What about yesterday in Frisco for the Ed Sheeran concert? You missed out big if you didn't drive! Also, Mckinney/Frisco does NOT surge often. Not sure why you think that . ..Often is Dallas, University/Highland Park and Lake Highlands.

4. docswife

docswife

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    One more thing you should know about surge, the red disappears from the screen but it's still surging in most cases. Then it will reappear. I've been experiencing this for quite sometime.

Txchick likes this.
  5. Just be glad your not one if the brain deads that drank way too much of the Uber koolaid and ran out and bought or leased a new car expecting to have a full time money making job!!

Txchick likes this.
  6. Maxalto

Maxalto

Driving:
    UberX
    I've noticed when this happens , try logging off and on. If it's a glitch it will fix it.

7. mofucius

mofucius

Got a 4.4x from the Ed Sheeran concert, sadly it was around the corner and by the time I dropped them off the surge was gone and had to trek to Dallas. Thankfully the guarantee covered my losses

8. docswife

docswife

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    It surged in Frisco for well over an hour. I was able to get 4 surge trips in post concert.

nighthawk398 likes this.
  9. Yarddude11

Yarddude11

I got 2.2 and they were so " happy" about it they gave me a bad rating

uberguuber, MonsterGator and docswife like this.
  10. docswife

docswife

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    I just looked, it surged from 10:00-12:30.

11. docswife

docswife

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    How do you know that they rated you low solely due to surge?

12. Realityshark

Realityshark

Thank God. ...A new driver smart enough to see the light right off the bat. Most newbers come on here and ***** about us being negative and brag about how much money they're making driving for less than $1 per mile.

You are welcome to post on this forum anytime.

13. Yarddude11

Yarddude11

My only Uber ride that night and they were complaing about it on the way

14. Well, they are cowgurl fans, what do you expect (Joke)

If your stats stay that way, don't drive any more. And be glad you don't have to do this.

15. Yarddude11

Yarddude11

Dont we all do this to meet all those fabulous and interesting people? Or just stress testing or cars?

nighthawk398 likes this.
  16. DudeMan40

DudeMan40

I did have a couple rides to Ed Sheeran on Saturday, but it wasn't surging for me - and they were both like $10 rides. :)
    BOTH rides had received FREE tickets to the concert and continued their giving ways by "no-tipping" me! Lol
    Which is the best way to approach Toyota when there is an event?
    I went down Frisco Street off El Dorado and got to the parking lots really easy, although I did not go back late to pick anyone up.
    Any tips on pick ups?

I'm now up to 27 rides and a 4.89 rating

Realityshark: I don't think I've drank enough koolaid or sniffed enough of anything else to but a new vehicle to uber in!
    I will say my vehicle is new, AND clean and get several comments on that--but it doesn't lead to tips.

Thanks to everyone for the comments and help