I HAVE AN IDEA!!!!!!!!!

Ping.Me.More

For all my fellow airport lovers hear me out:

What if the drivers in the queue logged into the passanger app and requested a ride? Would that create a surge?
ping!!
(accept ping)
(Your pickup is 2 parking stalls away).
"Drive closer to the pin"
"You have arrived"

:roflmao:

Ssgcraig

There is a market that made the news a while back for drivers at the airport going off line at the same time and waiting for an X amount of surge before going back online. This was considered fraud let alone what you are proposing.

Disgusted Driver

I wonder however if it would be a good way to get your acceptance rate up. If you accept a ping and then rider cancels it still counts as a positive acceptance. So folks could ping each other and get their acceptance rates up to qualify for pro I suppose. Then again, if you are trying to get from 65% to 85% it would take way to much effort for the little benefit.

JPaiva

For all my fellow airport lovers hear me out:

What if the drivers in the queue logged into the passanger app and requested a ride? Would that create a surge?
What if, instead of using the airport queue to wait for a pax, you fire up a small grill and sell hotdogs brats chips and soda to all the other drivers sitting there waiting and not wanting to lose their spot in the queue? A food truck or similar would make serious bank catering to one of those lots.

Disgusted Driver

What if, instead of using the airport queue to wait for a pax, you fire up a small grill and sell hotdogs brats chips and soda to all the other drivers sitting there waiting and not wanting to lose their spot in the queue? A food truck or similar would make serious bank catering to one of those lots.
Great idea till the airport po po come and seize the truck or your car because you didn't kick up to the airport.

Daisey77

Our airport specifically says we can not deliver food or have food delivered and we can not purchase food from a non approved vendor. Now grilling and accepting tips? Not sure that's actually been attempted but definitely discussed LOL

JPaiva

Our airport specifically says we can not deliver food or have food delivered and we can not purchase food from a non approved vendor. Now grilling and accepting tips? Not sure that's actually been attempted but definitely discussed LOL
Eeek, Havent seen anything similar in StL waiting in a commuter lot with exception to being "in" the airport. But away from the terminals is a grey area here13 because the parking lots are not airport owned
Post automatically merged:

Great idea till the airport po po come and seize the truck or your car because you didn't kick up to the airport.
Not if the lots are independently owned and you make friends with the gate guard

Daisey77

Eeek, Havent seen anything similar in StL waiting in a commuter lot with exception to being "in" the airport. But away from the terminals is a grey area here13 because the parking lots are not airport owned
Post automatically merged:

Not if the lots are independently owned and you make friends with the gate guard
Yeah our entire Airport is owned and operated by the City and County of Denver Department of Aviation and our airport is massive. We are the largest airport in North America. Second largest airport in the world! Just to give you an idea, Dallas-Fort Worth Airport is the next largest airport in North America and we are double size of that and the city operates every inch of it. They actually have a written policy about food deliveries in their policy handbook LOL20191017_050434.jpg

Ian Richard Markham

Surge happens, and your pax request pings will come to you, and Uber will gladly keep the surge. You can drive yourself to your home, and waste gas ?
If you don’t tip yourself, your driver self can give your pax self a 1*?if you tip, you end up paying taxes on the tip, which the US govt appreciates.
@mbd you of all people should know that you can only give yourself a ride if your phone has dual sim slots.