i need your input guys/gals

clearport

So this is the situation. Me and my wife have another car that is a 2013. My 2007 car has been taken out but I still have it. The 2013 is under my wife's insurance and the 2007 is under my insurance.

So today we call her insurance to add me as a second driver. They refused and said since your husband already has insurance he is covered under his own policy.

Would Uber allow me to give them my policy of the 2007 and allow me to drive the 2013 belonging to my wife?

What can be done here.

Slavic Riga

So this is the situation. Me and my wife have another car that is a 2013. My 2007 car has been taken out but I still have it. The 2013 is under my wife's insurance and the 2007 is under my insurance.
So today we call her insurance to add me as a second driver. They refused and said since your husband already has insurance he is covered under his own policy.
Would Uber allow me to give them my policy of the 2007 and allow me to drive the 2013 belonging to my wife?
What can be done here.
If the car is registered under your wife's name you could drive as an occasional driver as per insurance.
If car registered under one name, change registration to include both names & insurance slip/policy would then carry both names.

clearport

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
After we both have our names on the ownership, wouldn't the insurance ask who this other guy is before adding my name on the slip. Because the issue here is that I am with another insurance company.

Last edited:

Salman

Every driver in the household must be listed on the insurance policy. Check on your policy papers you should be listed there.

ap1342

So Watson what's the solution? Pure and simple as Holmes stated; call Intact and switch companies and add yourself to the newer car. Done

Slavic Riga

After we both have our names on the ownership, wouldn't the insurance ask who this other guy is before adding my name on the slip. Because the issue here is that I am with another insurance company.
All are legal terms in Ontario, Canada. Ex, Spouse, Wife, Husband, Live-in, Fiancée. Pick one.
Question answered.