1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

I HATE FRONT SEAT PASSENGERS

Discussion in 'Advice' started by Steveyoungerthanmontana, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Steveyoungerthanmontana

Steveyoungerthanmontana Well-Known Member

This annoys me more than anything.

Nothing gets me enraged more than when a passenger insists on sitting in the front seat.
    I've even had a passenger pick up my books, and place them in my lap so he could sit in the front seat.

One time I was keeping my books there so that the passenger wouldn't get in the front seat, and he got in the back and complained the whole time that I was an LA driver, and out there in the inland empire they like to sit in the front seat.

One guy told me he likes to sit in the front seat because he likes to feel like he's friends with the driver.

The front seat is my personal space, and you are not my friend, so get in the backseat and pay me your two dollars. If you were my friend, you'd be paying me more.

Front seat passengers are the worst of the worst, get out of my personal space!!!!

2. ChortlingCrison

ChortlingCrison Well-Known Member

I'm not a big fan of front seat pax, unless it's someone I know. But if they insist on it, I'll allow it. I understand the annoyance, because I too don't like having to move my personal things from the front seat.

One trick I learned though, on occasion if you you're going to get someone you can't stand, put as much stuff on the front seat as you can, and that will discourage them from wanting to sit there.

Cathi and Brian G. like this.
  3. Trafficat

Trafficat Well-Known Member

Personally I prefer passengers to sit in the front seat. I can see more easily what they are doing and gauge their intentions better. And if they carry on a conversation it makes it easier.

My least favorite place for a single passenger to sit is in the seat directly behind me.

spelawi, Bettyfrost, TheUbah and 28 others like this.
  4. Trafficat

How do you know before they get in the car if you can't stand them? The only time I know if a passenger is going to be unpleasant in advance is if they are rude on the phone. If the pax is rude over the phone I cancel on them.

5. ChortlingCrison

Oh I forgot to mention, I'm referring to when driving a cab and not uber. Our company has our share of 'regulars", most lydecent people. So we might know in advance what to expect if we've had that pax before.

6. Trafficat

I see. I would pick up unpleasant people if ratings were not an issue.

twerkyo.....UBERRRRR likes this.
  7. Grahamcracker

Grahamcracker Well-Known Member

I understand where your coming from. I prefer people to sit in the back but I don't mad about it. I accept it and move on because I have better things to focus my anger and frustration on than a pax sitting in the front seat.

For instance, why the heck doesn't Uber allow tipping through the app?! That's what burns my beans. It's a freaking option, it's not like the pax feels the obligation once they leave the vehicle.

8. Jufkii

Jufkii Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Front or back, if they don't tip I hate em equally.Therefore I hate most of my passengers regardless of where they sit.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
  9. ChortlingCrison

Reminds me of that saying, "I'm not prejudiced, I hate all of them".

Adieu and Uberdoggy like this.
  10. Seahawk3

Seahawk3 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    i prefer a pax in the front. the last place i want them is right behind me. for safety and security of course. but also if a pax sits up front 5 star is most likely and it means a less uncomfortable ride as the pax is usually engaged in talk

11. DSB

DSB Member

Some people get motion sickness in the back seat - so, you want them to get in the front seat! :) I don't care if they sit in the front or the back, but, I don't want them to throw up.

Peanut hello likes this.
  12. Blackout 702

Blackout 702 Well-Known Member

You charge your friends for rides?

HereComesTrouble likes this.
  13. thepanttherlady

thepanttherlady Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Never discouraged me! :D I also never touched a driver's belongings either.

14. shiftydrake

shiftydrake Well-Known Member

I drive a taxi I put my front seat all the way forward and have things sitting there.......if someone opens psngr door I say "sorry insurance regs. Say less than 3 people must sit in the back"........no problem in 13 years

15. istravisthewizardofoz

istravisthewizardofoz Active Member

I can't stand passengers to ride in back. You guys are missing a chance at a bigger tip.

redrocketracer3, Gone Fishn' and DSB like this.
  16. Steveyoungerthanmontana

Steveyoungerthanmontana Well-Known Member

I'm surprised. I thought everyone wanted passengers in the back like me. To me it's just incredibly invasive. Learn something every day.

Cathi, MsRoc and popcollar2014 like this.
  17. The Ombudsman

The Ombudsman Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Make up a little sign that you stick on your passenger window: "No passengers in the front seat, please" or somesuch. Something visible that when someone approaches that door, they see it.

That said, when you get four passengers, you're gonna have to deal with it.

If you're inclined to get "enraged" over such a thing, though, I would recommend rethinking your source of income.

18. Brian G.

Brian G. Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    My front passenger seat is for me. I do have water jugs/trash on my front seat floor and random items of mine on my front seat. This usually gets the pax to sit in back if they see it. My response to someone who opens passengers door "sorry i have stuff here".

Cathi likes this.
  19. Grahamcracker

Grahamcracker Well-Known Member

What if they have 4 pax?

twerkyo.....UBERRRRR likes this.
  20. Seahawk3

Seahawk3 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX

man clean your car. i have everything i need in my glovebox or trunk no need for extra clutter on the floor or seat. thats a good way to get down starred and it is just disgusting. take pride in your car