• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

I ignore calls, mabye skip texts too?

Halfmybrain

I don't answer calls while en route to/waiting for Uber Express Pool pickup. What else but "Pick me up somewhere else" or "I need more time"? Then I feel it's necessary to explain to current pool riders why I'm doing this (NOT explaining while ignoring repeat calls is worse).

Wondering if I should ignore texts also, though if I answer it's pretty standard "You ordered Express Pool and...."

UberBeemer

The in app texts have a one-tap "ok, i got it" reply for texts. If you have hands free device, why not take calls?

Ad nauseam

Beemer, ya gotta know Half and I have some disagreement.

But none on this!

Calls, texts, smoke signals, etc are to be avoided at all costs.
Can't avoid them all, and don't tell the boys, but I am more inclined if said can sercure a serge or vet a fake out.
Occasionally at ORD.
Maybe, if I'm in the mood, probably not.

Something has to be weird. Pax. Pick up or Me.
Apart from that.

Phone is broken, text and bluetooth even broke 'er.

They always want something special for the slave wage. Happy to drive. Ain't gotta phone.

80sDude

Like we don't have enough distractions and missiles flying at us the whole time on the road. Now add a phone call ?

HELL NO

Pusher

Accept request two seconds later phone rings (773)(312) # are you on your way yet? Click hang up- cancel ride ....... >>——>just going to be a problem anyway..<<<——-

Text::::: even with the handy dandy one touch feature on uber to reply we are still not supposed to text and drive...... sure people play with the app and things but when you get somewhere to pick up pax and pax is asking why you didn’t reply ask them , “ would you like for me to text my freind or play with an app while driving you”

Pusher

i do get those annoying ones too, occasionally. Mostly they're just easy calls though.
For the most part they are Beemer, but more and more lately the scenario I presented seems to be becoming more prevalent.

I do like with the new app the fact that when you arrive you can send that pre programmed text that “you arrived”. That sets the stage and places the onus back on pax to get their boots to the curb.

I have little tolerance or patience for that matter for those that know that they ordered a ride, but are not ready when we arrive. Knowing full well that they are informed to the match with the driver, app makes it extreamly easy to track progress of driver, notifications sent as driver is just about to arrive, and then get the message from pax ‘“ please wait I am going to be another five minutes” , or “ can you wait stuck on elevator” name the excuse they have them all it’s like they have it pre programmed in their minds that your time is not valuable.

Unfortunately the platforms and the drivers have been the enablers of this type of behavior. The absolute worse is the pool and pool express riders. It is absolutely intolerable that people that are getting personal car service for less than taxi rates from the 1980’s, current bus and light rail fares should have the expectations that it is perfectly acceptable to deviate from the parameters outlined by the offering.

The Gift of Fish

I don't answer calls while en route to/waiting for Uber Express Pool pickup. What else but "Pick me up somewhere else" or "I need more time"? Then I feel it's necessary to explain to current pool riders why I'm doing this (NOT explaining while ignoring repeat calls is worse).

Wondering if I should ignore texts also, though if I answer it's pretty standard "You ordered Express Pool and...."
I don't accept calls from pax either.

Zap

Incoming pax calls stopped completely when the "deaf or hard of hearing" option is enabled. I've been rolling like that for a couple of years & don't regret it at all. Text are mostly ignored unless the "OK, got it" is a proper response.

veblenrules

Beemer, ya gotta know Half and I have some disagreement.

But none on this!

Calls, texts, smoke signals, etc are to be avoided at all costs.
Can't avoid them all, and don't tell the boys, but I am more inclined if said can sercure a serge or vet a fake out.
Occasionally at ORD.
Maybe, if I'm in the mood, probably not.

Something has to be weird. Pax. Pick up or Me.
Apart from that.

Phone is broken, text and bluetooth even broke 'er.

They always want something special for the slave wage. Happy to drive. Ain't gotta phone.
Anything that expedites the pickup at these rates is fine with me. I never answer texts but I have no problem with calls on speaker. I call a lot of pax and nobody has ever been upset about it. If someone is at an intersection it's nice to know which corner and address ranges are useless so if the pax can tell me where they actually are that's fine. On the other hand Pool is a recipe for high drama at BS rates so I just don't do 'em. No mints, doilies, shoe shines, back rubs, aux cords. Still at Diamond Class but no stars on my forehead. DON'T DRINK THE KOOLAID!!!!

thepeach

The "I have arrived" phrase helps a lot near the bar areas. This let's the pax know I am parked near them. If I am parked at the ping I will answer their phone calls. Driving through bar areas with people walking in front of cars and cars whizing around parked cars is not the spot to even answer a phone call on speaker.

MikeNY

I've called my drivers in the past to let them know I'll meet them a block away. If they come to my house they will be waiting 5 minutes just to pick me up.

karachi

I've called my drivers in the past to let them know I'll meet them a block away. If they come to my house they will be waiting 5 minutes just to pick me up.
They might wait a full 5 minutes or leave after about 4 and "hide" somewhere nearby and score a cancel fee off your sloth self!!

MikeNY

They might wait a full 5 minutes or leave after about 4 and "hide" somewhere nearby and score a cancel fee off your sloth self!!
I wasn't clear above. The 5 minutes would be after they pick me up just get around my block. So I'm doing the driver a favor by walking to the corner

karachi

I wasn't clear above. The 5 minutes would be after they pick me up just get around my block. So I'm doing the driver a favor by walking to the corner
You know, don't do the driver's any "favors" and just request the pickup at that corner in the first place!! And be ready with "toes to the curb!!"