1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

I just got terminated SOcal

Discussion in 'Flex' started by pasadenauber, Apr 25, 2018.

1. pasadenauber

pasadenauber Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    It was too good to be true!!! I just got terminated and I am waiting for my appeal response.

2. fyls

fyls New Member

I'm sorry.What is the reason or excuse they gave you?

3. kmatt

kmatt Active Member

A lot of veterans are being deactivated for made up reasons like you haven't been as successful as other drivers BS. Really m*ther****ers? It took you 2 plus years to come to that conclusion?!? They want veteran drivers gone so it doesn't look like they are employees. If anyone keeps asking why, that's why. On the other side of that coin, if you get deactivated within 6 months that just means you suck ass at this.

4. Bygosh

Bygosh Active Member

If you get deactivated after 2 years for bs then you 100% need to go to arbitration. Also look to join a class action.

5. oicu812

oicu812 Well-Known Member

Probably the person's own fault by the no response.

6. pasadenauber

Driving:
    UberX
    they said some packages where not
    delivered

7. Amsoil Uber Connect

Amsoil Uber Connect Well-Known Member

And just exactly how does one go about getting your case to Arbitration ? And be successful getting your case heard ?

grams777 likes this.
  8. kmatt

kmatt Active Member

I didn't get deactivated but a lot of veterans just did.

I think a driver would have to pay $250 to get heard by the arbitration system

9. oicu812

I think one has to do some really stupid things to get terminated by Amazon. I know someone who has been in several accidents during delivery (which were entirely the drivers' fault), missed a bunch of blocks, a bunch of dnrs over the course of a year and they are still around.

uberstuper and Older Chauffeur like this.
  10. Bygosh

Bygosh Active Member

Read the TOS. You send a letter requesting arbitration and your claim. Amazon pays up to 10k for arbitration unless the arbitrator determines your claim is frivolous. You can do it over the phone, by writing or in person in the county you live in.

11. Amsoil Uber Connect

Call me stupid. Is there another way to read the TOS with out logging in ?

That's the point. Some people got deactivated by only siting, "TOS Violation". Nothing more.

Plus they can always throw it out, siting "Frivolous claim" and still not give a reason.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
  12. oicu812

Would these people that got terminated for "TOS violation" post their termination email? I'd bet that they did something stupid and continued doing so.

13. Amsoil Uber Connect

I would if I feel like making the effort. But then I'd have to spill the full story, part of it is still in the courts hands but even so, I was reinstated but they pulled the plug two months later. Yet I think dkcs is right as its happened to one or some of his people as well. No it's not script or auto clicker.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
  14. ndigoboy

ndigoboy Member

Amazon cuts their bottom performers. Yes, there is a metrics system at play and you are reviewed and judged routinely. The bottom performer for a given time period is usually cut. It just happened to be you this time. You don't have to be the best to succeed at Amazon, you just can't be the worst.

uberstuper likes this.
  15. oicu812

His people are the script people as he's the one helping to set them up. He said as much in another thread(s).

Whether one is violating the TOS, the purge of drivers based on metrics which some aren't apparent is at Amazon's discretion. One metric is where exactly you scan the package. Whether it's inside your car or at the doorstep. Another metric is whether you call the customer and/or support if you have an undeliverable and marked it as such.

16. pasadenauber

Driving:
    UberX

all my packages were scanned so not sure why amazon isn't clear with me and give me exact reasons.

17. oicu812

You weren't terminated for not scanning the packages. You said you were terminated for not delivering them. It could be a bunch of DNRs in a short period of time. You may have gotten unlucky where someone stole a bunch of packages that you "delivered".

I see too many flex drivers advertising what they do. Flex stickers, flex t-shirts, stupid beacon light on top of the car, etc. That's just at the Rosemead location.

uberstuper likes this.
  18. pasadenauber

Driving:
    UberX

19. dkcs

dkcs Well-Known Member

Guilty as charged... I still haven't seen a single driver deactivated permanently for script use. Amazon has been tossing around the excuse lately that your performance was below that of other drivers but drivers that don't even automate have been getting that one.

Amazon is actually easing up on scripters now and still letting you see blocks (with a few minutes delay) instead of outright soft blocking you. So if you are in a non-competitive market then you won't even be blocked now.

20. uberstuper

uberstuper Well-Known Member

Agreed and well said