• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

I just paid a one-time toll...

OCDodgerFan

Last Friday, I was on the NB 73 for all of a half-mile or so ($3.75!), and since I didn't have a transponder, I paid it today (within the 5-day window - WHEW!).

Tonight, I knuckled down and got a FasTrak. Since I do tend to go all over the map, it helps to be prepared, right?

Anywho, the transponder should be coming in the mail soon...

UBERZERKER

Yup, just got mine in the mail last night (awesome).

I made the mistake of thinking that the 110 was going to have that same option, boy was I so wrong.

I finally got the letter with a pic of my car and plates. I was expecting a huge fine due to the fact that I took the express lanes from the 105 all the w say to the end at 110. I only got clocked at ONE checkpoint.

At the time that this happened i was literally being tailgated by a police car for a long time, I mean by inches to a foot. I swear that has much to do with me getting only one infraction, which is when I switched lanes to let em pass.

Anyway, getting ready to head out NOW to catch some LAX trips with the optional convenience of lesser traffic.

yellow

I still dont have plates on a car purchased more than a year ago for this very reason.
I had a pickup truck that I didnt put the plates on for the entire 4 years I had it. Youre only subject to a $25 fixit ticket. As long as you dont get too many of those, not having to pay tolls and being able to run red lights is worth every penny.

poopy

I still dont have plates on a car purchased more than a year ago for this very reason.
I had a pickup truck that I didnt put the plates on... not having to pay tolls and being able to run red lights is worth every penny.
Might wanna cover the VIN too.

There's documented cases of people being cited from VINs, an addressed letter lying in the car, etc.

Camera technology can be pretty decent.
Especially compared to Uber's (cr)app.

Uber on.

yellow

Might wanna cover the VIN too.

There's documented cases of people being cited from VINs, an addressed letter lying in the car, etc.

Camera technology can be pretty decent.
Especially compared to Uber's (cr)app.

Uber on.
Documented cases of a camera reading a VIN? GTFO. Im not going through toll booths at NASA.

poopy

Not NASA. Right here in Orange County.

I was unsure as well, after reading about it. An OC traffic court judge confirmed.

poopy

Sorry, you'll have to use your own digits.

The Q&A with the judge was quite a few years ago.

uberski

Should have gotten the transponder at costco. They give it to you on thr spot. Its $35 but they give you an extra $5 credit to the account when you set it up. You can also use it on multiple cars by listing the plates. You can't do that with the one you're getting directly from fasttrak.....I should clarify. The transponder is free the $35 and $5 credit go towards the fasttrak account

Last edited:

OCDodgerFan

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Should have gotten the transponder at costco. They give it to you on thr spot. Its $35 but they give you an extra $5 credit to the account when you set it up. You can also use it on multiple cars by listing the plates. You can't do that with the one you're getting directly from fasttrak.....I should clarify. The transponder is free the $35 and $5 credit go towards the fasttrak account
I don't have a Costco membership, but I found out (after I ordered online) that you can get them at Albertson's and Haggen markets.