I MAY have had COVID-19 back in February

MissAnne

Well-Known Member
So I woke up on Saturday morning and could barely breathe, went to the ER they sent me out to the COVID-19 testing tent, they tested me and found I was negative for the actual virus, but positive for the virus antibodies.

I was extremely ill back in mid February, to the point where I couldn’t even get out of bed for four days, the nurse who gave me my results thinks I may have had it back in February and just got over it.

I now have the antibodies and am about 80% immune but could still get it again so I am still practicing social distancing and washing my hands a lot. I did however go back to working in my office, thank god, hubby and I were at each others throats.
 

DriverMark

Well-Known Member
Herd immunity! Best way for us to get past this thing. If you had it glad you came out ok.

Had a long time co-worker went on cruise in Feb. Her and husband were sick for 2 weeks after and they think they probably had COVID. She got an email like 2 weeks ago from the cruise line that there were other passengers that have or had it.
 

MissAnne

Well-Known Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #3
Herd immunity! Best way for us to get past this thing. If you had it glad you came out ok.

Had a long time co-worker went on cruise in Feb. Her and husband were sick for 2 weeks after and they think they probably had COVID. She got an email like 2 weeks ago from the cruise line that there were other passengers that have or had it.
I am pretty sure that I got it the last weekend of Sundance taking all those people to the airport.
 

losiglow

Well-Known Member
That's kind of scary but a good thing in a way. We need to get some resistance to the virus in the general population.

I believe I also had it. Back in January I had a coworker who took a business trip to China - only about 50 miles from Wuhan! He came back and started to have flu like symptoms. He took a couple days off and came back fine after that. But then about 10 people in the office got sick over a period of about a month. Most were pretty mild. Some took some time off. I took a Friday off because I had a lot of PTO and figured I'd get people sick if I was at work. By Sunday I was fine. Bad thing is, I still went driving Saturday night. I probably shouldn't have done that....

The symptoms were just like COVID - coughing, soreness, etc. I didn't have any shortness of breath but some say they did. We're all pretty well convinced we had it. Once the antibody test is available I'm going to get tested to see if I had it.
 

MissAnne

Well-Known Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #7
Happy you're doing well now. Curious where the 80% immune data comes from? First time I've read of anyone putting a real number to it.
The doctor told me that there was a 20% chance that I get it again so 80% immunity. I still have a lingering cough but other than that I feel great, I even lost 15 pounds during that time that I was sick
 
Top