1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

I hate picking up food from McDonald's

Discussion in 'UberEATS' started by feinburg, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Rickos69

Rickos69

Ditto, only I have just one that I emjoy going to.

dlearl476 likes this.
  2. dlearl476

dlearl476

I drove GH all this weekend, but decided I'd see what was happening on UE last night at 10:00. Got a ping to one McDs as soon as I logged on. The Libby is clised and after waiting 5 minutes in the drive up line, the worker tells me they don't have ice cream to make the chocolate shake on the order. As I'm driving away I get two guarantee delivery pings ($5, then $6) from the McDs I refuse to deal with. Turned off the app and went home. Made $258 driving GH in 16 hrs total.

3. iommirules

iommirules

Thats true GH tells me BEFORE i accept the restaurant, the customers location.....and most importantly....MY TOTAL TAKE including tip, something i get like one out of 10 deliveries on uber. (tips) Its Easy to make a business decision with GH, with uber its pot luck. Most the mcd's in my area are pretty quick but low fares (as with most fast food in general, hence the word "fast")....i only do uber when GH is slow, as far as Mcd....if i can do 3 in about an hour its worth it....i mean people gotta use their judgement, if you think your gonna get another order not long after you cancel one then cancel.....if not your sitting in your car not making **** playing with yourself....

dlearl476 likes this.
  4. feinburg

feinburg

The problem with GH is that you could get a $16 order but it's a 22 mile drive to it. Sometime the payout comes out the same with uber because you could do 2 to 3 orders that will add up to that anyway.

5. Rickos69

Rickos69

I totally disagree. I don't play with myself when I'm in my car!

6. iommirules

iommirules

That's simple, you know how far it is if it's to far you reject...with uber u NEED a long trip, otherwise you dont make squat

Ha ha...nor do I but u know they dont pay u for playing words with freinds or listening to the radio...unless with grubhub they will but u gotta be 90% acceptence,which is next to impossible if your workin more than a few hours

7. I just started UE today, and it's my first week doing Uber. I swear the ONLY place that I waited for the food today was at 3 McD's. Everywhere else was ready when I arrived. It was a joke and a ripoff. Lost 45 mins on a $2.50 run. I am guessing with the hyped up partnership between Uber/McDs that they don't care how crap the service is for drivers there. They got a huge deal worked out im sure for exclusive rights. I'll be canceling McDs order runs for now on.

8. nutzareus

nutzareus

Driving:
    UberX
    I would only accept UberEats at McDonald’s if I had to stop and use the bathroom. I wonder if drivers wash their hands doing delivery? Guess we’ll never know.....

9. dlearl476

dlearl476

You're new. You'll quickly learn which McDs to accept and which to decline. Some are fine. Some are atrocious.

You're in SLC right? Avoid the store on 7th East and 2/3 South like the plague. The stores on both 21st (Sugarhouse) 33rd South/Parleys are both great. As are most of the stores close to I-15 that I've been to. (Those freeway stores are generally efficient enough that you can even use the drive up if there isn't a line, and there rarely is).

IMO, that's always a good sign about whether a McDs is well run or not. If there's 10 cars in their drive up, it pretty much indicates they suck.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019