• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

I HATE Unions......anyone else ready to join?

UsedToBeAPartner

I have always considered Unions to be the scourge of the enterprising businessman/woman. However, Uber has somehow managed to skirt every regulation that would require a business person to pay a living wage. No one in any position of power seems willing to step up and force them to do the right thing so now may be the time to unionize despite any concerns to the contrary. There does not appear to be anyone interested in protecting the common man/woman and legislators continue to allow Uber to poop on their drivers (the folks that used to be called Partners). Someone needs to step in and force Uber (and all ride share companies) to pay a reasonable rate that would allow someone to actually pay their bills should they chose one of these ride share companies as their main source of income. The advertisements continue to insinuate that there is great money to be made working for these companies but we all know that this is all smoke and mirrors. Not only should they be brought up on false advertising charges, they should have ALL of their claims held up to public scrutiny. No one seems to be willing to take on a company that loses billions of dollar per year but has somehow managed to create a false since of value of 70 billion dollars. This nonsense needs to end and if there is a Union rep. willing to step up and take the reigns, I am willing to jump in and help them help us out of this scam that Uber calls a business.

Fuzzyelvis

I have always considered Unions to be the scourge of the enterprising businessman/woman. However, Uber has somehow managed to skirt every regulation that would require a business person to pay a living wage. No one in any position of power seems willing to step up and force them to do the right thing so now may be the time to unionize despite any concerns to the contrary. There does not appear to be anyone interested in protecting the common man/woman and legislators continue to allow Uber to poop on their drivers (the folks that used to be called Partners). Someone needs to step in and force Uber (and all ride share companies) to pay a reasonable rate that would allow someone to actually pay their bills should they chose one of these ride share companies as their main source of income. The advertisements continue to insinuate that there is great money to be made working for these companies but we all know that this is all smoke and mirrors. Not only should they be brought up on false advertising charges, they should have ALL of their claims held up to public scrutiny. No one seems to be willing to take on a company that loses billions of dollar per year but has somehow managed to create a false since of value of 70 billion dollars. This nonsense needs to end and if there is a Union rep. willing to step up and take the reigns, I am willing to jump in and help them help us out of this scam that Uber calls a business.
This is why unions exist in the first place. Those who hate them have forgotten the alternative.

WonderLeeWoman

Someone was starting this I thought (forgot name but theres posts & he gave his phone number) I responded and called him but didn’t hear back..forgot about it till you said something. Agree nothin will change until we do something.

Punk in pink

Collecting bargaining is the only thing that gives us a chance of being heard.
Without it the only thing we'll ever hear is "If you don't like it, why don't you quit? You agreed to the low wages when you started."
The rates I agreed to when I started aren’t the same today... it was $1.10/mile back then. Not great, but better than what they are now. Did it state that they could change the rates at their discretion when we signed up? I don’t remember what all I signed amidst jumping through the hoops getting my tnc, drug test, and physical. :rolleyes:

itsablackmarket

Collecting bargaining is the only thing that gives us a chance of being heard.
Without it the only thing we'll ever hear is "If you don't like it, why don't you quit? You agreed to the low wages when you started."
There's no such thing as collective bargaining. Anything you attempt will just be used as an excuse to screw you even harder in more subtle ways. The only real way to beat this monster is to be very very rich and create a competing app. Here's a strategy, maybe offer RideAustin a buyout and go national. RideAustin gives drivers more and charges customers less, and their app works well. Uber/Lyft have been back in Austin for a year now, but they're still doing great.
F6A4CF4E-BC15-4B25-B2FB-8731E5FA9AE7.png

That was a screenshot from two weeks ago.

Tom B.

Or, quit driving. I did and haven't missed it. Have yet to hear from Uber asking why I don't drive any more. I'd really like to give someone an ear full. Haven't driven since May last year but I'm still active, go figure.

UsedToBeAPartner

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Or, quit driving. I did and haven't missed it. Have yet to hear from Uber asking why I don't drive any more. I'd really like to give someone an ear full. Haven't driven since May last year but I'm still active, go figure.
You will NEVER hear from Uber. They don't know who you are. They don't know that you quit driving. I am still an active driver but I haven't driven since last May (lucky me!). Even if Uber knew you had quit you still would not hear from them as they simply don't care. 3 new drivers signed up the day you quit.

tootsie

71271679-CE05-426D-AF89-A25D866A37D9.png
Uber has sent me emails in the past asking why I haven’t driven.

Last edited:

UsedToBeAPartner

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
No, some computer did. No human will see the answer and Uber simply doesn't care. Marketing info is good but it's just rolled into a million other responses. That's an odd format you show. Doesn't look like anything I have ever seen from Uber. Did that come from Lyft?

Ridesharingforyou

Yeah, while we're starving Uber is funding these self driving and flying car projects. That's where the $$$ are going. Let's eliminate the drivers that made Uber what is today. I'm for the union, 1 has no voice, but thousands can move a mountain.

tootsie

57329553-8298-48A6-B0B6-69FC4E7F71FB.png
No, some computer did. No human will see the answer and Uber simply doesn't care. Marketing info is good but it's just rolled into a million other responses. That's an odd format you show. Doesn't look like anything I have ever seen from Uber. Did that come from Lyft?
No, it’s from Uber as Lyft sends the attached when you haven’t driven for awhile. I’m assuming you don’t have a iPhone causing the format to appear weird. It’s a screen shot of my email.

Good point.

tootsie

Thanks. You are correct. I don't have an iPhone as I don't get the hype and I sure as hell would not pay the price.
I bought an android (free with new line) when I was doing Lyft and Uber at the same. HATED IT! I’ve been using the iPhone for 11 years.

Steven rivera

Sup folks im new here and Im new to uber in houston tx, id really like the best advice to at least clear $400+weekly is it possible(honest answers please no rude-asses ) i just want to maximize my potential. And where do i park when going to get a permit for tnc at the airport? Thanks bunches!!!