I kinda get joy

Austin

Out of pissing pax off that I don't pick up due to incorrect pin locations. I drive very sparingly for Uber these days but when I do, I don't take the crap from pax I use to. Before if they weren't at the pin I'd kindly find them and get them, but not anymore, I get to the pin and park. One guy called me to ask where I was because the app told him I had arrived. I told him I was at the location where he dropped the pin and he said "well, I'm at ....." I said "sorry buddy, cancel and get a driver that's closer." He told me to F off and I said F you to, pal. He hung up and I got a pretty good chuckle out of it.

Other instances, I've just told them they can cancel or walk to me. Overall though, it's better to just not drive for Uber, those were about 2 months ago and I haven't driven since.

Please feel free to tell your gratifying stories of pissing pax off :smiles:

SEAL Team 5

I don't take the crap from pax I use to. He told me to F off and I said F you to, pal. :smiles:
Love it!!!! These dumb, rude, drunk, obnoxious bastards think that drivers are their slaves. Next time play a little trick on them and say you see them but they have to walk to you. Make them walk around in circles.

Dback2004

I kinda get joy out of pissing pax off that I don't pick up due to incorrect pin locations.
I don't drive around for pickups on wrong pins either, unless it's a really good surge... or extremely dead and they're within a block or two and seems to be a genuine mistake (they're not plastered drunk or just being stupid). I get to pickup and wait. I text at the 3-1/2 minute mark with my location. As soon as they start the "well i'm actually at xyz" crap we're coming up on 5 minutes and they get cancelled-no show. Uber Support f'd me over on some cancellation fees for wrong pin drops because I didn't wait 5 minutes (which BS - on a wrong pin I should be able to cancel immediately - maybe they've fixed that but I don't risk it anymore).

Please feel free to tell your gratifying stories of pissing pax off :smiles:
My favorite is the 2am bar close pax during a 5x surge that wants me to wait in line at Taco Bell for 45 minutes. The "hell no" response usually pisses them off especially if they're being difficult about inputting a destination.

I've also been known to go offline at 1:50am and sit outside a bar with my doors locked and wait for the surge multiplier to steadily increase from 1.5x to 4x or greater. The drunks come out, and try to get in as if they can street hail me, but doors are locked, and get pissed when they try to request a ride but don't get me. Then about 1:58 or 1:59am we hit the highest surge of the night, I go back online, and PING get my next ride where I pick them up a block away....

negeorgia

4 people climb in the back seat, 1 in front of my UberX. I calmly state I can wait all night, I got no where I got to be. You would think I shot their puppy the way they look getting out of my car.