i need a new car. thoughts on tesla?

tee hee

this car is going to be my daily driver to work. andmaybe uber part-time as a black driver.

i really like the idea of no longer being restricted to paying gas. free supercharger for long distance trips and the autopilot for rush hour traffic. ventilated leather seats for hot summer days.

i can double up and do work as wedding driver too and as a funeral driver. my loan is at 1400 a month if i put down 10K which I do have.

Bart McCoy

this car is going to be my daily driver to work. andmaybe uber part-time as a black driver.
Well the current models on the street are over 50,000 and that would be like Ubering in a Mercedes or BMW.

However the new model 3 is only about $35,000, but won't be out until next year, If you have already put down a deposit

If you have a regular full time job go for it. If not.....

tee hee

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well the current models on the street are over 50,000 and that would be like Ubering in a Mercedes or BMW.

However the new model 3 is only about $35,000, but won't be out until next you, If you have already put down a deposit

yea i am torn between the model X, 7 seater suv and the model S. with S, i can do uberx and uberblack. you can bet i wll be ignoring every single X and FOOL ride unless it's 2x. With model x, i can do uberxl also, but i don't know if i want 6 people in my tesla.

The model s has a range of 296 miles, model x - 257 miles. Yea I work full-time. If i buy a bmw or mercdes, i'm looking at $600 car note but I'm paying for premium gas. So probably add another $400 a month for gas.

Bart McCoy

yea i am torn between the model X, 7 seater suv and the model S. with S, i can do uberx and uberblack. you can bet i wll be ignoring every single X and FOOL ride unless it's 2x. With model x, i can do uberxl also, but i don't know if i want 6 people in my tesla.

The model s has a range of 296 miles, model x - 257 miles. Yea I work full-time. If i buy a bmw or mercdes, i'm looking at $600 car note but I'm paying for premium gas. So probably add another $400 a month for gas.
The top of the line X SUV is $140,000

LAuberX

tesla solar option.jpg

Tesla had to discontinue the self deploying solar panels... in a strong wind the car lifted off.

Last edited:

Mountainsoloist

Please don't do it! Save up and buy your Tesla when you can afford it with no payments or Uber driving. That money can get you to financial freedom if you just keep saving.

tohunt4me

However the new model 3 is only about $35,000, but won't be out until next year, If you have already put down a deposit

And then Uber bans Tesla from the platform next year because they are working on competeing self driving cars so that they can all put us out of business.

tee hee

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
who said I would be taking uber X passengers? and who said I don't have the financial freedom already to buy a tesla? 1200 a month is a drop in the bucket for me. That is a fraction of what I make with my internet businesses.

to be uberblack, you have to get "for hire" authority. uberblack is basically a livery company.