I missed a ping !!!!

Nenee

My phone screen was black when heard a ping. I immediately tried to unlock my phone... and then poof!!! it was gone . I tried to look for information about the request so I could further beat myself up and could not find anything documenting a missed ping.

Does anyone know where I can find where this info might be?

If it's not available, does the app keep a count of missed pings and acceptance rate?

Thank u for any guidance u can provide.

Papa Sarducci

Go to bathroom

You will immediately get another ping.
Or get in the drive-thru, never fails for me, could drive around for an hour and get nothing, soon as I decide to eat, bam. Missed pings are just bits in the wind, gone, even if you managed to find it you would only know the pickup point, destination is a complete mystery until you swipe start trip, then it is too late to back out.

tohunt4me

Or get in the drive-thru, never fails for me, could drive around for an hour and get nothing, soon as I decide to eat, bam. Missed pings are just bits in the wind, gone, even if you managed to find it you would only know the pickup point, destination is a complete mystery until you swipe start trip, then it is too late to back out.
I have had days & late nights.
Where it would be an hour or more without a ping.

Go get something to eat and park.

Instant ping.

Uber knows.

tohunt4me

Just read a post from another New Orleans driver. He's working right now.

6 hours he's made $36.00
He posted his earnings display.

Motivates me to drive 50 miles to go get some of that !

Must go wash & vaccum car & get out there !

He is getting 1 1/2 $3.00 rides every hour.

Bet the thugs and car jackers aren't even out tonight

Couple of weeks ago I made $636.00 after Uber cut working 50 hours.

I get Uber congratulations for being in top 5% of earners.(77 trips)

Wooo hooooo

tohunt4me

Life Changing money right there, go get your piece of the pie.
Burger King pays $8.00 and all the whoppers I can sneak into bathroom with.

Night stocker at Lowe's pays $12.00

I used to make $24.00 hr. Plus cash tax free per diem.
Uber is not cutting it.

Another Uber Driver

Uber keeps a record of your acceptance rate and cancellation rate.

Uber will not de-activate due to a low acceptance rate. It will send you nastygrams, but it will not de-activate you.
Uber will de-activate for a high driver cancellation rate. Even if the driver cancels for a legitimate reason, such as "Rider no-show", "Rider not at address shown" or similar, it still counts against him.
Passenger cancellations do not appear to count against you, but, some drivers have asserted that they do. It does not appear to be the case in this market, at least.

Papa Sarducci

Don't worry about missing pings, I miss about 90% of them on purpose. When I see a surge and head for it as they want us to, get miles from the area and then get a ping 15 minutes away from that area, it gets ignored. Often the same ride will ping me 3 or 4 times, then I go to the penalty box. Uber will need to change how this works, I can't see how they can let this continue without negatively impacting customer satisfaction. Expect them to come up with some assinine solution in the near future like forced acceptance or some other bullshit.

I fear that most of the 'good' drivers have tired of the crap and moved on. I hear horror stories from pax all the time about how bad some drivers are. Uber is a driver mill, they grind through them like a wood chipper, won't be long before all that is left are foreigners and former cab drivers. Uber is truly in a world of shit.

Last edited:

Nenee

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
L
Burger King pays $8.00 and all the whoppers I can sneak into bathroom with.

Night stocker at Lowe's pays $12.00

I used to make $24.00 hr. Plus cash tax free per diem.
Uber is not cutting it.
LMAO eat all the Whippers u can eat!!

Dback2004

Go to bathroom. You will immediately get another ping.
It's eerie how often this happens.

Uber keeps a record of your acceptance rate and cancellation rate.
Even if the driver cancels for a legitimate reason, such as "Rider no-show", "Rider not at address shown" or similar, it still counts against him.
TRUTH! It's absolute BS, in Uber's eyes you should wait an infinite amount of time, or travel miles of your way to pick up a pax who couldn't bother to place a pin correctly.
Passenger cancellations do not appear to count against you, but, some drivers have asserted that they do. It does not appear to be the case in this market, at least.
I think this was a problem in the past which has been fixed, I haven't seen this be an issue recently.

Often the same ride will ping me 3 or 4 times, then I go to the penalty box.
This drives me bananas, if I decline a ping because I'm not driving half an hour away for a minimum fare, don't send me the same ping again 4 minutes later then penalize me for declining the same ping again. If only the Fifth Amendment applied to Uber...

I fear that most of the 'good' drivers have tired of the crap and moved on. I hear horror stories from pax all the time about how bad some drivers are. Uber is a driver mill, they grind through them like a wood chipper, won't be long before all that is left are foreigners and former cab drivers. Uber is truly in a world of shit.
This is absolutely what's happening.

Nenee

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I was told by anothe Uber driver to always accept the ping. Then cancel it, the system provides u with a list of options for cancelling. His advice to me was 'always blame it on the customer'. Now, I'm not advocating for that, merely recapping what I was told he does.

Dback2004

It used to be you were penalized for both acceptance and cancelation rates so you tried to balance. With all the recent lawsuits theyre not supposed to penalize for acceptance anymore, just cancelation (although they still send "warning" emails and texts for acceptance rates.

Another Uber Driver

I was told by anothe Uber driver to always accept the ping. Then cancel it, the system provides u with a list of options for cancelling. His advice to me was 'always blame it on the customer'.
I told you no such thing. For one, as one who through tireless labour and unstinting effort has achieved the Rank of Inspector in the Grammar Police, I would never split an infinitive. Had I said such a thing, and, I did not, I would have told you always to accept the ping. In fact, I advocate nothing of the kind. If you do not want to go get the trip, let the ping expire.

A preposition is something that you do not end a sentence with.