I have the Uber blues

KishWithTheQ

Just want to vent a little bit. I made a huge mistake last Friday that has me feeling sick today. I picked up my Uber rental through Enterprise. I was excited because I was getting back on the road after an almost two month hiatus after being involved in an Uber accident. Uber pulled me back in last weekend with my guaranteed platinum status.... not telling me on Monday I would be back to my lowly bronze status.

Anywho me and my overpriced Ford Focus hit the road Tues, Wed, Thurs and this morning. Leaving home at 6am coming back around noon because my fiance goes to work at 2pm. Yesterday I went back out from 3pm til about 7 before calling it a day. Long story short, I made a whole 200 dollars profit.... after gas and what I have to pay for my enterprise car. Needless to say, I feel 100% sick.

I didn't really understand the whole pool thing until I took a few, the last one was Wednesday morning that had the focus packed to the max, took me from NoMa all the way up to Reservoir Road(passed the hospital), three pick ups, three drop offs and I don't believe it was a whole 10 dollars. After that one, and a 6am pool argument (because her address didn't exist) I got a clue and hooped on the EFF POOL wagon.

At any rate, this Uber week has drained me of my energy, my time and feels like my damn money and I can't see this being my long term reality.

How many trips do you need to be platinum because that's the only way I can see this working on out in my favor.

UberSolo

Just want to vent a little bit. I made a huge mistake last Friday that has me feeling sick today. I picked up my Uber rental through Enterprise. I was excited because I was getting back on the road after an almost two month hiatus after being involved in an Uber accident. Uber pulled me back in last weekend with my guaranteed platinum status.... not telling me on Monday I would be back to my lowly bronze status.

Anywho me and my overpriced Ford Focus hit the road Tues, Wed, Thurs and this morning. Leaving home at 6am coming back around noon because my fiance goes to work at 2pm. Yesterday I went back out from 3pm til about 7 before calling it a day. Long story short, I made a whole 200 dollars profit.... after gas and what I have to pay for my enterprise car. Needless to say, I feel 100% sick.

I didn't really understand the whole pool thing until I took a few, the last one was Wednesday morning that had the focus packed to the max, took me from NoMa all the way up to Reservoir Road(passed the hospital), three pick ups, three drop offs and I don't believe it was a whole 10 dollars. After that one, and a 6am pool argument (because her address didn't exist) I got a clue and hooped on the EFF POOL wagon.

At any rate, this Uber week has drained me of my energy, my time and feels like my damn money and I can't see this being my long term reality.

How many trips do you need to be platinum because that's the only way I can see this working on out in my favor.
im assuming you're doing uber because u can drive whenever u want. if thats not the situation, cut your loses asap and return that rental car.
it's a chumps deal for immigrants and those who screwed their credit rating. then find another gig on craigslist.

KishWithTheQ

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
im assuming you're doing uber because u can drive whenever u want. if thats not the situation, cut your loses asap and return that rental car.
it's a chumps deal for immigrants and those who screwed their credit rating. then find another gig on craigslist.
Yes, that's the gist of it. I am a preschool teacher (16 years) that recently returned to school online and mom to a 4year old. Driving for Uber gave me the flexibility that being in the classroom doesn't when it comes to my son. I can pick him up from school ON TIME and not have to stick him in aftercare creating an almost 12 hour day for him. I got the car because I generally loved doing Uber AT FIRST. But I didn't want to keep putting the wear and tear on my fiance truck and my truck doesn't qualify because of the age. So it SEEMED like a good investment......just not on bronze status in pool city.

t5contra

I wasn't aware that you can rent a car through enterprise for uber. Would you mind sharing the details? Cost, deposit, insurance etc...?

t5contra

Never mind, just looked it up. It's just under $250 a week which actually isn't that bad all things considered. If you were between jobs during the peak of incentives it would have been a decent deal for a car you can drive the living hell out of. Good for enterprise.

Hope it works out for you. I have a rental car. Will be returning it in a out three weeks. It's only work it if you're on platinum.

I'm hourly platinum and I've been gaming the system. Lol

whatislife

question how u gonna get married when you're doing uber as a main job in which you've rented a car etc etc.... that doesn't seem like a wise idea I mean love conquers all yadayada but the reality is that you need money and uber is not something that will bring you steady stream.