I give up! Kmiles now offers water and gum...

Kmiles

After a year of being on the Uber platform and more than 3k trips... I have been beaten down into offering water to min fare pax, since they seem to be the only ones interested in asking for free water.

Since the lower rates my star ratings have plummeted from an average 4.81 to 4.72 and Uber is now sending me emails threatening my access to Select. With only 1 in 25 - 30 fares being Select, it's obvious the X pax are rating me low. Why? I have absolutely no clue and Uber answer is to give them MORE!

Do you guys think my ratings will increase?

_20160723_183758.JPG

And I'll let you guys know when I start opening doors...

Beur

In 3 years I've had exactly two passengers ask for water. One got my extra bottle because he tipped up front and apologized for taking me so far out of the area. They other got booted from the car and the trip canceled. Holding steady at a 4.86 Uber / 4.92 Lyft

Hell yeah !

That sucks. Just like Uber make us maintain 4.7 rating to not get deactivated, i wish drivers had the ability to rate back UBER too, and make them maintain their rating to stay in the rideshare business. Wait until i become the president, i will take care everyone of you, we be popping bottles!

oscardelta

Don't give them anything!!! No phone chargers, water, gum, mints...nothing. Sit there and sip your cool refreshing water while they watch. If they ask for something, let them know where the nearest grocery store is and ask them if they would like you to drop them off there so they can go in and buy something.

It's bad enough that people expect a limousine-like experience for $5, but they expect you to provide them with free groceries on top of it? Get serious.

timberstx

My rating has gone up since the lower fares. And I also stopped offering water the day the fares went down. I never received one tip from someone that took water. Many just opened it up, took a sip then left it in the door.

I always open and close my doors if I can get to the doors before they do. Just because I am tired of hearing them slam them shut. My last car was 25 years old, and I had to slam them shut.
This new car they practically close by themselves. No need to slam.

JCHeights

Oh man...I gave water out once to see how it worked. Yeah, people were appreciative but then it blew up a bit. A pax opened a bottle, took a sip and left it. I was super busy and didn't notice and next passengers come in. I offer water and "Gahh, this is open". they were cool about it but yup, got a 1 star for being a nice guy. So I said F it. If I have gum I will share but I don't go out of my way. I fluctuate now at a 4.85-4.84. Oh, one more thing about gum. The only pax to essentially demnad it was this horrible nasty thing that was going to Cle. She kept me waiting for five minutes, demanded gum, asked to change the music and never said thank you. So no gum for you sweet cheeks. Shocking she had a 4.17 rating.

Ray H

After a year of being on the Uber platform and more than 3k trips... I have been beaten down into offering water to min fare pax, since they seem to be the only ones interested in asking for free water.

Since the lower rates my star ratings have plummeted from an average 4.81 to 4.72 and Uber is now sending me emails threatening my access to Select. With only 1 in 25 - 30 fares being Select, it's obvious the X pax are rating me low. Why? I have absolutely no clue and Uber answer is to give them MORE!

View attachment 50353

sorry man.no matter what you do if someone doesn't like you they would give you a low rating

darkshy77

Uber says 40% of all drivers use the service.... Low rate your Competitor.... not that I would ever do that when I was drunk and give a guy 2 stars.

Teamwork

Ratings go up/down regardless of water, gum. New drivers, don't fall for this crap, at .87/mile no one makes money specially the 28%ers.

Trebor

It's torture. You lower the rates, attracting the entitled METRO riders. Then when I don't pleasure them, you tell me to spend MORE money to make them happy.
Doesn't make you feel great when you see that your rider is waiting a metro stop? I cancel and move on.

1) They are going to be in a bad mood because of the heat and they likely missed their bus.
2) We are obviously headed straight down a street with lots of lights and stops.

What's really belittling is these fast food workers calling Uber for a ride to/from work. If they can afford private cars, something is really wrong with what we get paid.

Trebor

Anyways, I started this new thing for UberX trips.

If you are coming from a business, (retail, restaurants, bars) you are being ignored. If it is surging, you will be picked up. The reason being, is that there is less than a 10 percent chance you are taking a trip longer than 10 miles. (the street name dictates if it is a business or not, although it can be kind of hard to determine since Houston is not one for zoning.)

Now, if I know its likely to be a hotel/ high rise residential or office space I will go ahead and accept (since these are likely to be a airport run). Strip clubs I always accept.

When I am kicked offline for 20 minutes, (happens quite a lot) I head home to wait. When that 20 minutes is up, I do log back in but at least I am a little closer to home (suburbia where the trips are longer).

UberCadi

Want to up your rating? Avoid surges. But, that is counterproductive to making any money. Surges always ding rating. I love the unknowing person that picks Select as the default, but u know in the end will result in poor rating because of the charge.

This weekend I carted around a few folks for 1hr 40 mins on Select. I knew they didn't know they got Select. It was a pair, then had to pick up a friend several miles away. Then come back to a retail place near where we left from. Waited 15 mins. Then that one didn't work out for them so we had to go to another one 10 miles away. Then after 15 mins was time to go back where they came from, wait in line at Wendy's and then take their friend home, then take the original pair home. Was a very nice net pay, and chuckled all the home. He he ha ha. And...I most definitely could tell I did not get a 5-star that night. And...they kept saying I was the best Uber driver they had yet. Hey, for Select I'll take you anywhere. Had it been X, they would have been hailing a new ride after the first stop.

darkshy77

View attachment 50353

Did you start? Rating go up? Mine is up for a change... Out of 4.6 club.... Hell yes o wait don't care