I got the 45 minute long trip flag.....

PrestonT

It was from Walnut and Las Vegas Blvd North to Mandalay Bay. 19 minutes by GPS. I never thought I would see the 45 minute flag unless it was to Pahrump, Indian Springs, or Primm. Or maybe Paiute Golf to Boulder City.

Anyone else gotten the 45 minute+ drive warning for a much shorter trip?

Morph4290vegas

Haven't got one of those pings yet. I have taken a fare from NYNY to Primm and that was only about 30mins. But with uber math it probably would be a 45min ping.

KJVegas

Received 2. One was laughable - picked up at Rio, the drop off was something like 600 hours away. didn't specify the actual location but if my map reading is accurate I think the drop off was Nova Scotia. They meant to have the drop off at the airport.

2nd one, Caesar's to flamingo/grand canyon. It took about 22 minutes to complete the ride. Not sure why the system felt this would take 45+ minutes

KenLV

I had a Lyft Line request from Encore to the Cali Border, yes, on Line (I was doing an hourly guarantee). (He wanted to go all the way to LA, but I guess Line won't let you leave the state?) This was Monday AM after EDC as rush hour traffic was starting. When the address came up I politely cancelled the ride and explained there was no way I was going to spend the next hour and a half++ in traffic for pennies.

He was nonplussed.

Didn't want to get out either. I put his luggage on the curb and told him I was leaving and he should probably stay with his bags. :/

Spider-Man

It's a dice roll . I've gotten 7x . And there all like normal longer rides ( 10+ miles ) only ONCE it told me the truth and it was to LA.

I had a Lyft Line request from Encore to the Cali Border, yes, on Line (I was doing an hourly guarantee). (He wanted to go all the way to LA, but I guess Line won't let you leave the state?) This was Monday AM after EDC as rush hour traffic was starting. When the address came up I politely cancelled the ride and explained there was no way I was going to spend the next hour and a half++ in traffic for pennies.

He was nonplussed.

Didn't want to get out either. I put his luggage on the curb and told him I was leaving and he should probably stay with his bags. :/
What would you have done if there was no luggage?

KenLV

What would you have done if there was no luggage?

And he continued to refuse to get out?

I'd threaten to down rate him! That'd do it! :smiles:

No?

Actually...

"GTFO or I'll have you removed."

Then call the cops if they don't get out. I've had to do it (threaten to call cops) before, I'm sure I'll have to do it again.

PrestonT

He was nonplussed.

Another way to get to Primm there is, young padawan.

PrestonT

Not all the way to searchlight. Trust me, you drive through nipton and meet 15 at the top of the hill south of the solar.

KenLV

I promise, I'm not trying to be argumentative, here. I'm really trying to understand...

I understand the route, but 95 hits 164 just north of SL, like just out of town. So you're driving nearly all the way there.

What am I missing?

upload_2017-9-27_18-43-55.png

PrestonT

Well you did it from encore, which makes it relatively even longer. From speedway it IS longer, but not to the extent it would be from encore which is already right by 15 past the spaghetti bowl.......I would never do this way unless it was a bad exodus day.....

And once you get on 164 at least to Nipton, there is no such thing as law enforcement.

Bonus, it's a longer mileage trip and you are driving fast making money instead of sitting in traffic making nothing.

ETA: In full disclosure, when I said 30 minutes longer, I wasn't considering that I've only taken it to get to Nixon, so there is another 20 minutes to get from Nixon to Primm.

PrestonT

Ahh, I didn't read that part. I saw EDC and wrongly got a picture of the speedway in my mind. I still might have told them I'll only take them the round way because of traffic, it's that or find another ride.

KenLV

I'll only take them the round way because of traffic, it's that or find another ride.

Was a Line ride (also in OP). Rider gets no say on which route I take; but I was working on hourly guarantees and would have been screwed financially on this ride no matter what route I took - especially with deadheading back. :/

reaperducer

Well you did it from encore, which makes it relatively even longer. From speedway it IS longer, but not to the extent it would be from encore which is already right by 15 past the spaghetti bowl.......I would never do this way unless it was a bad exodus day.....

And once you get on 164 at least to Nipton, there is no such thing as law enforcement.

Bonus, it's a longer mileage trip and you are driving fast making money instead of sitting in traffic making nothing.

ETA: In full disclosure, when I said 30 minutes longer, I wasn't considering that I've only taken it to get to Nixon, so there is another 20 minutes to get from Nixon to Primm.
I know that route! I once took a bus from downtown to L.A. As we were leaving, the driver came on the PA and announced that 15 was closed because of a bad crash, so he was going to take the long way around.

He must have made up the time later on because we were only about 15 minutes late arriving at Union Station.

LVcool

A couple of Sundays ago I got a 60 minutes + ping from the airport. I thought it might be to Boulder City or Laughlin so I accepted it. As I was on my way to the airport the lady called me and asked if I drove to LAX. It was in the heart of the sunday exodus so I was not in the mood to spend six plus hours on the road to get to LA and then another two to get to LAX so I declined. I’m sure someone else took the trip and made a pile of money.

TomH

I have had 3 requests for trips over 45 minutes. The one I accepted was from Henderson - Stephanie and Warm Springs to north Vegas in rush hour. It was 45 minutes plus.