1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

I got deactivated from lyft for too many cancellations

Discussion in 'Lyft' started by Reynob Moore, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Reynob Moore

Reynob Moore

Driving:
    UberX
    1700 lifetime rides. Always well above 4.8 rating. They deactivated me today after a few warnings for cancelling too many rides. The reason I cancelled was they were too far away.

Is there any chance of getting reactivated?

Heres the email I received.

We take driver cancellations seriously. We've noticed that you've continued to cancel rides frequently.

Passengers rely on Lyft to provide a dependable service, and it's important that we're here for them. We've reached out to you several times about your excessive ride cancellations; because the problem has continued, we've had to deactivate your driver account to help keep our platform running smoothly.

You'll still be able to use Lyft as a passenger, and we'll be in touch if you're able to rejoin the community as a driver. Thanks for your contributions to Lyft San Francisco.

Thanks,
    The Lyft Team

2. Why are you accepting ??? check in at the hub and plead , promise not to do it again.

I stopped switching on lyft all together in SF cause if I take a ping that ends up being in a weird ticket magnet area , I can’t cancel :(

So now I only do lyft in the north bay , events and sfo otherwise I never switch it on.

3. Reynob Moore

Reynob Moore

Driving:
    UberX
    A lot of times when you accept it indicates its close. Then after accepting you see how far away they really are.

Anyway where is the lyft hub and could showing up there and stating my case possibly be effective?

Mista T and Dice Man like this.
  4. The Lyft Driver hub in SF is at 2300 26th street, there is one in Oakland too..

The fact that they left it open and didn’t say that it was final probably means that they will give you a second chance, I have seen a few drivers get one...but in the future, it is better to not accept at all instead of accepting and then cancelling. Good luck dude!

Bpr2 likes this.
  5. Uber's Guber

Uber's Guber

Driving:
    UberX
    Lucky you! You can still play your cancel game, from the other side of the aisle! :D

6. usually i get pings they are dead on or only 1 or 2 minutes off there eta. i have to support lyft on this. sounds like you were warned many times.

disp350, dogmeat and IthurstwhenIP like this.
  7. Are you on android ? I haven’t had that problem in a long time , I have an iPhone .

Dice Man likes this.
  8. Dice Man

Dice Man

Driving:
    UberX
    I don't accept Pings more than 4 minutes away with Lyft, for this reason.
    Go to the hub.

iPhone here, I noticed that Lyft 4 minutes = Uber 6 minutes. (About)

Mista T and dogmeat like this.
  9. Jo3030

Jo3030 Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    Go to hub and ask for forgiveness
    They usually give 1 chance if you are nice enough and point to your good ratings, etc
    I don't expect them to give you a chance after 2nd time tho.

Dice Man and IthurstwhenIP like this.
  10. Woohaa

Woohaa

Waste your time by going to the hub if you want to but that's a wrap son. Lyft already gave you several warnings. Your reply? "Screw you Lyft! My ride, my rules." And you kept cancelling, which you were free to do.

The thing with freedom is that it doesn't mean free from consequences. You were free to cancel. Lyft was free to deactivate you. Everyone got what they wanted.

MHR and IthurstwhenIP like this.
  11. LoveBC

LoveBC

Driving:
    UberSUV
    Never need to cancel. Force quit app and wait five min. Let pax cancel or system will redispatch for you.

12. Hmmm, how do you force quit the app after accepting?

13. Independent contractors are allowed to decline jobs that would not be in their best interest. File for unemployment immediately — you’re bejng treated like an employee.

ImmerUber, METRO3 and upyouruber like this.
  14. wicked

wicked

Honestly, file for UE insurance against them. They treated you like an employee by utilizing progressive discipline and making you acknowledge warnings.

ImmerUber, Ms.Doe and Trump Economics like this.
  15. guys hes ****ed. lets say he was a private contractor for thehomedepot .
    he is expose to put windows in. he tells the customers he is on the way.
    then cancels the job its to far to drive.
    and does it again and again, pissing off customers .
    homedepot will just stop giving him jobs to do. your ****ed. i still do not understand the stupidity that was going through your brain when you kept canceling. why accept the job then cancel? what were you thinking?

AgentSmith, dogmeat and Uber's Guber like this.
  16. Rat

Rat

He didn’t decline the gigs, he cancelled them

Jayleno66, Uber's Guber and wk1102 like this.
  17. I agree, but we’re not getting the entire story. You don’t accept a call to simply cancel it, unless you’re trying to provoke Lyft by getting the passenger’s hopes up, followed by JUST KIDDING. I’m guessing this driver cancelled after learning of the destination. And if that’s the case, you should be allowed to cancel because the “destination” isn’t in your best interest (constitutes a financial loss, less than minimum-wage for the hour, etc.).

Either way, Lyft is going, “We make the rules, we decide on how many cancellations you can have, etc.” and that’s acting like an employer.

For an independent contractor relationship to exist — pertinent to this matter — they would need to say, “Hey, driver. How many cancellations are you allocating yourself a day? If you and I can agree on a number, we can form a contract for your services.”

Also, this thread could just be Lyft...

They routinely plant fake stories on this site in order to scare drivers into doing what they want.

Skepticaldriver and ImmerUber like this.
  18. Haha they deactivate for that too ! Wait for the warnings telling you to stop quitting the app.

Dice Man likes this.
  19. Dice Man

Dice Man

Driving:
    UberX
    With both Uber and Lyft, you can do some tricks, but do them as little as you can, like once every 2 weeks, when you get a warning letter, stop tricks for one month. And so on...........!

20. Reynob Moore

Reynob Moore

Driving:
    UberX
    Theoretically could I just make more money by doing JUST UBER full time anyway? This way I would probably hit the bonuses and maybe uber is busier anyway.

ImmerUber likes this.