1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

I HATE FRONT SEAT PASSENGERS

Discussion in 'Advice' started by Steveyoungerthanmontana, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Oscar Levant

Oscar Levant Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I'm just the opposite of you. I don't mind at all anyone who wants to sit in the front. It's like, to me, "what's your problem?".

2. Rico Ramz

Rico Ramz Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Most other people are nice and just want to have a good conversation.

3. Dakota1

Dakota1 Active Member

I dont like anyone directly behind me unless its 2 or more people

4. Steveyoungerthanmontana

Steveyoungerthanmontana Well-Known Member

I use to get a woman named Tina who called my company all the time for me. Then when I picked her up she would hassle me for a cheaper ride. One time I get a call from the hospital and they said that she said to call me to get her.

I get in the hospital and they say that she said I was her boyfriend. I just came to pick her up to make the five ten bucks I could get from her I said.

I left and then later she flagged me down after I wouldn't take her calls. The whole time in the backseat she's barking like a dog. Totally scared for my life. I take her to the hotel she lived at and never picked her up again.

Rico Ramz likes this.
  5. Fishchris

Fishchris Well-Known Member

It really makes me zero difference if they sit in the front or back... and also, i cant see any logical reason why it would bother anybody else either ???

But then again, i see people say it bugs them if the pax wants to talk.... Drivers get mad if they have to load somebodies luggage..... Etc, etc...

Geez, i dont know what kind of jobs you have had before ? (Apparently not with people) but the only thing that really bothers me, is the $hi++y pay !

Give me more money and I'll be even friendlier and more obliging than i already am !

6. JasonB

JasonB Well-Known Member

Bigger tip? You mean like $0 x 2?

Dannyboss likes this.
  7. Ubergirlzz

Ubergirlzz Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Interesting. I guess everyone's different. The way I look at it, when I'm "Ubering" it's still my car, BUT the pax can choose whether or not they want to sit in front or the back. Makes no never-mind to me. In fact, some pax are courteous enough to ask me what I prefer - them sitting in front or back. I just say "your choice" and those are the pax that always choose to sit up front with me.

I would say, 80% of the time, the pax just automatically sits in back, no questions asked. Which is fine, too.

One thing to consider with the "front seat" riders. Some folks out there get motion sickness when they sit in the back, they like to have a large window to look out of, and that's maybe why they choose to sit in the front. Of course, when you're UberX and you have 4 pax, one of them will have to sit up front, right?

karenftx likes this.
  8. Jufkii

Jufkii Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    .Pax coming out of Indian food restaurants sit in the back only.No exceptions. Only slightly more tolerable that way but at least my gag level isn't quite as bad.

twerkyo.....UBERRRRR and 2Peaks like this.
  9. 2Peaks

2Peaks Well-Known Member

"I don't care what you think about me. I don't think of you at all." (Coco Chanel)

10. 2Peaks

2Peaks Well-Known Member

"You either make yourself miserable, or you make yourself strong. The amount of work is the same. ". (Carlos Castaneda)

11. jp300h

jp300h Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    You forgot: "I know you are, but what am I?" (Pee Wee Herman) :p

occupant and Grahamcracker like this.
  12. Mb4birdie

Mb4birdie Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    If you have a problem with riders riding in the front seat rideshare is probably not for you!:D:p

13. DriverPsycho

DriverPsycho Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    LOL I don't think about u either :D I just see the replies against u everywhere...

twerkyo.....UBERRRRR likes this.
  14. Ivy25

Ivy25 New Member

I am all for personal space so I understand you. However, in this case, I feel safer to have the person up front where they can't sneak up behind me with ligatures to choke me.. LOL

15. Fishchris

Fishchris Well-Known Member

Epic !

16. UsedToBeAPartner

UsedToBeAPartner Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    You ABSOLUTELY should get out of this business. If you need your space then you could go get a job at Burger King and you will always have that space created by the counter to keep you comfortable. The difficult part of saying that this is what you should do is that in reality you would also likely make more money.

UberwithDan likes this.
  17. jonnyplastic

jonnyplastic Well-Known Member

When I pull up to a pax, I make sure I position my car in such a way that getting in anywhere but the back would be awkward. Get yo ass in the back!

18. fickey mitz

fickey mitz New Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Little advice- put a bunch of garbage on your front passenger seat and nobody will try to sit there. Even just an empty McDonalds bag does the trick. cheers.

19. twinwillow

twinwillow Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Given a choice, I'd rather they sit in front than directly behind me. I always remind them that there is more room on the right side because I keep the front passenger seat moved forward so they have a lot more leg room.
    Damned if they always say, "I'm OK here". You just can't win!

20. cakoo10

cakoo10 Active Member

You should be getting 1 stars for keeping trash in your car.