I need to rent a uber black car in New York

Inshur
Status
Not open for further replies.

UberRose

I have been renting an Uber X Car. Now I want to try Uber Black. So I am looking to rent an Uber Black car....preferably a Mercedes S Class or BMW 7 series....as I cannot drive huge vehicles like a Chevy suburban etc....I want a nice sedan. However, I am not able to find any place In New York which rent out uber black cars like Mercedes or BMW. Does anyone know of any place that rents out Mercedes or BMW sedan for Uber Black in New York?

UberRose

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
399/wk and it is a hyundai sonata. I am looking for uber black now.

UberRose

I plan to do all calls.....why? I need to check out how black works!!

tom

those cars are not popular for Black in NY , mostly used by high end fleets.

alextheboss

I plan to do all calls.....why? I need to check out how black works!!
Perhaps the uber marketplace can set you in the right direction. It's smart for you to try it out for yourself rather than 1) go by someone else's experience or 2) [the worst of the 2] buy a black car without trying out that business first

UberRose

Perhaps the uber marketplace can set you in the right direction. It's smart for you to try it out for yourself rather than 1) go by someone else's experience or 2) [the worst of the 2] buy a black car without trying out that business first
Exactly!...That's what I am trying to do....I will first rent them to see if uber black works for me. I actually know a person who went down to uber x from uber black. That's why it is important to try uber black out before going out there and actually buying an uber black car!! Every driver functions differently. ....So, I need to figure out if it is profitable for me.

Slow Joe

I'm a noob so take my advice for what it's worth.

I've heard time and again that the market isn't really there for Uber Black. You'll spend a bunch of money and still be driving hipsters to their favorite craft beer place for $7. People who spend $$$ to be carted around in nice cars mostly still contact actual black car companies.

However, if you want to increase your odds of higher fares (and insist on buying a more expensive car), get an entry-level luxury SUV. Even if it's not one Uber classifies as "UberSUV", they'll still take it for UberXL. I'm strongly considering the Acura MDX so I can get both UberXL and UberBlack hails, and continue to look for a better black car company to drive for than Uber.

My wife owns a small tour company, and she's been asking her drivers for advice for me. They keep saying "get an SUV...you won't limit yourself with passengers!" There's a reason there's so many Escalades/Surburbans/Yukons out there.

UberRose

I'm a noob so take my advice for what it's worth.

I've heard time and again that the market isn't really there for Uber Black. You'll spend a bunch of money and still be driving hipsters to their favorite craft beer place for $7. People who spend $$$ to be carted around in nice cars mostly still contact actual black car companies.

However, if you want to increase your odds of higher fares (and insist on buying a more expensive car), get an entry-level luxury SUV. Even if it's not one Uber classifies as "UberSUV", they'll still take it for UberXL. I'm strongly considering the Acura MDX so I can get both UberXL and UberBlack hails, and continue to look for a better black car company to drive for than Uber.

My wife owns a small tour company, and she's been asking her drivers for advice for me. They keep saying "get an SUV...you won't limit yourself with passengers!" There's a reason there's so many Escalades/Surburbans/Yukons out there.
The problem is the suburban and the suvs are too big for me to drive :frown:...

Slow Joe

The problem is the suburban and the suvs are too big for me to drive :frown:...
I'm driving a Tahoe for my wife on Friday, so I may discover that they're too big for me as well. :-)

I'm not planning to do this more than a year, so I don't want to buy a car I wouldn't want to keep after driving for hire. I would never buy a Escalade without having at least two kids (we have none), but I would consider an MDX. It drives like a car (I hear) yet has third row seating and luxury appointments.

censoredbytheFCC

I have been renting an Uber X Car. Now I want to try Uber Black. So I am looking to rent an Uber Black car....preferably a Mercedes S Class or BMW 7 series....as I cannot drive huge vehicles like a Chevy suburban etc....I want a nice sedan. However, I am not able to find any place In New York which rent out uber black cars like Mercedes or BMW. Does anyone know of any place that rents out Mercedes or BMW sedan for Uber Black in New York?
Contact me , I deal with private brokers. Otherwise you're best off looking on Marketplace, where 50% of those ads become useless in hours becuase the car has been taken already.

UberRose

Contact me , I deal with private brokers. Otherwise you're best off looking on Marketplace, where 50% of those ads become useless in hours becuase the car has been taken already.
Thank you. Yeah I am looking everywhere. ...Do you have a BMW or Mercedes for rent?

marcusguber

Thank you. Yeah I am looking everywhere. ...Do you have a BMW or Mercedes for rent?
I saw a gas station near Uber offices that had some cars that I believe were Uber black. I saw one Benz for sure and I think it was $575 in the window for rent but please dont hold me to it as I wasnt really paying close attention. Im trying to remember which gas station it was but I cant, I do know it was close to Ubers office though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inshur New York