I miss the old days

itsablackmarket

I edited out some of data due to sheer paranoia. Anyway, $136 in 3 hours. No surges. All UberX @ 1.48/mile rate (plus slightly higher base fare $1.90 instead of $1.00 and time charge $0.19 instead of $0.15, which actually adds around $10 to the total)
OLDDAYS.png

Fuzzyelvis

Today with the same trips, I'd make roughly $94. That's a 31% lower amount, $42 less. What can I do with $42? Full tank of gas for starts, with $10~ left over.
Yeah but also you get less fares now because there are too many drivers. Plus I think there are now more short trips. So it's actually a lot worse than JUST the price cut.

I have nuts

Yeah but also you get less fares now because there are too many drivers. Plus I think there are now more short trips. So it's actually a lot worse than JUST the price cut.
Yep. Too many drivers , the surge is pretty much non existent now, and you pretty much have to drive full time to have any chance at trying to hit the guarantee. Uber sucks now.

itsablackmarket

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Definitely yea there are more short trips. I noticed that when UberBlack was introduced into the Houston market, a lot of the long trips were replaced with short ones, hence the username. However I think you could still have a morning like the statement I posted. It would be much more difficult now though. You'd need to be lucky, and then even if you were that lucky, we're making a huge % less than before because of these stupid rates.

Just one more trip

I think the rate changes Uber forced on drivers is unconscionable. Instead of being loved, Travis will always have to glance over his shoulder and wonder if the shadows in dark places are just his imagination.......... Nah! He's probably too busy being narcissistic to notice.