I got two rides at once?

tacotime

So this weekend I got a ping around 1:45 a.m. on Sunday to pick up a group of girls leaving a frat party. Fine. I arrived, swiped to start the ride...and their destination is 40 feet away. I said something immediately and they told me their destination was supposed to be a local college campus about 10 miles south. I asked them to adjust their app (they were visibly drunk and I assumed hadn't put in the address correctly) but they showed it to me on a phone and it was correct. I didn't worry about it, just figured it was a glitch, and I knew where the college was so I started driving.
In about a minute I got a call from a guy who was looking for me and asked if I was waiting out front. I said, No, I have a group of passengers, I'm not your driver. He apologized and hung up. Same thing happened again a minute later. Meanwhile, the app still hadn't adjusted to the correct location. I dropped the girls off, swiped again to finish the ride, and immediately the app directed me BACK to where I had just left 10 miles away, to pick up "Jackson". So this was the guy who called me and had been waiting for me that I told I wasn't his driver.
Somehow Uber accepted two different rides for me and had the second passenger waiting the whole time. He never canceled (as he was probably drunk as well). I even confirmed with the girls that I had the right name. When I got back to the original pick-up location I tried canceling the ride and the app glitched, tried to send me to Massachusetts (I'm in Pennsylvania), and I had to close it out completely. WEIRD!
It's been glitching all week--freezing or stalling or closing sporadically--but this is the worst it's gotten. I'm just glad I got paid for the ride I did when the destination was never updated.

Taksomotor

I had a guy going to the current location no matter how many time he tried to update destination. He gave me his phone, I tried it myself, nope still keeps saying I have arrived. So I ended the ride as completed and he got charged for it, and I got $3.75 min fare for it. Then he created a new ride and I got a ping and accepted it. He said I could consider the fake ride his tip.

Drivincrazy

I recently had a double pax pickup...both parties trying to get in my car simultaneously...finally took the one on my phone...I saw me and my car were on both of their phones...

tacotime

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Pooooool.
We don't have pool in my area.
Post automatically merged:

I recently had a double pax pickup...both parties trying to get in my car simultaneously...finally took the one on my phone...I saw me and my car were on both of their phones...
I think the same thing happened to me! Except I only picked up one passenger.

That was my thought. He must have accidentally accepted a stack ride.
I don't think it could have been a stack ride, because those only come in when you've already set the drop-off and started the ride, right? It's possible though.

CJfrom619

Yes but its possibe since she set the destination for down the street that as soon as you started the trip they gave you a request that you might have accidentally hit. Im just trying to think of scenario.

FLKeys

About 3 months ago I had a similar thing happen. Received a ping, accepted it and started heading to them. The app was giving me directions to two different locations if different directions. I could only see one of the trips on the screen. I went to that one. When I started the trip it continued to give me directions to the other pick-up along with directions to drop current pax off. I ended up dropping them off and going and picking up the other pax who was clueless. Just wondered why it took so long. Weird things happen with the app.

ZenUber

We don't have pool in my area.

I think the same thing happened to me! Except I only picked up one passenger.

I don't think it could have been a stack ride, because those only come in when you've already set the drop-off and started the ride, right? It's possible though.
Maybe they just started pool in your area. Uber has a habit of not letting people know what’s going on. Maybe it was pool and you didn’t recognize it because you’ve never seen it before.

FLKeys

Maybe they just started pool in your area. Uber has a habit of not letting people know what’s going on. Maybe it was pool and you didn’t recognize it because you’ve never seen it before.
Just tried requesting a ride in his area, Pool did not come up as an option. $7.50 Min fare UberX ride.

ZenUber

Just tried requesting a ride in his area, Pool did not come up as an option. $7.50 Min fare UberX ride.
I have seen some crazy things in the app. And sometimes they happen only once. I had someone try to get in my car one night when I had no ride registered on the app, and I made them get out. Now I’m wondering if they didn’t actually have my car showing on their side, but I saw nothing on my side. I guess I should have asked to see their phone.