I might be joining the XL/Plus rank, what should I get?

ACHUMA

Well my UberX mobile is just about out of service at 208,000 miles with a new problem affecting the electrical but it isnt the battery or charging system. Not sure I want to sink another $700-$1000 into this thing so I might be possibly getting a loan to purchase a 7 seater so I can run 4 platforms instead of 2. Its not for sure yet but I am going to be talking to someone about it soon.

Should I go with a mini-van or a midsize SUV? I know I have a lot of research to do regarding price, year, model, MPG, etc.

Jdemonto

Well my UberX mobile is just about out of service at 208,000 miles with a new problem affecting the electrical but it isnt the battery or charging system. Not sure I want to sink another $700-$1000 into this thing so I might be possibly getting a loan to purchase a 7 seater so I can run 4 platforms instead of 2. Its not for sure yet but I am going to be talking to someone about it soon.

Should I go with a mini-van or a midsize SUV? I know I have a lot of research to do regarding price, year, model, MPG, etc.

I have a 2014 Dodge Grand Caravan sxt
Sxt=power doors!
Seats 6 pax
Room for lots of luggage

I paid $18k

hijinxu biught a 2008 base with high mileage for $4200, probably can't finance that one tho!

Reliability is decent so far:

Lost 1 driver window regulator
Alternator
Battery
100k of driving

Just replaced front brakes 104k still had 3mm left! Rears will be done Tuesday. Going to need shocks next.

TakinItUpWithUber

I'd take a serious look at the redesigned Chrysler Pacifica. It's won all sorts of accolades. Used ones now are finally making it on to the market. Dodge Caravans though are proven work horses. Either way Bill Luke Dodge Chrysler on Camelback hands down offer the best prices on used Caravans and Pacifica's and they get first bids at the auction on low millage returns from car rental company's.

CarterPeerless

Minivans are better. Three row SUV's are good, but if you have 6 and luggage, some bags are on laps.

I was looking for a Ford Flex, but compared to a minivan they are more expensive, harder to find, and less capable.

Yeah sometimes I wish we'd kept our 11 GMC Acadia we traded off last fall, seated 7 total. Not sure how good a vehicle it would be in the EV daytime hours though. Really didn't need the AWD anymore though.

CarterPeerless

Yeah sometimes I wish we'd kept our 11 GMC Acadia we traded off last fall, seated 7 total. Not sure how good a vehicle it would be in the EV daytime hours though. Really didn't need the AWD anymore though.

XL happens in the day, but not as much. A high percentage of the daytime XL I've had has been groups of 3-4 business people, or airport runs. Tourist season will probably help that some.

Newtimer

2013 Dodge Journey with the 3.6 liter. great gas mileage on the highway, 26-29. Honestly, its tight when fully loaded with adults, but it puts you on the platform. I only come across fully loaded rides ocassionally

Jdemonto

2013 Dodge Journey with the 3.6 liter. great gas mileage on the highway, 26-29. Honestly, its tight when fully loaded with adults, but it puts you on the platform. I only come across fully loaded rides ocassionally

In season I would expect a lot of cancelations. It's a great priced vehicle to get on the platform.

Newtimer

I get a ton of rides with six people golf clubs or luggage
I guess ive been lucky. Maybe I might see more of that as I drive a little more. I was considering giving the wife her Journey back and getting a used caravan. Even if i quit rideshare tomorrow, i could use the extra room with my 4 dogs and travelling I like to do

Jdemonto

I guess ive been lucky. Maybe I might see more of that as I drive a little more. I was considering giving the wife her Journey back and getting a used caravan. Even if i quit rideshare tomorrow, i could use the extra room with my 4 dogs and travelling I like to do

I still think the journey is a great bang for the buck!

CarterPeerless

I get a ton of rides with six people golf clubs or luggage

If I were to guess, I'd say I run less than 10% with 6 plus luggage. At least half are less than full rides. Remainder are 5's and 6's with no luggage.

Had a guy this morning was a single with a carry on from the Sheraton to the airport. I'm sure that focusing on the resorts would change the mix.

AzAppDriver

I don't have a big family, but got a used Sienna since I could use the extra room for trips with my daughter and my 2 labs.
Pax always compliment on how roomy and comfortable it is.