I have an announcement to Make...

angesangles

I have decided what I really want to do with my life. Tomorrow I will give up main job because I hate it so much. (despite it paying better by the hour) At the same time I'm also considering dropping uni to focus on becoming a full time UBER driver. With this I want to announce to you all, now I am a full time UBER Driver. Sounds good? No?

ST DYMPHNA son

I have decided what I really want to do with my life. Tomorrow I will give up main job because I hate it so much. (despite it paying better by the hour) At the same time I'm also considering dropping uni to focus on becoming a full time UBER driver. With this I want to announce to you all, now I am a full time UBER Driver. Sounds good? No?
May you have plenty of 5 stars and not much vomit in your car :smiles::smiles::smiles:
Good luck Mate

angesangles

I have thought about the economics v studying further.

I do have a degree already and don't see the additional benefits of studying. Feel like if I devote my whole time to UBER/transporting people around, I could do things I have wanted to do in my life: own a car (or even multiple for that Case), look to purchase a home, holiday etc. The cost/benefit of studying takes a drain out of a student and I want to get ahead in my life not behind. e.g preparing for a certain subject+ doing my other 2nd job= takes up about 20 hours of my week and sometimes more.

Jonny2017

I

I'd ask you one question.

where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Uber will start to drive to mad after a while behind the wheel.... you'll need to work a lot of hours to make it worthwhile. Uber will provide an average salary at best, but you'll work more hours to achieve that.

your thoughts?

angesangles

I see UBER getting stronger and stronger.

I don't think any competitors will get close to UBER within the next 5-15 years. UBER will gain more and more power and I don't see myself being unemployed in the transport industry/logistics/shuttle business in that time. (im a 33 year old guy so I could definitely see myself doing this in future and possibly retiring at around 50 or so)

RateMe5

G

I don't think any competitors will get close to UBER within the next 5-15 years. UBER will gain more and more power and I don't see myself being unemployed in the transport industry/logistics/shuttle business in that time. (im a 33 year old guy so I could definitely see myself doing this in future and possibly retiring at around 50 or so)
Good to be optimistic, do u know new rules and associated costs?

Uber_Dick

HAHAHAAHAH you for real? Uber will gut you in a heartbeat and robot cars is on the way...look forward to lower rates, longer drives, longer hours and less pay....You have been Fubered.

lespaul

stop being a @@@@@@ and troll some other board

EyesWIDEopen

Give up your main job...???

Whoa Whoa Whoa pronto...

I distinctly remember screenshots of 100 hour weeks.. Grossing $3.5 k... And $3.9k for 120 hour weeks...

So where do you get the time to drive 100+ hours a week, study, sleep, eat, hang out with friends and family, work full time in normal job...???

Unless...

Wait...

Unless you are a triplet...
One brother works uber...
One brother works normal job...
And the other brother eats, sleeps, studies for all the other brothers...

Nooooooooow it all makes sense...

angesangles

Give up your main job...???

Whoa Whoa Whoa pronto...

I distinctly remember screenshots of 100 hour weeks.. Grossing $3.5 k... And $3.9k for 120 hour weeks...

So where do you get the time to drive 100+ hours a week, study, sleep, eat, hang out with friends and family, work full time in normal job...???

Unless...

Wait...

Unless you are a triplet...
One brother works uber...
One brother works normal job...
And the other brother eats, sleeps, studies for all the other brothers...

Nooooooooow it all makes sense...

No duplicate account here but I would be lieing to you if I said that the hours and time involved in working and trying to fit in all of these activities didn't burn me out.

I can manage a full time work load of 40 hours but when you are working 100-120 hours a week it burns you out no matter who you are.

Uber Loompa

Uber drivers will be replaced by self driving cars in 10-15 years time. And then what?
Don't forget as a contractor YOU are responsible for your own super, compo, holidays. You better have some savings or income insurance because if you do get hurt for any reasons and can't drive. You will have no income!

Jack Malarkey

(im a 33 year old guy so I could definitely see myself doing this in future and possibly retiring at around 50 or so)

I can't see how you could possibly retire at 50 after being a full-time Uber driver from the age of 33 unless you win a lottery or inherit a fortune. The best you could do is struggle through to when you become eligible for the age pension. At 50, you'll still have a long wait for that.