I need advice from experienced Yellow and Green Cab driver

Inshur

William27

I am very new to Green Boro Taxi business and I was looking to see if I could afford one, I came across this post online ""Green Cab for sale with permit, Verifone metered,with plates. Toyota Camry 2012 SE, Leather seats,sun roof, Brand new tires (4) Just passed Inspection, with camera, Nice clean car, Ready to go!! Thank you "" , Price is $15,000, As You can see, according to this posted ads, For $15,000, I could get Green Taxi, with permit plus I will also get the TLC plate. Problem is as far as I understand, You are not allowed to transfer TLC plate but this post says otherwise. Can someone please enlighten me?

Dst Rain

Dude if ur thinking crazy stuffs like buying a green cab with permit plates then change the car to FHV cause green cab plates looks the same as FHV. Ones u buy the other guys permit he returns his plates. And u go to TLC DMV get ur own plates for the green cab with permit in hand. Like the other person said green cab got it much worse. You will be sitting around train station and malls.

Hackenstein

Getting a green cab at this point is suicide, you limit yourself from the biggest hail zones in the city... and are forced to work the less desirable zones, it isn't a good investment and its why the city has lost so many green cabs.

View attachment 347339
Notice how quickly Green Taxis were tossed under the bus for Uber. They sold a fraction of the proposed Medallions.

Bloomberg did an end run around the City Council to create Greens, which were already a shot at crushing Yellows (which were supposed to have exclusive street hail rights in all of NYC), and Uber took notice. Mike and his buddies ran up to Albany and did an end run around the City Council to let Uber in. He was an investor in Lyft from day one. His TLC Comissioner Yassky went straight to Lyft. His policy guy Chhabra who did the most legwork to get Uber in, went straight to Uber.

Dst Rain

Notice how quickly Green Taxis were tossed under the bus for Uber. They sold a fraction of the proposed Medallions.

Bloomberg did an end run around the City Council to create Greens, which were already a shot at crushing Yellows (which were supposed to have exclusive street hail rights in all of NYC), and Uber took notice. Mike and his buddies ran up to Albany and did an end run around the City Council to let Uber in. He was an investor in Lyft from day one. His TLC Comissioner Yassky went straight to Lyft. His policy guy Chhabra who did the most legwork to get Uber in, went straight to Uber.
I remember that shitdude yassky he used to bend over at ALL TAXI MANAGEMENT anual summer BBQ. Dudes master Bloomberg told him go work for Lyft and Lyft hired him as a NYC "consultant" my @$$ Lyft just wanted insiders Info how to break yellow turf. I hate yassky dude implemented lots a rules against yellow during his reign of terror.

William27

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Dont do it, green cab business is sitting at train stations and malls, i know people who got rid of their green cabs permits for 1500.
I heard Green Cab gets UberX Pings just like any other FHV Car
Post automatically merged:

Getting a green cab at this point is suicide, you limit yourself from the biggest hail zones in the city... and are forced to work the less desirable zones, it isn't a good investment and its why the city has lost so many green cabs.

View attachment 347339
As far as I understand, Uber allows Green Boro taxi get UberX Pings, so for $15,000, I could get Taxi with TLC plate and could do both street hail as well as UberX pick up. it seems like a much cheaper option than purchasing a Tesla model 3 or Wheel Chair Accessible Car.

Dude if ur thinking crazy stuffs like buying a green cab with permit plates then change the car to FHV cause green cab plates looks the same as FHV. Ones u buy the other guys permit he returns his plates. And u go to TLC DMV get ur own plates for the green cab with permit in hand. Like the other person said green cab got it much worse. You will be sitting around train station and malls.
sitting around train station and malls? don't they get ping from UberX and can also do street hail. I mean if posted ads is carrect then it seems like i could get green taxi plus TLC plate plus i could do uber for less then $15,000, this seems like a much cheaper option than buying a tesla model 3 which only qualifies for UberX just like green Cab or Wheel Chair accessible Car which cose at lease $20,000 just for the installation.

Last edited:

Uberman8263

Never have so few screwed so many.

BigBadDriver

For the sake of everyone, they need to get rid of UberX and Lyft.
Fixed that for you.

sitting around train station and malls? don't they get ping from UberX and can also do street hail. I mean if posted ads is carrect then it seems like i could get green taxi plus TLC plate plus i could do uber for less then $15,000, this seems like a much cheaper option than buying a tesla model 3 which only qualifies for UberX just like green Cab or Wheel Chair accessible Car which cose at lease $20,000 just for the installation.
This is my thinking as well, but I don't know any Green drivers and don't know the economics of it.

If Green cabs could pickup at the airports it would be a no Brainerd. But they can't.

If you're serious (and it sounds like you are), do your due diligence like you should before embarking on a new business venture.

So easy to do
Rent a green cab for a month (September should be good) and you'll have first hand knowledge of the real economics - not what a neighbors best friend's cousin says.

Then you make your decision.

And if you're worried about losing this $15k deal - don't. Really it should be $10k. The green permit is a couple grand in value and a 2012 Camry Se (non-hybrid) is a 7 year old car that's been beaten in NYC. That car is worth $4k tops

Last edited:

TheTruthHurts

You seriously want to enter a business where your bound to long hours for less than minimum wage pay??? And to top it off you have to pay taxes on your over inflated income which is recorded by Uber dollar for dollar?

Inshur New York