1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

I just want to spread some kindness.

Discussion in 'Advocacy' started by fuberitall, Dec 8, 2016.

1. fuberitall

fuberitall Member

My wife and I have a t-shirt design side project that raises funds for pug rescues and we've been doing really well with it. (We're both freelance graphic designers) I was thinking.. maybe we should start a t-shirt campaign to do something nice for Uber drivers this Christmas. We'd call it Random Acts of Uber Kindness.

We want to do a t-shirt campaign, sell a bunch of Fuber-centric shirts at $15, and a dollar from every shirt will go towards a $500 tip for one Uber driver at random. We would film it, get it all over social media and try to gain some attention. I think there is some virality to the idea and the message we want to get across is.. Uber doesn't give a ****, but we're going to try do some good within the driver community.

While we're not going to be changing Uber, it might brighten up an Uber driver's month. What do you guys think?

SibeRescueBrian and Nadia Leong like this.
  2. ChortlingCrison

ChortlingCrison Well-Known Member

Excellent !!!

Nadia Leong likes this.
  3. fuberitall

fuberitall Member

We're really hoping that with that very first campaign, if we manage to get enough views, it's going to give us a platform to really highlight the plight of Uber drivers. People who aren't drivers seriously will NEVER understand. Strikes and unions will always just come off as noise. Most people think that Uber drivers have it easy and make a **** ton of money, and they will keep signing up to drive for Uber if they don't know what's up.

Nadia Leong likes this.
  4. phillipzx3

phillipzx3 Well-Known Member

Well...Uber says you can make $90,000 a year. ;-) Pretty tough to accomplish when they flood the streets with fellow "partners."

The reason Uber drivers have it "tough" is because "you" (Uber drivers collectively) refused to follow what the taxi industry learned a century ago. Too many cars means a tough row ahead.

UberBy11, Milito and ChortlingCrison like this.