I just found out something about Grubhub you might want to know

Oscar Levant

I run DD/GH/UE. In this specific case the problem is APPLEBEES, they are by far the worst of all restaurants being on time. On DD they tell you what time to pick up the order which is even better info than on UE. GH used to put the pickup time but recently started hiding it so drivers would still pick up the orders that were 30+ minutes late.:roflmao:

With Applebees specifically, they are rarely on time so whatever info they put in there is useless. They are regularly 10-15 minutes behind their own designated pick up time on DD. I will only pick up an Applebees order if I'm delivering cross platform and realize it's ok to be 10 minutes late to the pick up time.

We have an Applebees here in my city in North County San Diego, and I've served it a bunch of times, and I think I only waited, and not for long, only once.

Darrell Green Fan

We have an Applebees here in my city in North County San Diego, and I've served it a bunch of times, and I think I only waited, and not for long, only once.

Yeah not all Applebees are the same, or McDonald's for that matter. Making a blanket statement about all of their stores based on the wait time at one of them is kinda nuts. With that said if my local Applebees always caused a wait I would start declining them.

SpinalCabbage

Went into Applebees with my wife. Waiter finally got around to waiting on us and with a big sigh he plopped himself down next to my wife and placed his hand on her thigh and asked what he could get for us. My wife doused him with a glass of water. I started laughing out loud which caused everyone to look our way right as my wife smacked him upside the head with her purse. We have not been back since.

Joesmith2012

U really found your place in the world 🙄
Yeah someone has to teach these idiots, hey it's where I started out too and trust me the customers cut me zero slack but in the day one little mistake they were asking for the manager. Maybe if more of the drivers would do the same we would keep them on their toes and the orders will actually get fullfilled

Fuzzyelvis

I'm a Shift Manager at a Mcds in Quebec, but I'm not allowed to touch anything on the tablet. Only access I have is to pause/close the restaurant to new orders.

The 2 hour delay was because of lockdown. There were absolutely no couriers working. Our sales at night dropped at least 80% compared to pre-Covid19. It was like a ghost town. That night I swore I had less than 3 Uber orders. It was so dead that besides reg meat and juniors, everything else was made on order including fries.

True, Mcds pays minimum, but mgrs make decent pay. I work overnights so I get quite a bit extra. About drivers canceling, I rarely see that. Could be a regional thing..
If you don't mind me asking, what is "decent pay"? That means different things to different people. And also depends on where you are.