• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

I Hate This On-Demand Hell.

mizzrock

Seriously, the jerk who came up with "Let's have them use their own car, pay their own expenses, all with a smile like they're earning a net profit."

I can see teenagers doing this, mom and dad foot the gas bill and maintenance bill.

But not a grown adult with bills and car note and other expenses. It isn't realistic unless you work 12+ hours. Which some do and I don't see how they can do it!

Is that the trick with these jobs? Work back to back to back? Doesn't matter if you're sore or get constipated. Doesn't matter if you literally feel the car deteriorating.

I can't fathom retail jobs anymore I used to do it all the time and it's boring and there's no skills needed for them.

I want a real corporate job.

Anyway guys, see you in hell! (By that I mean on the streets chasing that dollar!)

Attachments

SEAL Team 5

Seriously, the jerk who came up with "Let's have them use their own car, pay their own expenses, all with a smile like they're earning
Livery has been around since the horse and stagecoach days. Can be a very profitable business. In fact, my livery drivers' average net is around $65,000. The ones with 60-70 hours a week is almost $100k. Can't help it if over 414,000 Americans want to do it for pennies a mile. I suppose they just don't know any better. Don't forget, Uber's only been in business about 7 years. They're the "New Kids on the Block".

Flarpy

Livery has been around since the horse and stagecoach days. Can be a very profitable business. In fact, my livery drivers' average net is around $65,000. The ones with 60-70 hours a week is almost $100k. Can't help it if over 414,000 Americans want to do it for pennies a mile. I suppose they just don't know any better. Don't forget, Uber's only been in business about 7 years. They're the "New Kids on the Block".
"The median annual Taxi Driver salary is $33,346, as of March 24, 2016, with a range usually between $27,698-$40,698."

Cab drivers have always made sh*t money. Which is why mostly broke immigrants do it.

Maybe some private limo drivers make more, but Uber/Lyft is hardly replicating that occupation.

Google "average cab driver income."

SEAL Team 5

"The median annual Taxi Driver salary is $33,346, as of March 24, 2016, with a range usually between $27,698-$40,698."

Cab drivers have always made sh*t money. Which is why mostly broke immigrants do it.

Maybe some private limo drivers make more, but Uber/Lyft is hardly replicating that occupation.

Google "average cab driver income."
Livery and taxi are completely different. Maybe like the cost of a ticket between going to a high school football game and an NFL game. My drivers have '14 & '15 full size SUV's. Uber started out in AZ in 2012 with only Uber Black @ $5.00 a mile. I do believe your figures are correct with taxi's, but don't forget this business (before Uber) use to be about 85% cash transactions. Very easy to hide cash money in this business.