• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

I got suit by another driver when on Uber trip.

mugupo

I thought this settled because I had a settlement from James that was completed over a year ago. So I was very surprised that the other driver is suiting me and he didn't mention anything about auto insurance claim in his lawsuit just said it was my fault that hit his car which is actually his fault but was hard to prove. At the time of the incident, we just exchange insurance information and I never said and was my fault at all and was not written of any kind and there was no police report just picture of each other vehicle. My vehicle receives most of the damage that hit my front left wheel side of the vehicle and wasn't serious or need medical treatment and he was totally fine and his car has very little damage.

I not sure whether he had filed a claim against my insurance but most likely yes since he wait till after a year before he suits me. I gonna contact to the Uber insurance company but what happened if they refuse to represent me, should I seek my own attorney and suit uber for not protecting me.
Post automatically merged:

Last edited:

scatman

The insurance company that represented you before is obligated to represent you until the case is completely settled. What are you being sued for? Injuries?

Sideslippy

What stage of being sued are you in?
Is it the driver individually suing you or did they get an attorney?

I had a DMV report pulled once by a PAX's attorney. Their plan was to sue me I guess, but one phone call is all I ever heard from these people.

If you have records of accident, like police report, invoices for repair, proof of insurance, etc. Get all of that together and you should be at least prepared for providing relevant information if asked for anything.

mugupo

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
For damage of his car and injury that exceed 25k and is hired by the attorney since the settlement is written by the attorney. There was no police report and I never heard any reply from the case from the insurance and as I said earlier got a settlement small payment from the Uber insurance company that's all. My suspicion is that they somehow got hold of my financial record and try to get more money from the insurance settlement, I gonna talk to an insurance company soon to find out exactly what happens. I was too new of Uber driver that time so I give them my personal insurance company that time but I did quickly had told my insurance company and the uber insurance company and I also had given them the other party insurance information to uber insurance company so they should had aware of it. Unless my insurance and Uber company never contact them and denied the report might also the reason.

The insurance company that represented you before is obligated to represent you until the case is completely settled. What are you being sued for? Injuries?

Phoenix123

For damage of his car and injury that exceed 25k and is hired by the attorney since the settlement is written by the attorney. There was no police report and I never heard any reply from the case from the insurance and as I said earlier got a settlement small payment from the Uber insurance company that's all. My suspicion is that they somehow got hold of my financial record and try to get more money from the insurance settlement, I gonna talk to an insurance company soon to find out exactly what happens. I was too new of Uber driver that time so I give them my personal insurance company that time but I did quickly had told my insurance company and the uber insurance company and I also had given them the other party insurance information to uber insurance company so they should had aware of it. Unless my insurance and Uber company never contact them and denied the report might also the reason.
So James River will represent the claim from start to finish.

James River might have low balled the other party and only paid for the car damages and then left nothing for personal injury.

I have sued a driver who had car insurance for this same reason.

His insurance company only paid for my car and did not pay in pain and suffering.

I sued him got a judgment & the his insurance company paid me the money from the lawsuit. That was the end of the case, but I did have to sue the driver, not the insurance company (small claims court)

James River is responsible if it was your fault

If they found fault 50/50, you will need to counter sue.

It’s best you talk to an Attorney As Soon As Possible

mugupo

So James River will represent the claim from start to finish.

James River might have low balled the other party and only paid for the car damages and then left nothing for personal injury.

I have sued a driver who had car insurance for this same reason.

His insurance company only paid for my car and did not pay in pain and suffering.

I sued him got a judgment & the his insurance company paid me the money from the lawsuit. That was the end of the case, but I did have to sue the driver, not the insurance company (small claims court)

James River is responsible if it was your fault

If they found fault 50/50, you will need to counter sue.

It’s best you talk to an Attorney As Soon As Possible

Yeah, I think that's most likely the case that James River low ball him, I only got little from the settlement and wasn't enough to repair my car.

mugupo

I really don't know why he didn't just sued his insurance company for the failed insurance settlement, sued me is such big gamble against me.

I probably should talk to outside attorney for their opinion and it would had devastated if I had loss the case.

Last edited:

Subjugator

Don't give up your asset information and handle it with your insurance. You may get death threats and random b.s. like ppl showing up at your home, just make sure to keep a record of it all cuz they shouldn't be harassing like that. And no u don't have to give up personal assets for this kind of law suit. Usually once it goes to court that's when the insurance defense lawyers start doing anything. Before that they will just Harras u about it.

If it's injury related the case has statue limitation of like 2 years. So 23 months before closing case if he feels he hurt then he can still file a claim. Not all injuries are known right away. It sounds like you rear ended him too. If no police report but there's pics of the damage and his car barely scratched they won't win anything.

