1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

I made 7 Prime Now deliveries, $3.50 tip

Discussion in 'Flex' started by Behemoth, May 18, 2017.

1. Behemoth

Behemoth Active Member

It was 2 hour block. 2 of 7 were fresh, so no tip. But now I'm trying to explain this to myself. Are people become so cheap, that they won't tip anymore or Amazon is stealing our tips? This is regarding Goose Island warehouse. I just can't believe.

grams777 likes this.
  2. DeanH

DeanH New Member

I had a 6 hours block last Thursday, made 12 delivery,got paid $112, so $4 in tips, don't know what's going on

I guess restaurant blocks are better if u like tips.

same warehouse as u

grams777 likes this.
  3. Behemoth

Behemoth Active Member

If that's true that Amazon is cheating on tips then HW are the only ones to make a sense. Little work work minimum $$$. What a shame, Amazon.

grams777 likes this.
  4. MattDrives

MattDrives New Member

5. jester121

jester121 Well-Known Member

I maintain that people are now accustomed to getting their crap in a couple hours, so since the novelty has worn off they aren't tipping any more -- if you think about it, what's the point? No one tips the UPS for Fedex guy or anyone else who drops off non-food stuff at your house. After tipping once or twice most people probably say "what for?" and just stop. There won't be any shame because chances are they'll not see the same driver every week or anything like that.

(I know, "no one" is an exaggeration but you get the point).

6. Dontmakemepullauonyou

Dontmakemepullauonyou Well-Known Member

If you want tips, only 3 jobs left that still tip well, bartender, waiter, or pizza delivery.

NBR likes this.
  7. jester121

You forgot #1 -

Strippers.

8. Dontmakemepullauonyou

Dontmakemepullauonyou Well-Known Member

Oh yeah I was thinking from a males perspective, knowing damn well 99% of uber drivers look like crap they ain't stripping for women lol

Shangsta, Flex89 and jester121 like this.
  9. aJoe

aJoe Well-Known Member

You expect to be tipped to deliver a package for Amazon? Do you tip your UPS driver and your mailman every time they deliver a package?

Prius13 likes this.
  10. UberPasco

UberPasco Well-Known Member

I would if they delivered 2 hrs after I placed an order. And my mailman gets a very generous Christmas gift.

11. aJoe

aJoe Well-Known Member

Then you can ask the customer for a Christmas gift after you deliver to them 5 days a week for 52 weeks a year.

12. Behemoth

Behemoth Active Member

I don't expect tips. I'm comparing last delivery to what it used to be few months ago. I wouldn't expect tips at all if they could use me their car and gas.

The problem is, like mentioned in other thread, that Amazon may use our tips towards the pay. But nobody proved that yet.

grams777 likes this.
  13. Basmati

Basmati Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberLUX
    In Miami they were obviously adjusting our pay depending on the tips we received. Lots of drivers complained and they eased up on it a lot about a month ago. Tips here have been okay since, however I am positive they are still skimming some.
    On Mother's Day I had a restaurant shift in the morning, and I only had one delivery for that block. The one delivery I did was to a former Flex driver, known on these forums as Limepro.
    I was shocked the next day when I saw only a $36 pay for that 2 hour shift. I sent Limepro a message asking him if had indeed tipped on his order, and he confirmed that he had and showed a screenshot with the $2 tip included. I never received that $2 from Amazon.

Shangsta, Prius13, grams777 and 2 others like this.
  14. jester121

You act like you're performing some amazing feat making this delivery? All you're doing is driving from the warehouse to the person's house and handing them a box. It's actually Amazon's logistics people that deserve the tip, since they're the ones making sure the right products are available at the right depot at the right time. Deliver my pizza while it's still piping hot? Sure, you get a real nice tip. But if my Amazon membership covers getting boxes delivered to my house super fast, why should the driver get tipped on top of that?

When it comes down to it, the only difference between Prime and Logistics is the amount of exercise you get. Most of it's sitting in the car or waiting at the warehouse. I swear some of these Prime guys think they're parachuting into Normandy or rescuing hostages or something.

Prius13 likes this.
  15. UberPasco

UberPasco Well-Known Member

LOL. Prime is like a high-end flea market. They have what they have when they have it. The customer is the one who decides that they must have whatever in an hr or two.
    You paid they pizza place to deliver you a pizza, then you tip the driver because it's hot? Then why not a Prime driver who just delivered you 3 pints of Ben & Jerry's that is still frozen??

Shangsta, MattDrives and Behemoth like this.
  16. Solo1

Solo1 Active Member

I don't mind tipping unskilled labor ... Mcdonald's, $tarbucks, Store clerks, etc. What I would like to see is a Star based gratuity system ... The delivery driver would get reviewed for a good delivery (5 Stars) then based on the amount of deliveries, and stars, That driver would have more reserved offers each week ... IMHO

17. Behemoth

Behemoth Active Member

It won't happen. They prefer to have over saturated market with drivers. Eventually, they will deactivate those with bad ratings.
    Speaking about gratuity, I'll take the cash tips (happened twice for Fresh deliveries).

18. soupergloo

soupergloo Well-Known Member

I made 9 Prime Now deliveries on Wednesday and only made $18 in tips. I've done the same amount of deliveries and made over $50 in tips before.

It's totally random.

kmatt likes this.
  19. Solo1

Solo1 Active Member

Lol

Shangsta, grams777 and kmatt like this.
  20. Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    You'd be singing a different tune if your pay fell by 30-40% or more overnight with no explanation. And now Prime Now people are pissed that they make the same you.
    Jester is the same dude who goes to a restaurant and asks for a a glass of iced water and a bowl of lemons to make his own lemonade because he's too cheap to pay $2 for a soda.

aJoe and kmatt like this.