I got a time out

DriverX

Accept it, sit and don't move. Makes pax cancel. Also if they call you, don't answer. Collect $4
Its solid advice until your in a 20 minute stalemate or the dumbass forgets he ordered an uber anyway. keep skipping these, ride out the timeout or go offline until the surge is hgher since you know its going up you shouldn't be online for 1.3X, wait for 2X so you can avoid that crap. The cancels are worse than the skips for deactivation reasons.

kes1981

Just text them and tell them that you are 35 minutes away. If they don't want to wait that long they can cancel and request a closer driver. Works every time.

saucy05

If you decline two requests consecutively you get a 4 min timeout?!? that is ridiculous. They are treating us like kids or something. If I had a Lyft account I would put Uber in a timeout for the whole day.

UberIsAllFubared

I'm pretty sure uber has been playing games with the surges the last couple of days too. I have been right in the middle of a sea of RED yesterday and today, and somehow I get pings in the sea of red area that don't have a surge... I think uber is just baiting us with the red surges hoping we are stupid enough to accept the rides.

Tedgey

Its solid advice until your in a 20 minute stalemate or the dumbass forgets he ordered an uber anyway. keep skipping these, ride out the timeout or go offline until the surge is hgher since you know its going up you shouldn't be online for 1.3X, wait for 2X so you can avoid that crap. The cancels are worse than the skips for deactivation reasons.
Yeah. I don't like this advice either. Just take the 4 minutes to reposition your ride to a more advantageous place, move your legs a little bit, read a few chapters from your Kindle (!), etc. The passenger will take way longer than 4 minutes to cancel and it causes more hard feelings than its worth.