• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

I just posted a sign in my car:

UberPissed

I just put a sign in my car:

Some helpful information about your Uber experience

Tipping UberX fares do not NOT include a tip (UberTAXI fares do). Although not required, (Uber’s words) we appreciate tips. Uber cut our rates again recently, and our overhead remains the same. I can accept cash tips and by credit card via Square.Ratings Drivers rate passengers, just like you rate your driver. Drivers typically will not pick up a passenger with a rating of less than 4.5. So play nice!
5 passengers – having 5 passengers violates our insurance policy, so if there is an accident, you are not covered. Don’t roll the dice – request an UberXL or 2 UberX.
Directions If you enter the destination in the app, it appears on our phone, and we can start the trip immediately, without having to enter the address in a GPS.
Amenities I have gum, mints, and starburst (upon request). Enjoy your ride!

I then included a chart of Uber's current rates.

If those A-holes request gum, mints, or starburst, or mention directions, insurance or tipping, and do NOT tip, they will summarily be given 2 or 3 stars. 3 if they are pleasant, 2 if they are anything short of that. If they make an excuse (no cash, don't want to square) then I will consider 4 start. Tipping automatic 5 star.

Thoughts?

Doodle

Tipping UberX fares do not NOT include a tip (UberTAXI fares do). Although not required, (Uber’s words) we appreciate tips. Uber cut our rates again recently, and our overhead remains the same. I can accept cash tips and by credit card via Square.Ratings Drivers rate passengers, just like you rate your driver. Drivers typically will not pick up a passenger with a rating of less than 4.5. So play nice!
5 passengers – having 5 passengers violates our insurance policy, so if there is an accident, you are not covered. Don’t roll the dice – request an UberXL or 2 UberX.
Directions If you enter the destination in the app, it appears on our phone, and we can start the trip immediately, without having to enter the address in a GPS.
For the part above, you will get a TL:biggrin:R from passengers.

I think including a chart of the cost of fares broken down and then adding the the 20% Uber commission and a line below that about tipping is not included by appreciated.

Keep it simple I guess.

Emmes

What would be even better is if UBER would post that when the rider submits a request for a ride. Give them something to LOOK at and (possibly, though not likely) pay attention to .. especially the DIRECTIONS portion. Good luck.

UberPissed

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Where does it say that I cannot educate passengers? At this point I honestly think that would be a blessing in disguise.

Fire me, fine. Won't bode well for their position of independent contractor. What is payroll take on the thousands of drivers they have :smiles:

UberPissed

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ps - just got 5 ride requests from someone 15 minutes away. No thanks. Now I have 0/5 in my last 5 requests.

40mpg

I think drivers thinkng they have power through cancellation will just result in Uber giving us less control over situations where cancellation is needed.
Some taxi companies put drivers out of service for 90 minutes if they cancel the request for any reason

midwestuber

I then included a chart of Uber's current rates.

If those A-holes request gum, mints, or starburst, or mention directions, insurance or tipping, and do NOT tip, they will summarily be given 2 or 3 stars. 3 if they are pleasant, 2 if they are anything short of that. If they make an excuse (no cash, don't want to square) then I will consider 4 start. Tipping automatic 5 star.

Thoughts?
I gave this sign a lot of thought tonight as I made my $45 gross for 6.5 hours tonight. Here are my thoughts ...

Number one, We want/need the riders on our side no matter what. I feel what your doing by listing the rating system is threatening them. Tip me or I will lower your rating. Bad Idea.
Uber put the whole no tipping idea in peoples heads with marketing , We have to do the same to get it back. Our marketing plan needs to be word of mouth, social media (FB, twitter etc...) always include a link to this site.
Now on to the letter.
Say something to the effect of;
I have enjoyed driving people around for the last several months, the summer or whatever. However my time, along with many other uber drivers is drawing to a close as we cannot afford to keep driving for Uber, paying gas, wear and tear on our cars, payroll taxes and several other things Uber has recently started charging us for. Uber has made it clear to us that the whole tip included thing was a marketing ploy in order to get you, the rider in the car. With the recent changes to ubers pricing policies we just can't afford it any more. I am not allowed to ask for tips, but would not turn them down if offered a couple of times.
So if you enjoy my driving, and my well kept comfortable car and would like to see me and others like me stay out here to serve you, please don't let Uber speak for you when it tipping, It could be the difference between me and my friends staying out here serving your needs for the immediate future. I have to believe anyone that can afford to stay out here and work for what uber is offering without tips will not be as nice as what you have become accustomed to. You may have already had a glimpse of things to come in some of the ratty cars that are making their way around already. Thank you for your time and consideration.

This is just a total rough draft, on the fly... needs to be caressed into something you would be ok with taping to your headrest. It does not ask for tips, does not threaten, tells them uber lied to them about tipping, tells them exactly what uber says to do, let them offer a couple of times. ( i put it in as a bit if a ha ha, but it actually covers thine ass) I also added the part about them getting a glimps of ratty cars. almost everyone has had one trip in an older cloth seated, stinky mom mobile, now when they do, it should provoke that uh oh, heres what he was talking about.... take a non issue , bend it to fit our needs.

thats my 2 cents, I'm tired. peace and love uber brothers and sisters... lets keep up the good fight, this is winnable

Uber_Suv

Uber forgets that we are the main cog in their operations and without us on the ground doing the work, they're nothing more than an app. This is a winnable fight and all it really take is some kind of unity on our part to make a difference. If anyone is about ready to quit why not go down swinging or make waves. I always thought how much our day at work would be so much easier if Uber does a few things on their end to help smooth things out, but instead they sit idle and allow the frustration to continue to build. A simple tutorial for the @@@@@@ed customer to watch before using uber would be helpful. So many times Im at the location requested only to find out the pax is a few blocks or even miles away. Believe it or not, despite how easy it is to use the app, people still cant figure out how to properly use it. Some dont even know theyre able to select different platforms! Thank goodness I have another 8 or so month to go. I cant wait to transition into another field and before I do, I'll gladly post something up for passengers to read and educate themselves for the betterment of the drivers.

RS King

I have a fictitious Facebook account and I am posting on Uber's Facebook page everyday and engaging in other people's comments. Everyone should do the same. I am also going to start posting Warnings to potential drivers on craigslist and wherever I see an ad for Uber Drivers. I think social media is definitely the way to go, but protect your identity to avoid retaliatory deactivations by Uber. This site is great, but, as has been suggested, we need to take our fight to the public.

Jeeves

I have a fictitious Facebook account and I am posting on Uber's Facebook page everyday and engaging in other people's comments. Everyone should do the same. I am also going to start posting Warnings to potential drivers on craigslist and wherever I see an ad for Uber Drivers. I think social media is definitely the way to go, but protect your identity to avoid retaliatory deactivations by Uber. This site is great, but, as has been suggested, we need to take our fight to the public.
Do you drive Uber RS King? So many people fighting and complaining, but are you all driving still? Some of this doesn't make sense. As much as I hear people thinking that Uber is on this site, it sure seems like maybe the Taxi industry is just as much present stirring the pot.