I just completed my first 25 trips and can now unlock huge earnings with UberPOOL!

cbotnyse

On a serious note...I was given the 10/20/30 incentive next week. I plan to ride this week after my day job in the loop. My question is, is pool that big of a pain in the ass to pass on using it to get my guarantee faster? I've had this incentive every week and can easily get 5 rides in my personal allotted time of 5-8pm. Can I get 10 rides in the same time rather easily?

Goal Digger

Pool rides are only good for the purposes of meeting ride/guarantee criteria. So go ahead and take them to get your $, but if no incentive, I'd personally skip out on 100% of pool rides.

It would be more difficult to get the 10 rides in the PM rush, but you could do it.

driving312

Considering pool rates are exactly the same as UberX, turn down that money! You must be driving for the fun of it, lol great strategy.

chrisbk88

You should definitely accept pool with that guarantee.

Enjoy that guarantee while it last because its temporary and I'm still mad at myself for underestimating it and being stupid enough to not take advantage of it more than once.

tohunt4me

On a serious note...I was given the 10/20/30 incentive next week. I plan to ride this week after my day job in the loop. My question is, is pool that big of a pain in the ass to pass on using it to get my guarantee faster? I've had this incentive every week and can easily get 5 rides in my personal allotted time of 5-8pm. Can I get 10 rides in the same time rather easily?
I was about to slap you through the screen just for that title.

Glad to see you don't believe that

tohunt4me

Enjoy that guarantee while it last because its temporary and I'm still mad at myself for underestimating it and being stupid enough to not take advantage of it more than once.
But it is BAIT & SWITCH.

awins

Another uninformed driver that doesn't even know what Pool and UberX rates are, lol!! Ignore Pool money, I'm rich because of you guys!! Thank you!!
And now everyone knows you are lying because no one is getting rich off uber. Not drivers at least.

tohunt4me

And now everyone knows you are lying because no one is getting rich off uber. Not drivers at least.
Must be Travis.

He IS getting rich off of us.

We,on the other hand,are ensuring no Social Security for old age.

See you under the overpass begging for change !

driving312

Pool and UberX rates are not secretly held information.

There is something very wrong if you don't even know what they are, lol!!

But being intelligent enough to know things is why I'm making crazy $$$ an you obviously are not.

cbotnyse

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Pool and UberX rates are not secretly held information.

There is something very wrong if you don't even know what they are, lol!!

But being intelligent enough to know things is why I'm making crazy $$$ an you obviously are not.
you're right, its not a secret. Pool rates are substantially cheaper that X rates, thats the whole point of them.

How temporary is it? I've gotten it the first 3 weeks of driving. Have you not seen it in months? I can't envision myself driving without it, to be honest.

chrisbk88

Another uninformed driver that doesn't even know what Pool and UberX rates are, lol!! Ignore Pool money, I'm rich because of you guys!! Thank you!!
Isn't driving312 a known troll. Please explain to me how we can be uniformed about something that has never been published, genius? The formula for how an UBERx trip is calculated is easily accessible information while for pool it has never been disclosed.

How temporary is it? I've gotten it the first 3 weeks of driving. Have you not seen it in months? I can't envision myself driving without it, to be honest.
I haven't seen it since the first 2 months that I started. Then they put you on regular promotions like guarantees or boost. Also you're not going to get a promotion 100% of the time. The hourly guarantees are quite bullshit in my opinion because they come with requirements, but people on this forum have figured out how to manipulate those requirements to do as little work as possible, but that takes way too much effort for me to be interested in doing it. Actually doing your job on hour guarantees puts you at a disadvantage for qualifying for it, the thought of that is its own headache. On the other hand I love boost. Keep in mind that the amount of rides guarantee is some really really good money if you're hitting that 40 rides. They change the amount of the payout, I've seen the top payout range from 150-300. I have had $300 extra for 40 promos which I did not take advantage of.

cbotnyse

I haven't seen it since the first 2 months that I started. Then they put you on regular promotions like guarantees or boost. Also you're not going to get a promotion 100% of the time. The hourly guarantees are quite bullshit in my opinion because they come with requirements, but people on this forum have figured out how to manipulate those requirements to do as little work as possible, but that takes way too much effort for me I be interested in doing. On the other hand I love boost. Keep in mind that the amount of rides guarantee is some really really good money if you're hitting that 40 rides. They change the amount of the payout, I've seen the top payout range from 150-300. I have had $300 extra for 40 promos which I did not take advantage of.
yeah I know this one is prob as good as it gets, but I just don't have the time to pull it off unfortunately. In the 3 weeks of driving, my biggest realization is the value of my time. My goal is 150-200 a week and getting to 10 rides gets me very close to that goal, so I have been good about just heading home instead of reaching for those 20-30 more rides. Time with my wife and young son is much more valuable to me.

chrisbk88

yeah I know this one is prob as good as it gets, but I just don't have the time to pull it off unfortunately. In the 3 weeks of driving, my biggest realization is the value of my time. My goal is 150-200 a week and getting to 10 rides gets me very close to that goal, so I have been good about just heading home instead of reaching for those 20-30 more rides. Time with my wife and young son is much more valuable to me.
I didn't have time to do it either so I didn't but it hindsight I should have because that promo doesn't last. Especially if you get pool request you can hit it fast. I didn't immediately realize that either and missed out because I was avoiding pool.

cbotnyse

I didn't have time to do it either so I didn't but it hindsight I should have because that promo doesn't last. Especially if you get pool request you can hit it fast. I didn't immediately realize that either and missed out because I was avoiding pool.
I think you're right. I should suck it up and make the money while I can.

HOOSIERGAL

you're right, its not a secret. Pool rates are substantially cheaper that X rates, thats the whole point of them.

I had it for six weeks. Then for two weeks, no incentive at all and then boost ever since. Take advantage of it while you have it, because you most likely will not see it again. I have been driving since March.