• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

I just signed with Uber. Newbie!

Agentdi

Hi all, I was reading this forum for quite a while and decided to sign up to try Uber part time. I do have a full time job and pay is ok 70+k But recently started having financial difficulties. Also, want to save some extra money. So I need something on the side to support the family. I live in Thornhill and work Mississauga. My work allows me to have flexible hours. I think uber is a perfect option for temporary side income.

Have few questions: any information is much appreciated.

1. Is it an option for the preferred destination of the rides? Let’s say if need to go west end in the morning.

2. How it works with business buildings if it has pay entrance? Let’s say if you some will request a ride from inside pay zone

3. When do you know the pax destination? After accepting the ride?

4. How it works the Waze navigation, do you switch back and forth Waze/ Uber app?

5. Any other helpful advise for newbie?

Much appreciate any information/tips

#professoruber

Hi all, I was reading this forum for quite a while and decided to sign up to try Uber part time. I do have a full time job and pay is ok 70+k But recently started having financial difficulties. Also, want to save some extra money. So I need something on the side to support the family. I live in Thornhill and work Mississauga. My work allows me to have flexible hours. I think uber is a perfect option for temporary side income.

1. Is it an option for the preferred destination of the rides? Let’s say if need to go west end in the morning.

2. How it works with business buildings if it has pay entrance? Let’s say if you some will request a ride from inside pay zone

4. How it works the Waze navigation, do you switch back and forth Waze/ Uber app?

1. Yes
2. Don't pay anything hoping the rider or Uber will repay you
3. After starting trip
4. Yes
5. Get out and drive with the rest of the ants. You have officially entered stage 1 of Ubering. The honeymoon stage. Ubering is like a bad relationship. Trust me, you're in for the ride of your life.

Speedy_Gonzales

Welcome, I’m always excited knowing there are new drivers.

1.) yes

2.) take the ticket, most buildings don’t charge for 5 minutes, use same ticket to exit

3.) after accepting

4.) yes

5.) no

dmoney155

1. Yes, set destination in app, can use 2 a day.
2. Wait outside, 5 min passes, cancel , collect $5
3. Yes, after you accept ride.
4. I just have uber on, learn thy city, don't rely on navi.
5. Don't let it suck you in. It's like crack.

Cityofang3ls

Please use the search function. There is tons of threads on this site that can help you understand ride-sharing better and also lower one's earning expectations as well.

My only advice that I would like to give you is that don't let riders walk over you. Its sets precedence and allows riders to behave like that with every driver.

Also, you're not going to be a millionaire but it is a viable part time gig. Key word "part time." Good luck, virgin.

Karl Marx

Our condolences. Don't forget dash cam, front and back. Remember if you get hit from behind take pictures and get witnesses. If you don't have a rear dash cam don't be surprised if you hear this, " Oh officer, he backed up into me when I was behind him at the lights.'

clearport

If you don't have a rear dash cam don't be surprised if you hear this, " Oh officer, he backed up into me when I was behind him at the lights.'
I think a front facing camera can clearly illustrate if you were backing up or not. I don’t use a back facing camera. You might as well get a side facing cameras if that’s the case.

Kurt Halfyard

Author
I think a front facing camera can clearly illustrate if you were backing up or not. I don’t use a back facing camera. You might as well get a side facing cameras if that’s the case.
I have a front facing camera with audio enabled. It will not 'solve' all PAX problems, but it is the least intrusive solution, and I can tell pax that I have it there in case there is a car accident (which is the truth).

Agentdi

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thank you all! I have a front facing dash cam. I guess will need to invest in rear facing one for extra protection.

Just went to Greenlight Hub in Mississauga. It was a two hour wait. Wow. But now I guess I just waiting for background check to be computed and PTC licence.

Did anyone recently signed up? How long was wait background check and PTC? I’ve been told 7 business days to wait..

Underground

Thank you all! I have a front facing dash cam. I guess will need to invest in rear facing one for extra protection.

Just went to Greenlight Hub in Mississauga. It was a two hour wait. Wow. But now I guess I just waiting for background check to be computed and PTC licence.

Did anyone recently signed up? How long was wait background check and PTC? I’ve been told 7 business days to wait..
I was in Scarborough hub last Saturday. An hour wait, they said it will take a week for background check.

Rakos

Stop... don't do it....8>O

RUN...........!

You MAY regret this decision...8>)

It MAY work for you...butt...

Your nice car will NEVER be the same...

It will get thrashed and...

Your mileage will vaporize...

In front of your eyes...8>O

Good Luck and play your own game...!

Rakos
eb5aef5f6e9bc7beb4bad1aafca89956.jpg

PS. Butt...what do I know...I'm just a little old monkey...8>)

Buddy don’t do Uber it’s waste of time. You will not earn more than 20/ hour ( gross) which is 10/ hour or less

Karl Marx

Buddy don’t do Uber it’s waste of time. You will not earn more than 20/ hour ( gross) which is 10/ hour or less
You must let people make their own mistakes. The vast majority of new Uber and Lyft drivers are employment fallout causalities and as the economy falters further into the employment drought people will resort to any work just to pay the bills. Why would our employment situation in Canada be any different from a less developed nation. With the price of gas at 124.9 a litre you guys must be looking at those McDonald jobs with absolute envy these days.

You must let people make their own mistakes. The vast majority of new Uber and Lyft drivers are employment fallout causalities and as the economy falters further into the employment drought people will resort to any work just to pay the bills. Why would our employment situation in Canada be any different from a less developed nation. With the price of gas at 124.9 a litre you guys must be looking at those McDonald jobs with absolute envy these days.
I agree