• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

i know you guys don't like this kind of questions but can you guys help me to figure out ?

Sarun

is bill of sales and temporary registration is good to pick up the plate from DMV? i heard somewhere in some cases they ask for title ?

Dumdum pool

That’s a good question. I’m sure this weekend a lot of people went out and purchase a car and now they are wondering the same thing . Unfortunately I don’t know the answer but I’m sure someone here have that answer .

Jim1985

is bill of sales and temporary registration is good to pick up the plate from DMV? i heard somewhere in some cases they ask for title ?
You need the registration from my understanding. Temp wont do it unless its a new car never registered before. But ive heard of people having problems even with a new car and having to wait 5 weeks for the registration. You could have asked the dealership to expedite it but still your chances are slim. See why i said its a bad idea to buy a car and try to register for the deadline?

Mr. Affinito

Hey, don't listen to these guys. I purchased a new car last year and I didn't need the title to get started. Plus, if you registered the car through the dealership and got a temp registration, just take all your paperwork down to DMV and they will give you a PERMANENT sticker immediately. They just print it out at their desks. Now, the regular procedure is to pay $3 for a replacement and wait 10 days for the mail, but be nice and tell them that it's urgent (use this story: "I'm leaving NYS now to visit my old grandmother and I won't be back by the time this temp expires. Please help me." ) ...or you could just use the Uber deadline angle.... it'll work. Just be nice and convincing and don't talk like they owe it to you. They are civil servants and UNFRIENDLY, in general.

Fluid2

Most likely you would need a title with your name on it. It takes 3-4 weeks for DMV to process it
I went there without a title. Just tell them the title in under your name. Not to long ago a bought a car and I went through the process of transferring TLC plate from one car to another.

ffran347

Just go to the DMV and find out yourself. Every case is different. When i registered my car from CT to NY i had to get Toyota to send a copy of the title and a letter letting me register the car in NY when i got my T plates i did not need it since it was already on file then again when i switch back to reg plates i did not need it either. Assuming this is a new car being register in NY for the first time i say you will need the title, i can be wrong like i said every case is different. Just go to the DMV and ask. Ya are really hyped, hope you dont regret it in the future.

FuberNYC

They don't care about bill of sale + temp registration...but then again, they are also running out of time to 'milk' us, so they may accept it tomorrow

Sarun

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thank you so much for your suggestion guy, I'll go to the DMV Monday and find out

Sarun

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
We dont &%$@!* with newbies :mad:
I'm not newbie I'm driving since 2015
Until now I'm driving with my cousin's car because he doesn't use his car
Someone who doesn't singup in this page
That doesn't always means he/she is newbie

Last edited:

Mr. Affinito

Sarun - These guys are sometimes very bitter. I'm wishing you the best with everything! It must be exciting to register your own car and get started on your way! I was hoping that the letter would tell you what to take to the DMV because those people can be so weird. The person at the door tells you one thing. The person at the express window says another thing. By the time you get to a regular DMV desk, they claim you need more documentation. Then they're not sure, so they call the supervisor and he says: "No, this is fine." They barely know.... and don't let me get started on the DMV people on the phone (when you call the call center... they never get it right!!!)