• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

I hit a seagull doing 60 mph.

TampaGuy

With pax in car on Memorial Day, traffic was light. Driving speed limit which I try very hard to adhere too, a Seagull cam in front of my car perpendicularly. He/she made a sharp right turn and headed right at me. As the image of the bird became increasingly larger and headed towards my my car, I kinda let off a girlish scream. It hit my hood with a thunderous sound. Pax looked back too see a ball of feathers and body of the ill fated bird.

He then goes into stories of deers and birds he has hit with his own car.

Drop him off at airport. Have him a five, he does the same and tips in app. Eventful, but successful trip.

I drive out of the airport find a place to park, and see this.

Attachments

U/L guy

With pax in car on Memorial Day, traffic was light. Driving speed limit which I try very hard to adhere too, a Seagull cam in front of my car perpendicularly. He/she made a sharp right turn and headed right at me. As the image of the bird became increasingly larger and headed towards my my car, I kinda let off a girlish scream. It hit my hood with a thunderous sound. Pax looked back too see a ball of feathers and body of the ill fated bird.

He then goes into stories of deers and birds he has hit with his own car.

Drop him off at airport. Have him a five, he does the same and tips in app. Eventful, but successful trip.

I drive out of the airport find a place to park, and see this.
WOW, you’re very lucky the bird didn’t go through the window, it could have been a whole different story, you probably would have made the 11 pm news.
Go buy a lottery ticket.

The Texan

Liar! Seagulls generally fly between 15 and 28 MPH. No way that bird was doing 60.
That! Was funny as hell!!!

Be glad you weren't on a motorcycle!

So, when the bird got hit, did it cough up Marlin and Dory?
Post automatically merged:

Where exactly were you
Really? He was behind the steering wheel, driving his car! ;-)

TampaGuy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
WOW, you’re very lucky the bird didn’t go through the window, it could have been a whole different story, you probably would have made the 11 pm news.

Honestly, thank you. I never looked at it that way. This is why I love this community

Liar! Seagulls generally fly between 15 and 28 MPH. No way that bird was doing 60.

Moron, I was doing 60 mph. I live in Florida, Seagulls are everywhere.

Where’d op say 60? I say impact could’ve occurred at 60+, once you combine the velocities of both objects!

Sucks for op to incur such a huge expense over a freakish event like this!

Got a quote from Carsmetics for $650 today. No way!!!

TemptingFate

We know that keeping your car in good shape and providing excellent service to your riders is important to you. That's why we're suspending your driver account until the damage can be repaired. You are still eligible to use your rider account as needed. Please let us know if we can answer any other questions. -
Rohit

SouthFLuberlady

Honestly, thank you. I never looked at it that way. This is why I love this community

Moron, I was doing 60 mph. I live in Florida, Seagulls are everywhere.

Got a quote from Carsmetics for $650 today. No way!!!
U could get it fixed much cheaper in Miami

Boca Ratman

Got a quote from Carsmetics for $650 today. No way!

Seriously, get a toilet plunger, a new clean one. And not one of the cheapies. Stick it on and pull out. It looks like it can pop out.

You can probably get to it from underneath. tapping with a rubber mallet if the plunger doesn't work.

If it works, send me 150 minus 50% of the cost of the plunger and mallet!