• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

I met the stupidest uber driver last night.

Dave Bust

I am waiting at Applebees picking up some food for my kids. This woman doing uber eats comes in for a pickup and the order is not ready.

I will usually talk to other uber drivers when I see them, so we start chatting

I open the driver app and I see the next town over,,about 6 minutes away, is surging 2.2x because of a sporting event.

I show her the app and say, you should get over to this event it is surging 2.2 times.

She said,,NO WAY I'm not going over to that red area,,that means danger!

I said,,,what do you mean,,,she said,,,when areas turn red on the uber app,,,that means it is dangerous for uber drivers to go to.

I grabbed my food, wished her good luck and left.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jufkii

I am waiting at Applebees picking up some food for my kids. This woman doing uber eats comes in for a pickup and the order is not ready.

I open the driver app and I see the next town over,,about 6 minutes away, is surging 2.2x because of a sporting event.

I show her the app and say, you should get over to this event it is surging 2.2 times.

I said,,,what do you mean,,,she said,,,when areas turn red on the uber app,,,that means it is dangerous for uber drivers to go to.

Had one as a rider recently She never kept track of her miles or wrote them off on her taxes
Her tax preparer told he she should for obvious reasons. She decided not to anyway. Too much hassle and she ain't no good with numbers no how was her reason

BigRedDriver

How much you want to bet another Uber driver told her that to keep the surge going?

Or she think red is..............

RUSSIA

OldBay

She was @@@@ing with you because she didn't want to talk shop.

Basically, you started a conversation telling her that she was doing something wrong. "Should" is a word most people dont respond to.

Meanwhile, she was killing it with Eats because all the ants were in the red.

Amos69

Flat rate surge has made many drivers stop working events. The traffic and hassle for $2.50 is just not worth it. Chasing surge never really was worth it. Being present in surge used to be worth it. Changing course and dropping her pick up to drive 15 minutes might have resulted in a late short run in traffic to where the Passenger was parked 1 mile away for $1.50 FR surge and Min fare.

Can't say I blame her. She should have been aware of the event and been there for beginning surge and early traffic.

Asificarewhatyoudontthink

Higher density of traffic.
Often times drunken asshat riders.
Drunk people walking out into traffic without any warning (literally giving you inches to stop, not possible).
Excessively aggressive passengers taking their anger/drunkenness out on you for having had to wait 30-45 minutes for you to inch through traffic to their pickup location...

The fact that you couldn't come up with any reasons she felt that way and just assumed it meant she thought it was a red for warning thing is just awful.
I mean, sure, she could just be that stupid but those are all the reasons I, personally, refuse to drive events or bar let out.

Chorch

Rather than coding a new rideshare app, maybe newbies should focus on coding a sarcasm font, er, emoticon, or smiley or whatever :cools:

Yes, it's a joke.
Has nothing to do with newbies.
I am latin american, and sarcasm is my language. It’s just that I found out that americans aren’t as big in sarcasm as latin americans, so I didn’t know if you were a classic american or one of my kind 😂

Lolololol

kevin92009

😂

ZenUber

Has nothing to do with newbies.
I am latin american, and sarcasm is my language. It’s just that I found out that americans aren’t as big in sarcasm as latin americans, so I didn’t know if you were a classic american or one of my kind 😂
I love sarcasm. What is this superior Latin sarcasm you speak of? What makes it better? I’m always looking for a higher level of sarcasm. Can you teach it to me?