I Got Scammed

CSmacks

Wassup Everyone,

I feel so damn stupid this morning. Last night around 1AM I got the scammed by the Uber Phishing.

I should've/do know better than to give information over the phone. But when you've been down on your luck like I have, you become desperate and an extra $200 didn't sound so bad.

But I realized I was scammed because my banking info was changed. I changed it back and changed my password.

Will Uber still send the money to the scammer bank account or do you think I change my info in time to get my money on Wednesday?

Sincerely,

The Dumbass/Donkey of the Year

SMFH

Bman1974

Call them on the app to verify uber didn't send it to wrong bank account. They can cancel the bank wire.

CSmacks

Call them on the app to verify uber didn't send it to wrong bank account. They can cancel the bank wire.

Thanks for the Info bro. I called them and they said that the money should be deposited into my account I changed it back to.

All I can do now is pray and hope I get my money Wednesday.

These are the numbers they called and texted from for my fellow Driver...

+1 (312) 818-5591

+1 (585) 228-6531

CSmacks

I'm too embarrassed to say cuz I know better but they asked for email and password. I felt something was wrong when they asked but like I said I been down on my luck financially and an extra $200 would've helped me out but still no excuse to give out personal information.

I believe I got it resolved with Uber I called twice and they verified that my weekly earnings amount will be sent to my bank.

leroy jenkins

no company (your bank, Uber, etc) will ever call you out of the blue cuz it takes too much time and money to use humans for customer/HR support.

Talking to a human being on a cold call? 99.5% chance that it's a scam or a telemarketer.

qiaoxiaopang

Wassup Everyone,

I feel so damn stupid this morning. Last night around 1AM I got the scammed by the Uber Phishing.

I should've/do know better than to give information over the phone. But when you've been down on your luck like I have, you become desperate and an extra $200 didn't sound so bad.

But I realized I was scammed because my banking info was changed. I changed it back and changed my password.

Will Uber still send the money to the scammer bank account or do you think I change my info in time to get my money on Wednesday?

Sincerely,

SMFH

It would be very helpful to all of us to know what you are referring to as "Uber Phishing" in the introduction of your topic that way we are all not bouncing around looking at every thread in the post. :rolleyes: Anyway, I see what you wrote about the e-mail/ password.

Speaking as an IT professional , never give out your PASSWORD!

In other words, what info. did you give over the phone that way fellow Uber Goobers know what to spot. I've been called by Uber and asking me to enter my phone number which I did not.

CSmacks

It would be very helpful to all of us to know what you are referring to as "Uber Phishing" in the introduction of your topic that way we are all not bouncing around looking at every thread in the post. :rolleyes: Anyway, I see what you wrote about the e-mail/ password.

Speaking as an IT professional , never give out your PASSWORD!

In other words, what info. did you give over the phone that way fellow Uber Goobers know what to spot. I've been called by Uber and asking me to enter my phone number which I did not.

I see Reading is not fundamental or required by an "IT professional" because I clearly stated Uber Phishing in my first sentence

mags2K

I'm too embarrassed to say cuz I know better but they asked for email and password. I felt something was wrong when they asked but like I said I been down on my luck financially and an extra $200 would've helped me out but still no excuse to give out personal information.

I believe I got it resolved with Uber I called twice and they verified that my weekly earnings amount will be sent to my bank.

Glad you caught this in time and changed your bank info to your own.
I hope you changed your email / email password as well - so the scammers can't try to change your bank info again.
Also, it is a very good idea to turn on 2-Factor authentication if you haven't already.
And, if you are on Google Mail you should turn it on and get the Google Authenticator : https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/1066447?co=GENIE.Platform=Android&hl=en
Then, email could be accessed only with the password and the unique code that is sent to the attached phone each time.

qiaoxiaopang

I see Reading is not fundamental or required by an "IT professional" because I clearly stated Uber Phishing in my first sentence
lol You are funny. Yet you are the one that got scammed. Talk about funny. Anyway, phishing comes in all sorts of ways dumb ass.

CSmacks

lol You are funny. Yet you are the one that got scammed. Talk about funny. Anyway, phishing comes in all sorts of ways dumb ass.

Don't get mad cuz you didn't read the post but was quick to reply. All bark no bite

Glad you caught this in time and changed your bank info to your own.
I hope you changed your email / email password as well - so the scammers can't try to change your bank info again.
Also, it is a very good idea to turn on 2-Factor authentication if you haven't already.
And, if you are on Google Mail you should turn it on and get the Google Authenticator : https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/1066447?co=GENIE.Platform=Android&hl=en
Then, email could be accessed only with the password and the unique code that is sent to the attached phone each time.

Thanks for the recommendation

qiaoxiaopang

Wassup Everyone,

Sincerely,

SMFH

You noob. I'm not mad. I just read your intro and conslusion because the rest main no sense seeing that you were dumb enough to give out your password

Wassup Everyone,

Sincerely,

SMFH
Thought I'd dedicate this song to you seeing how noobish you are.

CSmacks

You noob. I'm not mad. I just read your intro and conslusion because the rest main no sense seeing that you were dumb enough to give out your password

Say the person you took the time to search for a YouTube video to post and uses the word Noob

Dude you calling me dumb is not going to do anything I already made the conclusion that I was dumb for doing so what's your point?

Oh your point is to keep talking shit thru a forum because no one knows who you really are. Cuz if they did they'll catch yo ass lacking at the Ohare Pit

qiaoxiaopang

Say the person you took the time to search for a YouTube video to post and uses the word Noob

Dude you calling me dumb is not going to do anything I already made the conclusion that I was dumb for doing so what's your point?

Oh your point is to keep talking shit thru a forum because no one knows who you really are. Cuz if they did they'll catch yo ass lacking at the Ohare Pit

You noob. Go back to your corner.

Lol, never been to the pit yet.

isosconfig

I can overlook title, did think it was a passenger scam....but you have to be dumb like dirt like me for that. And my takeway was the premise....you were going to get 200--how? The 2 bills you slave for ....or additional? Anyway, Although its a special kinda stupid to give random caller email AND password. I think we all do stupid every day. Glad it worked out. Dont make decisions when you are exhausted.