I had this with my insurance they told me the other party claimed injuries bit didn't give my insurance pics. So I was like ok here's pics no damage to other car. That dropped down their claim real quick.

mugupo

Don't give up your asset information and handle it with your insurance. You may get death threats and random b.s. like ppl showing up at your home, just make sure to keep a record of it all cuz they shouldn't be harassing like that. And no u don't have to give up personal assets for this kind of law suit. Usually once it goes to court that's when the insurance defense lawyers start doing anything. Before that they will just Harras u about it.

If it's injury related the case has statue limitation of like 2 years. So 23 months before closing case if he feels he hurt then he can still file a claim. Not all injuries are known right away. It sounds like you rear ended him too. If no police report but there's pics of the damage and his car barely scratched they won't win anything.

I had this with my insurance they told me the other party claimed injuries bit didn't give my insurance pics. So I was like ok here's pics no damage to other car. That dropped down their claim real quick.

There was very little damage in his car, it was only like a front bumper loose. He hit my car and my car still in my lane but he claim i make a left u turn. My car suffer body damage near the front left tire. It was obviously I had more damage than him and I had passager in my car that time. I suprised he got to gut to suit me and since the passanger can also suit him too. This was such long time ago and not sure Uber would reach out to the passager and would definitely help me in my defense. If I remember why that he was a bit of nervous when he find out that there's was another passanger in my car.

km727

I had a guy t bone me and run me into a pole. Both sides of car totalled, he left before police could show up. Police told me, which I now know was a lazy af officer lying to avoid paperwork, told me that if no one was injured, no police report necessary.

Somehow miraculously the insurance found ME at fault and said that this solo driver claimed to have had a passenger (lie) and they both were injured. I informed AND sent them copy of the text messages where this driver states definitively he was by himself, and mention that *I* have a passenger who will testify otherwise. They didnt care 1 bit and just said since my passenger is family their testimony doesn't count.

Some BS

Last edited:

Breezze

There was very little damage in his car, it was only like a front bumper loose. He hit my car and my car still in my lane but he claim i make a left u turn. My car suffer body damage near the front left tire. It was obviously I had more damage than him and I had passager in my car that time. I suprised he got to gut to suit me and since the passanger can also suit him too. This was such long time ago and not sure Uber would reach out to the passager and would definitely help me in my defense. If I remember why that he was a bit of nervous when he find out that there's was another passanger in my car.
Since you are on a trip and have riders, James River is responsible as primary coverage ... the liability insurance is designed to act as the primary coverage from the time you accept a ride request until the time the ride has ended in the app.... If the other party is suing you, the policy has a $1,000,000 per accident limit.

mugupo

Since you are on a trip and have riders, James River is responsible as primary coverage ... the liability insurance is designed to act as the primary coverage from the time you accept a ride request until the time the ride has ended in the app.... If the other party is suing you, the policy has a $1,000,000 per accident limit.
I don't know who give him advice to suit me and since he has my driver license info and show the city I lived which is blue collar and is not live in Beverly Hill etc.. Chance of him win the case is such long shot and almost sound like he was drinking too much tequila to make that decision.

Last edited:

Korean Ant

When I was young,dumb, full of cum...
A tow truck made an illegal turn n hit my car.
We pulled over n this guy got on his knees n started crying, begging me that if i report this accident, he will be fired n started showing me photos of her daughter who had down syndrome n that hes the sole provider of the house n needs money for her hospital blah blah blah...
I told the guy, my deductible is 1000$. Give me $1000 rn n ill jst fix my car on my own.
He called his wife, got the 1000$ n brought it n we went our separate ways....

About 6 months later, this @@@@ sued me. N by that time no lawyer or even my own insurance wouldnt believe a thing i say....their thing was, if it wasnt my fault i would of reported it n that im lying...
All in all, i ended up paying up close to 10k.
After that incident, every time i get into an accident, i automatically get me a lawyer..
Its a dog eat dog world. Its u vs every1. F em. ?

scatman

When I was young,dumb, full of cum...
A tow truck made an illegal turn n hit my car.
We pulled over n this guy got on his knees n started crying, begging me that if i report this accident, he will be fired n started showing me photos of her daughter who had down syndrome n that hes the sole provider of the house n needs money for her hospital blah blah blah...
I told the guy, my deductible is 1000$. Give me $1000 rn n ill jst fix my car on my own.
He called his wife, got the 1000$ n brought it n we went our separate ways....

About 6 months later, this @@@@ sued me. N by that time no lawyer or even my own insurance wouldnt believe a thing i say....their thing was, if it wasnt my fault i would of reported it n that im lying...
All in all, i ended up paying up close to 10k.
After that incident, every time i get into an accident, i automatically get me a lawyer..
Its a dog eat dog world. Its u vs every1. F em. ?
First of all, I would never trust someone who cried and got on his knees after a minor accident.
You're lucky you didn't get in trouble for insurance fraud. Your insurance company paid for repairs that his insurance company was actually responsible for. You basically committed a crime by claiming a hit and run when that never occurred.