1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

I HATE FRONT SEAT PASSENGERS

Discussion in 'Advice' started by Steveyoungerthanmontana, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Rooster06

Rooster06 Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    My thoughts exactly! Almost word for word what I was going to type.

2. diehard88

diehard88 Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Amen.

front passenger seat is reserved for navigation equipment: tablets, books, documents, homework, flashlight, etc.

3. Adieu

Adieu Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    I think that's a skiddy front wheel drive only thing????

4. Adieu

Adieu Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Why the HELL are you UberX drivers using $25k new cars???

My GROSSLY OVERPRICED '11 select cost me $11.999 --- because I wanted a near-supercar toy that I could drive in a way that would scare the bejesus out of any uppity paxhole

My GROSSLY OVERPRICED '09 XL cost me $4.600 (only because I'm too vain to drive a 2005 van), and with a little TLC might actually make it onto Select too in the near future

....If I had $25k to spend on UberCars, I'd be in a good Select/XL with NO uberx ever... AND still have money enough left over for, oh, about 5 UberX eligible disposables.

5. Ultimate Warrior

Ultimate Warrior Active Member

Maybe you guys should look at insanity at other parts of the world...take a peek here and enjoy!
    www.sgcarmart.com

6. Adieu

Adieu Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Singapore dollar is 70 cents

....still a ton of costs and taxes in there, but just sayin

7. Adieu

Adieu Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    But yeah.... for example, the CUSTOMS DUTIES alone of legally importing an Escalade or Corvette into Russia would be $50-70k (they go by engine size, hence the choice of vehicles for eyepopping numbers)

Yeah even if used and cheap

Denmark, they have a 250% vehicle tax on top of the sticker price of ANYTHING that isn't a pickup truck... which makes for some companies doing the ODDEST conversions, such as this:

Screenshot_2017-01-12-09-09-05.png

Etc

8. RHutch187

RHutch187 Member

I always reach over and lock the front door when I pull up to pickup area. And when someone tries to get in the front I point to the backseat

Talcire likes this.
  9. Chauffeur_James

Chauffeur_James Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    I have no problems with someone sitting up front with me. My only pet peeve is when someone sits up front and is dead quiet. If your gonna be up front with me at least be able to carry out a conversation. It just feels so awkward to not say a word to a person sitting 1 foot from you

UberChix and Pseudo Doctor like this.
  10. Train_ozzy

Train_ozzy New Member

Just an FYI as UBER drivers despite what the customers want as with any taxi I have ever been in the final decision rests with the driver on whether or not you want a passenger in the front seat as well as the right to refuse or cease service if customer begins to be disrespectful or argue about your decision

11. goelpellc

goelpellc Active Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    As a rider, if my driver doesn't let me sit in the front, I cancel and report them to Uber. Trash in the front seat, McDonalds bag is also getting reported. I always tip my driver if they deserve it.

If your front seat is so precious to you, then you should advertise your car as a 1-3 pax. Oh wait, there is no such option.

12. Train_ozzy

Train_ozzy New Member

ATTN ALL UBER DRIVERS REMEMBER WE ARE NOT EMPLOYEES OF UBER ALL UBER DRIVER PARTNERS ARE INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICE AT ANY TIME FOR ANY REASON YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO HAVE EMPLOYEES UNDER YOU YOU ALSO HAVE THE RIGHT TO HAVE A NAVIGATOR DO NOT LET THEM TELL YOU OTHERWISE WE ARE TECHNICALLY UNDER DIFFERENT REGULATIONS AND RULES AS INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS DO NOT LET UBER TELL YOU OTHERWISE IF they DO CONTACT YOUR LOCAL LABOR BOARD OR BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU IMMEDIATELY UBER IS ALREADY FACING MULTIPLE LAWSUITS FOR THEIR LACK OR UNDERSTANDING THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN EMPLOYEES AND CONTRACTORS DO NOT LET THEM PUSH YOU AROUND THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME

13. pitflyer

pitflyer Member

I took my first Uber as a pax today in a long time. Couldn't sit in the front seat because the driver already had a pax. Wasn't pool. Apparently driver was older and his son was riding along with him to help him get started.

He was nice and loaded my bags into the trunk and out so I tipped (I guess for them both) but that's so problematic especially for airport rides. I gave them five star but who knows if they will get report d by the time their night is over.

14. Sgt_PaxHauler

Sgt_PaxHauler Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    When I'm a pax, I always get in the back passenger seat. Always. It's not meant to be "uppity", but to respect the feelings of drivers like the OP who need a bit more personal space and don't want the intrusion. It's not a cultural divide, as much as a personality type divide: introvert vs. extrovert. 40% of the general population (and 40% of the driver population) is going to be made up of introverts. Even if they don't say anything, they're likely to feel anxious and distracted if you hop in front and impose conversation on them. Although I've taken one UberX trip, I prefer to use apps with in-app tipping so I can make sure my fellow driver can get some extra comp w/o me having to make an ATM run. :) So, if you're an ATX area driver and you get me as a pax, please don't take it as an affront if I get in the back and keep to myself. I don't mind conversation..i just don't initiate conversations much.

As a driver, I don't mind pax sitting in either front or back on the passenger side, but prefer for pax to not sit behind me for security reasons. As far as conversations go, feel free to start one! It's always easier for me to talk when I already know what the pax wants to talk about.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  15. Kdatti

Kdatti New Member

Driving:
    UberX
    They are hiring you and your Uber cab, it's all about what they want as the customer at that point. Yes, I agree some of them are incredibly awkward and the ride feels 10 times longer than it is. At the end of the day, it's making that customer so excited and comfortable to be in an Uber that they never pay for a traditional cab again. It's the same reason I carry a bottle of febreeze with me. If they reeked and rode up front and I feel like I want to die, I febreeze the car and wait for another call. Customer service is the key.

16. Adieu

Adieu Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Padawans, you ALL scary

Both the misanthropes AND the brownnosers

17. diehard88

diehard88 Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    a customer hires your service to be transported from A to B...
    you are the captain of the mode of transportation.
    rule #1 is safety;
    rule #2 make sure rule #1 is enforced;
    rule #3 ..... the rest...

customer has gold;
    customer is king;
    customer is always right;
    my arse!

yes, a bit harsh, but I allow pax in front seat and my rate is 4.86...
    :)

18. Adieu

Adieu Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    How about you try earning some MONEY instead?

19. michael7227

michael7227 Active Member

I hate pax in front seat unless cute female. Two females got in front so far I think based on an "on the fly" assessment of my car then me. Both instances I'm sure they were attracted to both (cheap conceited brag here), one said "nice car" after 2 mins. The two dudes that jumped in front were dorky and one was out of towner who probably felt back seat was disrespectful.

It takes the ride from professional to friends. We're not friends...

20. diehard88

diehard88 Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    yes! money!

but after checking rules 1 and 2...... :)