• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

I got a call from Uber ....

JohnF

On Feb 17, 2016 1:00 pm (ish) I got a call from an Uber rep. This young guy said we noticed that you haven't logged on for over a month and was wondering if everything was okay. I replied that everything was just peachy. He then asked, "So why haven't you been driving". My response was "Well ever since rates were dropped I have decided not to drive." Then he goes to tell me that drivers are making more money by going online. I ask him how so? He went on to tell me there are more riders so more chances to make money. I asked him how was that? he told me that the wait between drives was greatly minimized. So then I ask him if he happened to know what a business plan was? I then went on to educate him. If I wanted to make $40k a year I would have to drive approximately 40,000 miles. Under the new rates I would have to drive 55,000 miles. Then I went on to tell him to drive 55,000 miles is A LOT longer than it takes to drive 40,000 miles. so in short I would need to work more hours and put more miles on my truck to make the same money. So how was I going to make more money? Then he goes Right, I understand. I countered, "You do? then would you agree that it's unfair to ask me to come back to drive". Then he says "But the wait between rides are minimized and that means more opportunities to earn". He went back to his talking points. Then he told me but there are huge surges. I said there are surges because there are a shortage of drivers and that is why you are contacting me. He admitted there was a shortage of drivers in Houston. I told him when rates go back to 1.10 per mile I would think about it. He said he would take feedback up the food chain. I told him not to bother because they already have feedback from social media. He was a really nice guy carrying a losing message. I would have given him 5 stars for not slamming the phone down. lol

Last edited:

MakeMoreCash

Good job JohnF.Wow They must be really desperate to add new drivers.Uber people who work in Support Center must know Uber is going down the Sh#tHole slowly.Those at Uber Headquarter are will realize when its too late.Uber may be winning short term battle but in the long run they will lose the Rideshare War.Uber is playing with peoples lives and dignity.We Drivers will not forget that.We did not sign for .87/ mile, I signed for $1.65/ mile and weekend guarantees.Such a SHAM.Uber just knows how to run an App,they are really clueless about running Business in the Real World.

tripAces

I haven't driven in almost a month. Don't feel like it either. I got my email letter already asking why I haven't driven. I guess they will call me next.
Fuber was to me what it was. A transition and now I have no desire to drive or use it. I already have friends refusing to use Uber since I told them the truth about Uber and how they purposely tell everyone very little to create a hostel work environment for driver's. And steal money from rider's with wording like "safe rider fee" that has now been changed to "booking fee". And as a added kicker I let them know that Uber fights hard against regualtion so they can have anybody drive for them.
Thank God COH is regulated like it is.

MakeMoreCash

I haven't driven in almost a month. Don't feel like it either. I got my email letter already asking why I haven't driven. I guess they will call me next.
Fuber was to me what it was. A transition and now I have no desire to drive or use it. I already have friends refusing to use Uber since I told them the truth about Uber and how they purposely tell everyone very little to create a hostel work environment for driver's. And steal money from rider's with wording like "safe rider fee" that has now been changed to "booking fee". And as a added kicker I let them know that Uber fights hard against regualtion so they can have anybody drive for them.
Thank God COH is regulated like it is.
Uber was/is Wolf in Sheep's cloth it took us drivers a while to find out better late than never,I guess.Just like here Uber driver's been buying new cars in high interest loans in Many Indian cities in hopes of making good money but just like here Uber has been ruining peoples financial lives everywhere in the World.