I Got Stabbed Driving

Zokipoki

pickup at scarboro town center. it's a girls name but a guy came in, he jumps in the front seat with me.

this was daytime call.

he is going to jane and wilson sheridan mall.

on our way he says he needs to go to jane and finch to pick something up before we go there. I tell him to change the address.

he tells me that it's his girlfriends account and he can't change it.

i get off at keele and 401 and tell him im taking him to jane and wilson because I have another pickup there.

he starts going through his pocket and takes out a small switch blade. he asks me if im ready to go to war. i laugh it off and told him i was born in war.

i get to sheridan mall and as he tries to get out of car he takes my phone from the holder and tries to leave my car. i grab his left hand and with his right hand he stabs me in the forearm. i take my dog repellent from my driver side door panel and spray him and myself with pepper spray. he starts yelling and screaming and i take the phone from him and drive off after a couple kicks to his head outside of car.

i call cops and report to uber.

paramedics came and i left my car at the mall and they took me to humber river hospital where i got 11 stiches on my arm. the cop put a tourniquet on my forearm because i was bleeding quite a bit. cops told me i cant use pepper spray and i told them it was for dog but i used it in self defense. they let me go and told me to give them the dog reppelent. i gave it to them and then after supervisor came supervisor gave it back to me and said as long as i don't carry it for self defense against humans i am allowed to carry it with me.

uber copy/past reply that they will not match me with rider again.

uberpoolfool

pickup at scarboro town center. it's a girls name but a guy came in, he jumps in the front seat with me.

this was daytime call.

on our way he says he needs to go to jane and finch to pick something up before we go there. I tell him to change the address.

i get off at keele and 401 and tell him im taking him to jane and wilson because I have another pickup there.

he starts going through his pocket and takes out a small switch blade. he asks me if im ready to go to war. i laugh it off and told him i was born in war.

i get to sheridan mall and as he tries to get out of car he takes my phone from the holder and tries to leave my car. i grab his left hand and with his right hand he stabs me in the forearm. i take my dog repellent from my driver side door panel and spray him and myself with pepper spray. he starts yelling and screaming and i take the phone from him and drive off after a couple kicks to his head outside of car.

paramedics came and i left my car at the mall and they took me to humber river hospital where i got 11 stiches on my arm. the cop put a tourniquet on my forearm because i was bleeding quite a bit. cops told me i cant use pepper spray and i told them it was for dog but i used it in self defense. they let me go and told me to give them the dog reppelent. i gave it to them and then after supervisor came supervisor gave it back to me and said as long as i don't carry it for self defense against humans i am allowed to carry it with me.

Did you have a rear facing dashcam?. I'm sure you did not because ever since I started using my dashcam facing backwards, no pax ever dares to say even a word...

Zokipoki

Did you have a rear facing dashcam?. I'm sure you did not because ever since I started using my dashcam facing backwards, no pax ever dares to say even a word...

I have a front facing dash cam but most of the audio was muffled by the windows open driving. you can hear some of our convo but not much. I did give the cops the audio but it does no good.

they did not catch him but he's probably gonna get shot in the hood one of these days anyways.

the whole ride i had that gut feeling something is wrong, i;ve had that feeling before with riders, but this one was a bit different. he even slapped my dash and hand while we were chatting like he was my friend. really not the best of rides. he may have been coked up or something, really odd young character.

autofill

this was daytime call.

You won't get matched to his girlfriend not him. You still might get him if he create an account.

UberSmash79

Damn that's harsh, glad to read that you're ok at least and that you were able to fight him off.

Uber's response is pathetic. What an absolute joke.

Harry70

this was daytime call.

Sorry for that . Hope you recover from trauma . Wish you gl

EddyStone

Holy darshit, you got stabbed driving for Uber, this could not have been me because I would be in jail for parking my car on this fool. Sorry this happened to you, and even more sorry to hear this response from Uber, you need some compensation from this, there has to be some way. Escalate this, get a lawyer, SOMETHING.

MUGATS

That's brutal. I feel your pain. You got it worse than me.

Glad you got away without serious injury.

Don't expect much from Uber. They don't care. They say they will investigate but they won't ever tell you the outcome.
They will pretend they care and promise all kind of follow up.... But they won't.

I know from experience.

PapaPaul

Is there an investigation by the police where they obtain rider information from uber and pursue the culprit? This guy is a risk and will harm again if given an opportunity. I believe 11 stitches is aggravated assault.

I would definitely consult with uber again regarding the rider. Them not matching him/her with you isn't enough. They should not be matched with ANYONE! Out right ban is necessary in my opinion. Would you mind sharing with us the rider's name for sake of safety of rest of the drivers out there?

UberTrader

A little politics and patience would probably make everything works out in your favor. A ride can be easily dangerous if you get the wrong guy and this was the case. I ask you this: was it worth it? maybe you could be better off not arguing with him and stop over at his request and change the address yourself on the app so you would avoid all trouble...but anyhow, wish you quick recovery, be careful out there...