• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

I have a question for Uber drivers in Indianapolis.

wbopp

Very curious to see an Uber driver’s response to a project we are involved in. I would like to talk to a driver or two and see if there is any interest before more more discussions. Our company makes an alternative fuel for government and private fleets for 1.69 a gallon here in central Indiana. We install the fuel depot and equipment. What makes it unique is when a vehicle runs out it switches back to gasoline on the fly. City vehicles in Franklin Indiana have been on it for almost 2 years now. There are now almost 74,000 nationwide. I spoke with an Uber driver at the airport in Indy a week ago from an install we completed in Denver and it hit me. We have space here for a fueling dispenser. I know you are independent contractors but would there be enough say (10 vehicles) to make it work? Do you think there would be any interest? Let me know if we are barking up the wrong tree. Thank you for your time.

Attachments

asadlee

Very curious to see an Uber driver’s response to a project we are involved in. I would like to talk to a driver or two and see if there is any interest before more more discussions. Our company makes an alternative fuel for government and private fleets for 1.69 a gallon here in central Indiana. We install the fuel depot and equipment. What makes it unique is when a vehicle runs out it switches back to gasoline on the fly. City vehicles in Franklin Indiana have been on it for almost 2 years now. There are now almost 74,000 nationwide. I spoke with an Uber driver at the airport in Indy a week ago from an install we completed in Denver and it hit me. We have space here for a fueling dispenser. I know you are independent contractors but would there be enough say (10 vehicles) to make it work? Do you think there would be any interest? Let me know if we are barking up the wrong tree. Thank you for your time.

I would be interested.

DieselkW

Oh good, another snake oil product for sale to the gullible?

Your "pdf" is nothing but a very small image. Someone told you they can produce a fuel for 80% the cost of gasoline that will run an I.C. engine and this fuel source is independent of the main fuel tank and you have no other specifications to share except you want 10 of us to "chip in" for the cost of providing this source of fuel?

Where will you put it? If we have to drive 30 miles to fill up on your magic fairy dust to save $0.30/gallon you're wasting my time. A 60 mile round trip is $5 in gas, so it's break even at 30 miles one way IF this alternative fuel has enough btu's to rival gasoline.
What is the btu value of this fuel, as compared to gasoline? What is the loss of efficiency - if it only gets 80% of the mpg rating of gasoline, why bother?
Do you provide any guarantees that this alternative fuel will do no harm to an engine? Does the engine need to have variable timing to accept this alternative fuel?
Can it be used with diesel engines?

I've seen too many of these "magic pill" elixers to believe you can produce small quantity fuel and sell it for less than Exxon/Mobil can with a similar btu content. Let's see the MSDS, I'll be able to tell you if someone is trying to sell you a unicorn or a leprechaun. Don't be fooled by these guys "oxygenating" fuel for more power, or running gas through a "catalyst" to boost energy, or how you can use a battery to split the hydrogen from the oxygen in water and add hydrocarbons to your fuel system.

It's snake oil, pure and simple. My diesel engine will run on used frying oil, doesn't mean I'm putting that crap in my tank. It will run on bourbon as well, but at $75/gallon I'm not doing that either.

wbopp

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Dieselkw, I didn’t ask for anyone to chip in. I didn’t post who we are because this is not an Advertisement. We are a manufacturer of both the fuel, made from several current petroleum manufacturers and the devices that are currently running in Europe. Our equipment is Original equipment for 4 different car manufacturers . Im sorry if this question bothered you in some way but the truth is we have some fairly large customers using this fuel right now. UPS being one of them. These work in gasoline motors only for the time being but diesel variants are still in the works. The diesel systems are not efficient enough for anyone right now. This fuel a variant of butane mixtures which is blended into gasoline now ( winter blend) only on a higher level. As far as the refueling distance that is why both the ability to dropback into gasoline so you are never stranded and having a relatively central location are key. Having the ability to have both our fuel and gasoline so you double your range without stopping to refuel. Hence the question posted here. Is there a need? If not that’s what we are asking. One last thing you see the price difference for now. We can lock that price in for 3 years. Back when gasoline was 3.98 we were at 2.10.

DieselkW

So, your ".pdf" is still an image, not a file.
Let's get a look at the MSDS and some specifications.

The UPS alternative fuel webpage doesn't mention your project with them.

Adding butane to fuel is not anything new. Summer blends typically have 2% butane. More butane will simply increase the relative vapor pressure of the blend - butane alone has a vapor pressure of 52psi - so you don't want to add too much of it or your gasoline will not meet state specifications. It is, however, plentiful and cheap. If there is 10% butane in the blend, it will contribute around 5.2 psi (10% of 52 psi) to the overall blend. Might be OK in the dead of winter, but I wouldn't want anywhere near that much butane in the summer mix.
Butane additives is the REASON gasoline gets cheaper after Sept 15 - the stuff is cheap.

Like I said, I've seen all snake oil claims of alternative fuels. Show some hard data - I promise not to scoff at it until thoroughly researched. Then I'll scoff at it, because claiming UPS is using your enhanced butane mixture is like saying Subway will be putting more lettuce on their sandwiches.

wbopp

I am sorry you feel that way and if we were selling this I would produce an msds. Frankly I cant help you.

wbopp

Upon further thought DieselKw. . Your right there are snake-oil salesmen out there. i cant show you the formula to coke online ,so to speak, but i can in person and let you drive it. let me know. i would like you to test drive one and you can post back here your results.

DieselkW

An MSDS is a public document. I can get it myself if you provide a company name. Then I will let you know if it's worth my time to test drive your fuel.