I made a pax cry last night

Inshur

marcusguber

So I get this young woman about 25ish very nice and like every pax I make some conversation and after a bit she proceeds to tell me she lost her job today and she gets very down as she says it and started to beat herself up a it. Im a sucker for a sob story and hate to see anyone suffering so I decided to help her out with some of my own life experience.

I stopped her from blaming herself and told her about a recent experience where my wife and I had a similar situation and went 9 months with her unemployed and us without health insurance and constantly worrying about rent, food, etc. I wont lie that was probably the darkest time of our lives and near the end I was literally ready to end it all and when I was literally that the end of the road, BOOM! my wife landed a job that is incredible, and that led us to Europe on an amazing vacation paid for mostly by her job, our 1st real one in 14 years. All this with the moral of the story being no matter how dark it gets and how sh*tty you think it is, its never as bad as you think.

She started crying and was like youre the most amazing Uber driver ever, you cant imagine how much I needed to hear what you just said, etc, etc. It was nice after what was a difficult night with traffic and a-holes everywhere. No tip but I didnt expect one since she lost her job.

marcusguber

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Unemployment is Lucrative if you can get it.
Not in NYC, its terrible and only 450 a week in a city where that barely covers rent after 4 weeks. You get enough to starve to death rather quickly which is nice, no need to drag it out. :wink:

censoredbytheFCC

So I get this young woman about 25ish very nice and like every pax I make some conversation and after a bit she proceeds to tell me she lost her job today and she gets very down as she says it and started to beat herself up a it. Im a sucker for a sob story and hate to see anyone suffering so I decided to help her out with some of my own life experience.

I stopped her from blaming herself and told her about a recent experience where my wife and I had a similar situation and went 9 months with her unemployed and us without health insurance and constantly worrying about rent, food, etc. I wont lie that was probably the darkest time of our lives and near the end I was literally ready to end it all and when I was literally that the end of the road, BOOM! my wife landed a job that is incredible, and that led us to Europe on an amazing vacation paid for mostly by her job, our 1st real one in 14 years. All this with the moral of the story being no matter how dark it gets and how sh*tty you think it is, its never as bad as you think.

She started crying and was like youre the most amazing Uber driver ever, you cant imagine how much I needed to hear what you just said, etc, etc. It was nice after what was a difficult night with traffic and a-holes everywhere. No tip but I didnt expect one since she lost her job.
You made it seem like you insulted or said something offensive to the pax and she started crying LOL. Sooner or later, she would have started breaking down, that is not good news to handle.

Crying pax is never an easy situation to handle so kudos

HerbyHerb

I guess it's something to get off your mind from those low rates

marcusguber

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You made it seem like you insulted or said something offensive to the pax and she started crying LOL. Sooner or later, she would have started breaking down, that is not good news to handle.

Crying pax is never an easy situation to handle so kudos
She just needed to hear that it would be OK from someone not her mom. And my story was kind of heavy, 2015 was a bad year and then turned around to a not so bad ending.

MoneyUber4

Wow! At least you did not dragged the pax like this other guy.

http://nypost.com/2016/10/06/uber-blocked-nypd-probe-after-irate-driver-attacked-woman-suit/

Uber Driver 007

Honestly it sounds like the fare was started, in which case she would've gotten an email receipt with all the info she needed. The detectives, her lawyer, everyone involved seems like a dummy if no one could figure out how to get the info to identify the driver more efficiently.

MoneyUber4

Honestly it sounds like the fare was started, in which case she would've gotten an email receipt with all the info she needed. The detectives, her lawyer, everyone involved seems like a dummy if no one could figure out how to get the info to identify the driver more efficiently.
Yes, but the driver took pax's phone. They did not have it. The driver basically stole her phone.

Inshur New York